I bought mine on ebay. $100 for all four, just couldn't pass up on that.

Agreed. Now I have to decide if I'm going to follow the same route...

Wow! So cool, I wished my GX-64 had those sparkly effects.

The final effect of the lighting should be a bright white shouldn't it? Asides from that I like the sparklies also...

The final effect of the lighting should be a bright white shouldn't it? Asides from that I like the sparklies also...

That's what I was thinking. Loved the sparkling effect but the "pay off" at the end was a bit of a let down. Need to be a very bright white.

Chris

We're all waiting for you're build to top both of those customs :)

Don't be holding our breath... I keep seeing the wooden deck colour everywhere now, which leads me to thinking that maybe I should paint that portion of the toy too. Haven't decided about putting on the photo-etched handrails or not as I never see them in any reference, but it would give the toy some scale. Maybe I might get around to it during the Christmas Holidays, but I haven't had a chance to touch it since I got it initially.

WTF, hadouhochinko. As if the Yamato itself isn't enough of a phallic symbol, lol! They could do a series of boxers, one with the drill missile would be awesome.

Edited by peter

Has anyone posted the trailer for the new Yamato film? If not, here you go.

Yeah, someone did post it earlier, but it’s still cool to see it again. What’s going on with that scene where they’re all looking at the IJN Yamato with the forest background?

Oh the boxers are TOOOOooo funny. Yeah, the sparkly effect is what I'm goin for and fixing the amber color cabin lights. Maybe I could make another set to go with the boxers...;-) -MT

Agreed. Now I have to decide if I'm going to follow the same route...

I was in the same boat, but decided to get the Japanese release. Just finished Vol. 4 and I'm so loving this series! The character development is great as are the tactics used in battles. Finding myself just as interested in finding out more about the Gamarillans as I am the Yamato crew. Tapped out on spending money now, but plan on ordering Vol. 5-7 soon as I can! Anyone know how far they plan on taking the new series? Do they plan to adapt all of the original series?

So far they only did the 2199 arc, which runs for 26 episodes + Ark of the Stars (which takes place mainly between episodes 24 and 25). No announcemet for a remake of season 2 has been made but the foundations are there, well established within the released material.

So far they only did the 2199 arc, which runs for 26 episodes + Ark of the Stars (which takes place mainly between episodes 24 and 25). No announcemet for a remake of season 2 has been made but the foundations are there, well established within the released material.

I can only wonder it they're still trying to decide if a 2nd series would be a successful venture for them, or not...

Pensive's Predictions for Yamato 2204, based on that spoiler video provided by Anti...

-Presuming that this movie (Yamato 2199: Galantis Ships Do the Twist!) is cannon there should be several major changes to the old 2nd season chain of events:

1) The Galantis Twister Rednecks now have a reason to attack Earth, thanks to death-metal Captain Ahab & 'Princess Invidia' (im guessing that's supposed to be her)

2) Unlike in the original 2nd season, a renewed Cosmos Navy has some comprehension on the Galantis Empire, some of their vessels, potentional tactics, their method of Warping in [for sensor long range indentification purposes] as well as a major spoiler on their 'Magna Flame Gun'

So WTF is with the thingie planetoid/flying cross with higher glphics all over it and... W,T.F. was with a Yamato vessel in the trees?

Pensive's Predictions for Yamato 2204, based on that spoiler video provided by Anti...

-Presuming that this movie (Yamato 2199: Galantis Ships Do the Twist!) is cannon there should be several major changes to the old 2nd season chain of events:

1) The Galantis Twister Rednecks now have a reason to attack Earth, thanks to death-metal Captain Ahab & 'Princess Invidia' (im guessing that's supposed to be her)

2) Unlike in the original 2nd season, a renewed Cosmos Navy has some comprehension on the Galantis Empire, some of their vessels, potentional tactics, their method of Warping in [for sensor long range indentification purposes] as well as a major spoiler on their 'Magna Flame Gun'

So WTF is with the thingie planetoid/flying cross with higher glphics all over it and... W,T.F. was with a Yamato vessel in the trees?

This is part of the 2199 timeline, taking place between episodes 24 and 25. Why wouldn't it be canon?!

Also, taking into account all the changes that took place during the actual series, any remake of Yamato 2 would have a radically different background, chief among them the fact that Garmillas is not totally destroyed, only rid of Desler and with Hyss and Dietz having to work out a new government (though part of that is yet to take place, in episode 25).

As for the rest of those questions, and probably more, check out the movie's comprehensive synopsis we got up at ourstarblazers.com. Avoid if you don't want spoilers.

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/941/

Edited by westfall

This is part of the 2199 timeline, taking place between episodes 24 and 25. Why wouldn't it be canon?!

Also, taking into account all the changes that took place during the actual series, any remake of Yamato 2 would have a radically different background, chief among them the fact that Garmillas is not totally destroyed, only rid of Desler and with Hyss and Dietz having to work out a new government (though part of that is yet to take place, in episode 25).

When Starsha cautioned the Yamato crew against weaponizing Iscandar technology, I saw that as foreshadowing. It could be that I was reading into things because of my experience with the original series, but it would also be a neat twist if Starsha's words had meaning beyond the Terran/Garmillas conflict.

I don't think the changes would affect the story too much. SBY 2199 is already a parallel plot when compared to the original. Having the planet Garmillas survive is an interesting change. However, with the government, economy, and defense force weak due to rebellion and the Earth/Yamato business there remains a void for a stronger enemy to take advantage.