The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

9:00AM Fast Five Brainstorming Session

ANd then he be like vrooom, and the other guy be like vraaaam, and then there is explosion, and the popo arrives with tactical gear and scoped M-4's flashbang the room, and then Blam, rocky does people's elbow, followed by regeaton booty booty booty booty booty everywhere then villain be like, "hey I race u biotch" and then of course we have an import vs detroit muscle race, imported from Detroit biiiiaaaatch! then popo arrives again, and Torreto kayak's to Japan in a converted El Camino. Meanwhile, the team arrives in the UK to face the enigmatic racer mercenary known as The Stig in a tale involving guns, drugs, hookers, and cars, setting the stage for the sixth movie.

That is frakkin' funny lol.

The all-new Volkswagen Beetle is less curvy and less feminine-looking (and, hopefully, less problematic) than its predecessor. Volkswagen claims that the new design is closer to the original Beetle than the 1998 incarnation. As always, it shares parts with the Golf. No more flower vase in the dashboard; instead, the Beetle has a more driver-oriented interior. The Turbo model uses the same 2.0 liter turbocharged inline-4 found in the GTI, which generates 197 bhp.

2012-Volkswagen-Beetle-White-Front-Angle-3-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Beetle-White-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Beetle-White-Rear-And-Side-2-1920x1440.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Beetle-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2012 Volkswagen Beetle

I love colored/two-tone interiors. There's not NEARLY enough of them available. I hate when companies say they spent so much time/money on a new interior---then all they offer it in is "dark grey everywhere". (black is almost non-existent in cars, pure true black would be awesome in some cases---but it never is--"ebony" leather is not black, it's dark grey. "Graphite" interiors are the same)

Okay, something's not right about this...

Fast Five: 78% on Rotten Tomatoes.com

That is Vin diesel is an amazing actor. A true thespian. Paul Walker is also an amazing actor. Completely unappreciated in his time he did this mob movie recently, forgot the name but it was totally bad ass.

That is Vin diesel is an amazing actor. A true thespian. Paul Walker is also an amazing actor. Completely unappreciated in his time he did this mob movie recently, forgot the name but it was totally bad ass.

And let's not forget the superb acting prowess of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. :ph34r:

Goddamn, NASCAR has nothing on this crash. Good thing both drivers walked away from it.

Yes. Very, VERY lucky. IIRC, the top-line driving suits are supposed to be good for something on the order of 30 - 45 sec of protection from exposure to flame? Although, obviously it got damned hot for the driver.

Wow, it was like there wasn't a fuel-cell at all, the way that thing lit up. Very lucky, indeed.

fastfive.jpg

Fast Five

Original Film/Universal Pictures, 2011

Directed by Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift)

Based upon characters created by Gary Scott Thompson (Hollow Man, 88 Minutes)

Running Time: 130 minutes

Rated PG-13 for graphic violence and profanity

Cast

Vin Diesel (The Iron Giant, xXx) as Dominic Toretto

Paul Walker (Chris in Timeline, Jerry in Eight Below) as Brian O'Conner

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (The Scorpion King, Cliffjumper in Transformers: Prime) as DSS Agent Luke Hobbs

Jordana Brewster (Jill in Chuck, Chrissie in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) as Mia Toretto

Tyrese Gibson (Epps in the Transformers trilogy) as Roman Pearce

Chris "Ludacris" Bridges (Anthony in Crash, Jim Bravura in Max Payne) as Tej Parker

Sung Kang (Raj in Live Free or Die Hard) as Han Lue

Gal Gadot (Miss Israel 2004) as Gisele Harabo

Don Omar (some Reggaeton singer) as Rico Santos

Tego Calderón (some Reggaeton rapper) as Tego Leo

Matt Schulze (Wall Street in The Transporter, Chupa in Blade II) as Vince

Joaquim de Almeida (Bucho in Desperado, Col. Cortez in Clear and Present Danger) as Hernan Reyes

Elsa Pataky as Elena Neves

Eva Mendes (Ajedrez in Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Sara in Hitch) as Agent Monica Fuentes (uncredited)

Synopsis

Years after springing Dominic Toretto out of a prison bus, former FBI agent Brian O'Conner and Dom's sister Mia reunite with him in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to do another grand theft auto job. But the job goes awry when Brian discovers that the cars were seized by the DEA and were part of a money laundering operation by businessman Hernan Reyes. Dom and Brian decide to form a team and pull a heist to steal $100 million of Reyes' laundered money, but they are quickly tailed by DSS Agent Luke Hobbs and rookie cop Elena Neves.

Lowdown

Yes, it's yet another installment in The Fast and the Furious saga, except that they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink into it. Fast Five brings back the main cast from 2009's Fast and Furious. In addition, we see return appearances by Vince from 2001's The Fast and the Furious and Roman and Tej from 2003's 2 Fast 2 Furious. Also joining the cast is The Rock himself, Dwayne Johnson, as a no-nonsense federal agent. In comparison to the previous four films, there's surprisingly a lot more acting and much more story content here.

But what about the cars? Well, those who are just in it for the cars will be disappointed. Cars take significantly less screen time than ever. No longer is there any focus on street racing, but at least we're treated to an intense car chase where Dom and Brian in two Dodge Chargers pull a safe vault all over town. There's more action and, surprisingly, a heavy body count in this movie. Yes, this is a darker, more serious film that the ricers probably won't be able to handle.

Another improvement is the soundtrack. Yes, you still have tidbits of annoying hip-hop and reggaeton music in some parts, but an orchestral score by Bryan Tyler (Six-String Samurai, Constantine) dominates the background. Perfect to suit the film's mature tone.

To sum things up, Fast Five rejuvenates the F&F film franchise with a different style of action worth watching over again. And be on the lookout for some surprise appearances after the credits.

Rating: B+

Hobbs: "I'll see you again"

Toretto: "No you won't."

Links

Official Fast Five Homepage

References

The Internet Movie Database

I will hopefully have my new Focus 2012 Hatchback next week :) . My plan was to go for the basic 400A Titanium version, but I opted for a high-end SEL model with 85% of the Titanium version's perks. Test drove the basic SE and SEL, and this completely blows away any conceptions I had about compact vehicles, what the Focus name conjures up ... this is a completely new vehicle compared to the plain-old Focus of the past decade. It will probably also be the closest in terms of design to the very popular Euro-Focuses... until we get the ST that is.

• 2 weeks later...

hope the linky works...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81514361/

LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

So he's Bruce Willis from RED.

I think that "Oh God! Oh my God--the mirror!" may become a new meme. :lol: What an idiot... http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/18/why-you-shouldnt-steal-a-gt500-and-drive-through-deer-country/

Reading the whole thread on that is entertaining.

Also Fast Five good. A few inconsistencies but still good. Vin Diesel vs. The Rock is worth admission. The Rock steals the show anytime he's on screen also.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Funny little description for an old Ford up for auction on evilBay. Gotta give 'em credit for putting in the effort on the writing.

"Holy crap! What kind of badassary is this?!

A sweet Ass 1978 Ford XC Falcon

Get the hell out of here!

This car is a god amongst other, smaller cars. It eats dead dinosaur to power its black dinosaur hating heart!

IT FRACKING EATS DEAD DINOSAURS!

Ever seen that scene in movies where there's a bad ass explosion in the background and someones walking away from without even looking back. You know where they got the idea. yeah that's right. This car walks away from explosions and doesn't even look back. Its lost plenty a pair of Gigantic sunglasses doing this so it just lets his best friend Samuel L Jackson dramatize it from now on.

This car will get you so many girls. Not weak ass girls. Strong ones. To open jars and poo.

Look at that sweet ass lens flare. Its like I'm watching Star Trek. FRAAAAAACK!!

And this mother comes equipped with a radio. Yep. Factory fitted. How sweet is that? So you can blast out Ray Hadley and Sky Hooks all day.

So your probably like, "Dude why would you sell such an awesome ass car"

WELL ILL TELL YOU WHY YOU NOSY ASS!!

I'm moving overseas for work and I gotta part with my project before I leave. So...

WANTED: ONE COOL HARD CORE YOUNG PETROLHEAD!

Sorry but I'm gonna do "The Big Talk-Up" - "The Hard Sell" - The "do something right for a change" on this one cos I'd like to see someone do that which I don't have time to do myself.

I brought it from the original owners son when he put his dad into a retirement home. It had it's original V8 swapped out for a straight 6 (for fuel economy I guess), so it currently runs a 4.1L, but is badged as 4.9. It needs a V8 put back into it.

I re-shod the beast with 4 new tires ($500) and had the bushes replaced in the front end ($800) and had Midas (I'll never use Midas again) fit a new muffler($600). It has some surface rust on the back window(pictured) as well as a little rust in the front drivers guard. You can get replacement guard lowers from Rarespares for under $100, or a good panel beater could just weld in a patch. You know, I spent years looking for one of these with a solid body. I finally find one, buy it to do up, and now have to sell it. AAARRRRRGGHH!

It's a 'P' platers delight! While your mates are stuffing around playing heroics in their Hiroshima Screamers [a dime per dozen] in a Monotonous Magna, Lamo Laser, Mazda bator [shudders], Horrible Hyundai, Dinky Dawoo, Beep-beep Barina [the tv ad kinda said it all lol!], Missin Somethin Nissan Whatevers, Tow-me Toy-ota, beam-me-up-scotty Bee-Em-Double U's [you spend more time begging for loans to pay for parts so out comes the BMX again :p], and other equally expensive to repair/maintain euro-trash, etc ...or even mum's v6 commondoor ...you can be smilin smug as you turn heads in your antique cruiser that everyone wants either to hire for their wedding or come cruising with you in style! Even the rice rocketeers will want you to take them for a cruise!

Like BIG sound systems? How big can you go in one of these old babys? Think about it. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Now picture it resprayed (yeah, it needs a respray) back to it's original Pepper Red, a thin yellow or black pin stripe, a lick of VHT color to tidy up the already decent 'p plate' legal power plant, a set of Pacemakers, a Holley, and decent air flow setup, some hydraulics, the Fairlane Marquis woodgrain with a Black & deep red interior scheme, your Boom Boom sound system, and finish off with some nice shiny 17 - 20inch rims & gold disc calipers ...LOW RIDER!

Did I mention that it comes with the original colour coded hub caps? How retro is that? (only the rears are fitted in the pics, as I'd just gotten it back from having new tires and the tire place was to lazy to put them back on.)

Remember: When you're done with your 'P' plates you can simply go the whole hoggit without changing cars [more finance ugh!] and drop a thunderous old clevo in. It already has a C4 box and original 9 inch diff. Fit a set of stainless exhausts and really show the rice rockets up! hahahahahaha! [evil old petrolhead laughter]

[NOTE: What type of car blew the rice rockets in Tokyo Drift? Euro? Import? Or a good old Ford?]

C'mon! ...ask yourself "Why the heck should I be just another brokass wanker kid up to my neck in hock driving a tonka toy when I can stay cashed up and on the road and never off in a dead reliable, almost unbreakable, low budget REAL cruiser that turns heads everywhere it goes and gets me some respect from enthusiasts both young and old?" [...

Go to any car show and see how popular these old cruisers are compared to the 1000's of cereal box, off the shelf, disposable rice burners! Even the japs don't keep the rice rockets beyond 60 or 80 thou klm! ...AND they make the horrid little things! Put $10 grand into an old ford and see what you get back in ten years. Now do the same math on your rice rockets and see how much you lose.

If you want a project car to restore, you be hard pressed to find one in better condition than this.

Look at the price of restored XA's and XB's...what do you think the next car to jump in value would be?

It just makes good sense to invest in these old fords!

Payment to be within two days (2) of closing of auction unless by prior arrangement.

All bids are final and binding. You bid, you win, you pay."