Ps2 Game A.c.e 2

GrimlockCW

ain't seen it mentioned so i figured i'd point out a few things of it.

i was in Japan a few monthes ago and saw an awsome preview for a game caleld A.C.E 2 and guess what! VALKS! and even Macross based missions (hell it ends on a Macross DYRL note! won't say how, but it does!)

it includes

Max's DYRL 1A

Hikaru's DYRL 1A

Hikaru's DYRL 1S

Hikaru's TV 1J with GBP1S armor (this ones a pain to unlock)

Fokker's DYRL 1S

Milia 639 from DYRL (another pain to unlock really)

those are the playables, it also has numerous Zentran ships and other enemy units

and an assortment of Macross based Missions!

i baught the game when it was released at the end of march (i was still there waiting of course!)

and i gotta say, if battlecry or ANY Macross/Robotech ever used controls as simple as these, they'd own the market!!

Gerwalk can actually slam into reverse and outrun enemy units/missiles! or bust tot he side and strafe around the enemy in circles (in fact its best to just hang out in Gerwalk and do this often...)

they game also includes Mecha from a dozen other series like Brain PowrD, Various Gundam Series, Aura Battler Dunbine, and more! so its a guarantee no american company will get their heads out of their arses and allow this game to come to the north american continent (damned licenses!) or that'd be AWSOME

figured i'd give a heads up, it was released in march and i tried to post back then but my registration didn't got through for some reason and i forgot until now.

i baught a Japanese PS2 while i was there just for this game (and the DVD's i baught while there as well as a few other games)

give it a looks i say!

www.ace-game.jp

P.S. i also found the Macross Plus PS1 game.. anyone know the controls for this one? i can't figure it out! lol, or rather, their just wierd or something... i never was to good with PS1 titles pre-analog

Edited by GrimlockCW

I too enjoyed this game and the simple controls. I only wish transforming was slightly easier than pulling it up from the weapons menu.

Milia 636 from DYRL (another pain to unlock really)

How do you unlock those?

I too enjoyed this game and the simple controls. I only wish transforming was slightly easier than pulling it up from the weapons menu.

Milia 636 from DYRL (another pain to unlock really)

How do you unlock those?

414092[/snapback]

lol theres an easy control set, when you select, select the second one, then its hold the L1 button and press R1 or R2 to change up or down.

and it changes weapons to hold L1 and press one of the shape buttons.

saves the hassle of selecting weapons individually in combat, and overall speeds things up a LOT, making a much more fast paced game IMO.

kk, now for the unlocks! you get them when clearing certain conditions, what they is i dunno, after you first load your game from the start go down one menu and go to the mission select screen, select pretty much any mission then go to the top and launch, now it'll be your usual character select but with new menus!

bottom most is the unlockables, they cost a LOT of points, and what ones are visible to unlock depend on what ya did, i dn't have the 1J GBP1, my friend got it, but i dunno what was required. at Gamefaqs.com, there was once a thing that said clear the 5 bous stages but theres more like 9 or so of those, and i've cleared them all, it may require a higher difficulty setting type thing i dunno, ain't been working on it much lately.

Milia 639, actually sux without upgrades... even then she's not so hot on the field agianst anythign cept small fry enemies, shes FAST, but weak. since that was so, i was kinda disappointed they didn't throw in Max's Quad for fun since it'd only be a repaint and new face to add.

then next menu up from there is something i haven't figured out, go up one more and you can upgrade your units, unlock more attacks, power, combos and so on.

the 50000 slot is often blanked out, i'm not sure what opens it but sometimes it'll be upgradeable, i think thats what unlocks special combos (like the ones oftens seen in A.C.E 1, where it was circle, circle, square, and it'd melee, mellee, shoot, and so on)

the middle menu, i dunno what it is, its locked to me, and i haven't been playing much lately, as i've a stack of unfinished games to complete now that i've out of the military and have time to do so, i think i shall :)

hmm got Gundam Climax U.C.? my friend had unlocked EVERYTHING in that game, 72 mecha, a ton of vids, and char profiles... every little thing!

some of those units are INSANE! specially since the Phsyco Gundam (think SDF1 sized black gundam) is playable!

i gnabbed his save of course :ph34r:

EDIT: Fixed typo on Milia 639 (9 dangit 9!... my brain no worky)

Edited by GrimlockCW

• 2 weeks later...

i finally unlocked the GBP1S 1J

you hafta do all the bonus missions, or at least a number of them after you beat the game

Milia was just a beat her till the scene where the Macross gets saved by Bodolza's fleet playing Minmeis song saves them from the Meltrandi attack (ya know, like in the movie! Max kicks Milia's tail and they get married and live.... okay maybe not but yeah)

if i recall thats what got her anyways :)

i need to dig for info and see if i've unlocked everything....

GBP1S is like using Milia, but a bit slower and with more missile power

you can eject the armor (and it auto ejects at a certain armor/health level) but this leaves you with not more than a Valkyrie with no missiles, so its just a gunpod and head cannons

but at least you can maneouver fully now :p

if other companies ran the GBP1S like this, it'd be awsome, cause it'd be usable!!

ANYWHERE! though A.C.E 2 does force it so strike gear is in space only.

but the GPB1S is actually a little weaker than you'd think, but they just made the missiles slightly less accurate and threw in a few other tweaks. your gunpod is still yer best weapon

PLEASE tell me this game has VS mode!!!!!!!!!!

417746[/snapback]

yeah 1vs1 split screen :p

i was decimating my buddy with my VF1 since i could nail it into gerwalk and haul tail in reverse when he tried to attack me melee

my only complaint agianst A.C.E 2 vs the original is in the original you could land on the ships

in 2 you can't :/

i wanted so bad to land on the Macross's shoulder and shoot down Meltrandi :p

Edited by GrimlockCW

YEAYYY!!!!! you had me at "yeah 1vs1 split screen :p"!!!!!!!

going to order ASAP!!!

Heck looks like we might have a new game for AX2007 tournament!!!

ace2.jpg

edit: Just Orderd it ,I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Razor x

This is the whole list of unlockables.

Zwarth: Get 30 Secrets or launch for 100 missions.

Billbine Camoflage: Upgrade Billbine to Lv.4

Lepruchan: Use 40 different units or launch for 85 missions

Enhanced Layzner: Upgrade Layzner to Lv.4

Lazyner Mk-II Original: Upgrade Layzner Mk-II

Bullgrenn: Use 20 different units or launch for 82 missions

Zakarl: Get 40 Secrets or launch for 110 missions

Daljan: Get 25 Secrets or launch for 97 missions

L-Gaim Mk-II: Upgrade the Amon Duule "Stack"

Auge: Get 60 Secrets or launch for 118 missions

D-1 Custom: Upgrade D-1 Lifter to Lv.1

D-2 Custom: Upgrade D-2 Lifter to Lv.1

D-3 Late Type: Upgrade D-3 Lifter to Lv.1

Gilgazamune: Get 35 Secrets or launch for 106 missions

Nelly Brain: Upgrade Yuu Brain to Lv.4

Johnathan Baronz: Clear Extra Mission 1 or launch for 95 missions

Quincy Baronz: Get 50 Secrets or launch for 114 missions

Aestivalis (Akatsuki): Clear Extra Mission 3 or launch for 88 missions

Aestivalis Gunner Prototype: Clear eight Training missions in Free Missions mode or launch for 80 missions

Black Selena: Clear Campaign Mode

Aestie Custom (Ryoko): Get 20 Secrets or launch for 93 missions

Aestie Custom (Hikaru): Get 15 Secrets or launch for 92 missions

Aestie Custom (Izumi): Get 10 Secrets or launch for 91 missions

Alstromeria: Get 30 Ace ranks or launch for 75 missions

Yatenkou: Get 60 Ace ranks or launch for 130 missions

Sazabi: Get 75 Secrets or launch for 150 missions

Gundam GP02A: Clear Extra Mission 2 or launch for 120 missions

Neue Ziel: Use 70 different units or launch for 140 missions

Armored Valkyrie: Clear all 12 Training missions in Free Missions mode

Nanajin: Clear Mission 2

Oukao: Clear Mission 66

Feather Ark: Clear Campaign Mode on Ace difficulty or launch for 160 missions

As you can see, almost all of the machines will be awarded for simply playing the game enough times. I really have a blast playing this game. My favorite unit right now is the Layzner Mk II, which in itself is a beautiful little midget Gundam-Valkyrie hyrbird.

since i posted this in the wrong thread originaly as we got O/T'd agian

here

Freaking A man! Those are some wicked looking pictures... but what does Battroid mode look like???

Okay, I forgot to add: go to www.gamefaqs.com and look up Macross DYRL. They have all the unlockables. I have some stuff unlocked, but others I shall never see, because I SUCK! Muahhahahah! :D

420047[/snapback]

i checked gamefaqs, they only had one for a PS1 game.

follow the link up there to the robots section, the first 2 menus of Macross, the first one is just the 1J, the second is the DYRL valks, and its got a couple nice shots of battroid modes, wings spread no less!

the 1J looks a little gimp in its battroid as it does close them, but its less noticable than in DYRL

Edit: since yer lazy

i was looking for the promo movie that hooked me but instead i found these

futa.jpg

ace23.jpg

from here

theres more of other craft

here we go

Opening movie

doesn't have the right music, prob the pre-release version :p but its all there

awsome vids there at Youtube :)

in the intro they show Hikaru shoot down some missile, yet in game ya can't :/

course the intro is CGI'ed up.

that promo vid shows mostly macross scenes :) so enjoy that one, and its kinda on topic as its DYRL!

Freaking A man! Those are some wicked looking pictures... but what does Battroid mode look like???

Okay, I forgot to add: go to www.gamefaqs.com and look up Macross DYRL. They have all the unlockables. I have some stuff unlocked, but others I shall never see, because I SUCK! Muahhahahah! :D

420047[/snapback]

i checked gamefaqs, they only had one for a PS1 game.

'S because the game isn't called DYRL. The official title is Super Dimensional Fortress Macross(or rather, the japanese equivalent thereof), like the TV show.

Just do a search for Macross and you'll find it fast enough.

How this for the Jap illiterate? The videos of it make it look all kinds of fun  :o

421407[/snapback]

? A.C.E 2?

it is loads of fun, and if you've seen most of the series in it, it follows them almost to closely in the missions to that series.

for instance the infamous argument over the crater on Mars in Nadesico between Yurika and Akito is all in there (in the middle of a battle no less! sheesh, irresponsible those two...)

only thing it doesn't do is kill certain chars in various points

some points are dull just nail every weakling target in the way, othertimes it can be a pain with the targeting system, but once you learn how to use it, its not hard

So...is it worth spending $40?

I saw some gameplay videos on YouTube, it looks good but I was just wondering if the playability is big.

421492[/snapback]

yar, its a good game :) nice and long to.

i've had it since release and i can't complain one bit, but thats my opinion of it, you'd hafta form yer own

So...is it worth spending $40?

I saw some gameplay videos on YouTube, it looks good but I was just wondering if the playability is big.

421492[/snapback]

yar, its a good game :) nice and long to.

i've had it since release and i can't complain one bit, but thats my opinion of it, you'd hafta form yer own

421539[/snapback]

What I meant was in using of the Valkyries.

ahh that, its got some simpler controls than most for it, and you'll prob spend most of yer time in gerwalk and battroid, fighters pretty useless outside of running for distance.

the Valkyries actually don't show up till later in the game also, so its a bit of a run to get them unlocked

Finally got this! It's lots of fun, but I prefer the ground missions to the space ones. I love the not killing people off. Gai is my fave playable choice so far XD

Besides Macross, Nadesico, BrainPowerd, and the various Gundam-stuff, Anyone have a list of the other series mixed in there, there are a lot I don't recognise, and I'd like to check them out possibly. And deciphering Katakana gives me headaches.. :wacko:

Looking specifically for where that lady with the big hair is from. ("Kau - ha - resshii" - or something)

Edited by Phren

• 2 weeks later...

YEAAAAYYYEEEE!!!! its finaly here!!! just got my copy of ACE 2 tonight !!! :D

I kinda just jumped into it and started playing but could someone give me a idea how i should set this game up the best way??

im totaly lost witch control setting is best? how do i sellect vs mode? can i choose a story line or is there just one campain?

i just need some simple faqs to get started any help would be great!

thanks in advance...

RaZoR X ...OuT!!

YEAAAAYYYEEEE!!!! its finaly here!!! just got my copy of ACE 2 tonight !!! :D

I kinda just jumped into it and started playing but could someone give me a idea how i should set this game up the best way??

im totaly lost witch control setting is best? how do i sellect vs mode? can i choose a story line or is there just one campain?

i just need some simple faqs to get started any help would be great!

thanks in advance...

RaZoR X ...OuT!!

425205[/snapback]

meh, second control scheme is best, otherwise you have to select between weapons each time

just one campagin, i haven't figured out what the series select thing is all about :/

umm i forget the menu's atm and i'm to lazy to check cause i'm bout to go shoot someone with mah PBall rifle

www.rap4.com :ph34r:

he he

razorx go to wikipedia and search for the game title. I think all the menu option are listed there.

This game is cool. Kicking but with valkyries is priceless.

The only slight nitpick I have is that the vf-1 models are all missing

the hip crossbar in battroid mode...