WTF IS THIS SH!T?!? The movie takes away everything that made Jem what it is: the secret identity, the holographic A.I., and most of all, The Misfits. This makes the two G.I. Joe films look like The Godfather Parts I & II.

What this thing I watch?

where's Holomatter I.A.????

Where's Jem?

Is that a... a... Man, I don't konw are this.

WTF IS THIS SH!T?!? The movie takes away everything that made Jem what it is: the secret identity, the holographic A.I., and most of all, The Misfits. This makes the two G.I. Joe films look like The Godfather Parts I & II.

Which is really bad because those G.I. Joe movies are terrible. Even though I haven't seen the second one yet.

Jem was 80s anime cool. I still look for cels and sketches on occasion. I read a post on another forum that basically said they turned Jem into a youtube / tv singing contest star.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised but I'm not. I remember early images and the people involved. I knew this wasn't going to be anything special. The sad thing is people will still see this mess.

where's jem and the holograms? waste of an I.P. should have just named it something else and it would have been fine.

Not to them it isn't a waste. They just latched on to something known. Parents that grew up in the 80s might still take their kids. Even if it's just 50% of them. Then there is the audience for youtube / tv singing contests. That trailer will get them. It's not for people that actually liked Jem. Not that I watched more than a few episodes.

At least the comic does a better job of looking the part

Jem01_cvr.jpg

Even this misses the anime look. Jem was more adult looking.

They're missing out on a huge opportunity by ignorring the Wuzzles. They're two types of fun, wrapped up and rolled into one.

I also wonder why no one ever talks about Studio Ghibli's remake of The Littles. :)

Edited by Keith

Just copy and paste. Don't spend any money. Create the conditions for failure and act like you're not aware of how bad it is. Almost like HG except when a movie studio does it they actually advertise in a normal way.

YEEEEEEEEESSS

Edited by Legioss

Not me, but remember what happend with Green Lantern, with the "polemic" about homossexualism of Alan Scott.

In the Midia they said only Green Lantern, not who, and the movie (if the movie needed it to be a fiasco...) and animated series don't get much audience because, parents don't want see "that influence over his children".

I believe, what the comic, can make something with movie, and because this, they "wipe out" any reference about the band.

Not me, but remember what happend with Green Lantern, with the "polemic" about homossexualism of Alan Scott.

In the Midia they said only Green Lantern, not who, and the movie (if the movie needed it to be a fiasco...) and animated series don't get much audience because, parents don't want see "that influence over his children".

I believe, what the comic, can make something with movie, and because this, they "wipe out" any reference about the band.

?

Nah. What the IDW comic is doing with Jem doesn't matter. The live action movie, the comic, and the old animated series are unique-even mutually exclusive. For fans of the original animated series, I think it would have been nice to have a few direct nods to the animated series that didn't completely rewrite Jerrica's origin story or the way she became a pop star.

That trailer doesn't remind me of Jem at all, either. To me, it seems like more of a bland coming of age film. That may be fine for new audiences, but it will be disappointing for anyone who has seen the original show.