Some more info on the D-Arts Pokémon:

* Mewtwo was just released last month. It comes with a Mew figurine, an effects part and a Pokéball-shaped Tamshii Stage stand.

* Charizard (Lizardon) was just released last week. It comes with flame effects parts and a Pokéball-shaped Tamshii Stage stand. Unfortunately, it does not come with Charmander or Charmeleon.

* Blastoise (Kamex) will be available in June and will come with water blast effects parts. No word if Squirtle will come with the figure.

* Venusaur (Fushigibana) is slated for an August release. Its flower is fully articulated and will come with detachable vines. Bulbasaur and Ivysaur figures will least likely see the light of day.

* No word on any other Pokémon figures. Still, it's a surprise to most fans that there is no Pikachu or Ash.

• 2 weeks later...

bnr_kibaranger_B01_fix.jpg

Bandai has officially announced that the Tamashii Web exclusive S.H. Figuarts Kiba Ranger will be released in Japan this September for ¥3,675. The figure will come with Byakkoshinken, his talking sword. And if you follow Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger, Kiba Ranger will also come with an interchangeable Akibaranger chest emblem.

But here's the good news for Tommy fans: S.H. Figuarts Kiba Ranger (minus the Akibaranger emblem) will be repackaged for the U.S. market as White Ranger, and will be available this October for US$44.99.

S.H. Figuarts Kiba Ranger/White Ranger Official Images

shf+powerful+rangers.jpg

In episode 5 of Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger Season 2, a disruption in the continuity causes the Super Sentai Series to actually originate in America with "Powerful Rangers". The upcoming S.H. Figuarts Tyranno Ranger and Dragon Ranger will come with the "American flag" neck and belt parts for Akibaranger fans to re-enact this episode. These parts, however, will not be in the U.S. release.

S.H. Figuarts Powerful Rangers Revealed

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Rei or Makoto, I guess I'm just a sucker for long haired brunettes :)

There's a lot of potential for exclusives with this line...

Don't talk like that, I need the whole team and I don't want to have to pay out the nose buying web shop exclusives through NY to get them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And BBTS is the first to put Ami up for pre-order. kind of odd since none of the Japanese retailers have her listed yet and I haven't heard anything about this one being web exclusive in japan.

I'm waiting for amazon to throw up pre-orders personally (same price as BBTS, but faster free shipping).

• 2 weeks later...

S.H. Figuarts Iron Man Mk. VI (アイアンマン マーク6)
Bandai, 2013
Made in China

Contents
Iron Man Mk. VI figure
Open hands x 2
Repulsor hands x 2
Repulsor peg hands x 2
Back armor flaps x 2
Leg armor flaps x 2
Repulsor hand effects (small) x 2
Repulsor hand effects (large) x 2
Repulsor foot effects x 2

Iron Man Mk. VI is Bandai's first stab at competing with Kaiyodo's Revoltech line on Marvel action figures. Compared to other incarnations of Mk. VI of this size, this version boasts over 45 points of articulation, resulting in a wide range of poseability that surpasses the Revoltech version. Unlike other figures, which have the chest painted in white or bluish white, the Figuarts' chest features a clear plastic window that reveals an intricately sculpted Arc Reactor underneath. The figure even rivals the larger, more expensive Hot Toys versions with its shiny metallic paint finish.

Accessories are very minimal, as the figure comes with the usual array of hands plus some armor pieces and effects parts. The armor plates on the back and behind the legs can be swapped with open flaps to give the effect of mid-air braking or high-speed maneuvering. When swapping the hands, don't forget to place the flaps behind the hands. The effects parts can be attached on the feet and the Repulsor peg hands to give the effect of flight or Repulsor blast attacks.

Overall, the S.H. Figuarts Iron Man Mk. VI is, bar none, the best Iron Man figure in the 6" class. If you can't afford the Hot Toys versions, this is the next best thing.

Detail: A+
Features: B+
Articulation: A

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

tell me about it, I've got to team build MMPR figures AND sailor Moon figures over the next 6 months. BTW, I understand why they did it, but I'm still a little bummed that the tiger ranger has a buff sculpt. I wonder if we'll get a US only female bodied yellow ranger?

tell me about it, I've got to team build MMPR figures AND sailor Moon figures over the next 6 months. BTW, I understand why they did it, but I'm still a little bummed that the tiger ranger has a buff sculpt. I wonder if we'll get a US only female bodied yellow ranger?

Bandai announced a few months back that the U.S. market will get a female Yellow Ranger.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where else to post this but I just received the Tamashii Exclusive Garo Ryuga from the new series and I gotta say it might be the most beautiful figure I've ever seen from Bandai. The paint apps are ultra clean and the sculpt and design are just mind-blowing for a figure that size. I'm also a big fan of the new series and the Ryuga's Garo armor so that helps. I highly recommend this awesome piece of art! I'm going to pick up Zen now for sure.

so I got my White ranger yesterday. The paint and sculpt work are really good but I'm a little disappointed by the accessory count. You get the sword with two blades and two hands... and that's it.

tumblr_inline_mjze1e2TlD1qz4rgp_zpsfda2d

But really what else would he come with short of more hands he only had one weapon, unlike the other rangers that tons of weapons

True on both points. IMO if a character doesn't have a lot of accessories by the nature of the character, then throw in more hand options to pad the part count out. Holding-things hands on both sides and some splayed finger hands would be nice.

• 1 month later...

forgot to mention, Sailor Mercury and Pink Ranger arrived in a box from Amazon this Wednesday.

Something slightly confusing on the pink ranger: it has the knife/gun thing in blade/holstered form, and in gun form combined with the little white bird/slingshot-thing but no stand alone gun mode. I'm I missing something? Is that part left out of the US release?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...