WTF did I just watch? Even kids that are victims of bully's would bully anyone involved in this monstrosity. It looks like someone with a furry fetish found a loop hole to make their own film. Now I have to go bleach my eyeballs.....

After refusing to watch it for eight years, I finally decided to watch Speed Racer. What a mess. While I get that the Wachowskis were trying to make a live-action cartoon, they completely failed at the execution. The cartoonish CG effects shown on the trailers looked bad back then, and the whole film looks much worse now. And like any Wachowski movie after The Matrix, the storyline sucks.

Maybe I'll dig deeper and see just how bad Jupiter Ascending is.

I don't think anything could be worse than that ....so far....but the way we humans are, someone out there is going to top it...

Edited by grigolosi

"You're already dead."

You know, I was looking at the lineup on TV one day (the modern version of channel surfing, looking at the titles with the on-screen guide, anyone remember TV guide? - but I digress) and saw "Fist of the North Star" listed on one of the premium channels I have. I turned it on thinking "Cool! they are showing an Anime show". When I actually saw it was a Live Action movie I was disappointed but kept watching for a bit - ten, fifteen minutes tops before I turned it off. That thing was rock bottom.

I'll give that movie props for being aptly named. Sucker punched is exactly how I felt after sitting through that piece of garbage, even though it was a Redbox rental with a substantial discount code... pout-y T&A was nowhere near enough to salvage that incoherent, unwatchable mess. :wacko:

I think the main conceit of Sucker Punch was the idea that Snyder tried to visualize the fantasies of the main character (Baby Doll) and passed that on with hardly any explanation to the audience. It was hard to track the switch between the actual world in the mental care facility and Baby Doll's multiple false realities.

She had levels of displacement going on. The dance brothel being one and the ridiculous action sequences where proto-Stick would appear as her guide being the more complex retreats. I think the movie may have worked better if Snyder had grounded the fantasy with more reality and shown us just a bit more transition.

I know I would have felt better about the movie if I got to see more of Baby Doll as just a regular patient getting treatments. Seeing more of Baby Doll without the overblown fantasy would have created more of an emotional connection for me and that would have allowed me to care more about the odd stuff. As it stands, it was an interesting mess that needed a good editor (or two, or three).

Edited by technoblue

I had low expectations for this movie, only to find myself being impressed by the concept & the execution. The fact that the narration quickly shifts into level 1 and level 2 fantasies and stayed there actually worked in favor of the movie IMO. Maybe more people would like it if it were a japanese animated feature...

• 2 weeks later...

But.... nothing beats this appalling nightmare

awww! I loved Megaforce when I was a kid! It was only a few years ago I got hold of a copy to watch it again to confirm what I had expected for years of how bad this movie actually is! Its sooo bad its awesome!

and one for the list of most terrible movies I have come across in a considerable amount of time..

The Amazing Bulk!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1788453/

MV5BMTQ2OTYwMzQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzc1

Edited by spanner

awww! I loved Megaforce when I was a kid! It was only a few years ago I got hold of a copy to watch it again to confirm what I had expected for years of how bad this movie actually is! Its sooo bad its awesome!

and one for the list of most terrible movies I have come across in a considerable amount of time..

The Amazing Bulk!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1788453/

Mate, when will you learn to stop quoting multiple videos on your replies?

Is it too soon to nominate Batman VS Superman yet? Because that was pretty darn godawful and I still want every minute I spent in the theater back.

Nothing's too soon here. Hell, we've nominated movies months before their release. Just look at what we've posted about Gods of Egypt a few pages back.