Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if this is going to be substantially different from the Yamato release?

The only problem with my Yamato one is that it is somewhat of a floppy mess.

It is wholeheartedly different. Minor changes from the previous bandai vb-6 release.

I've been on the fence about ordering one as I kind of liked the older color better. But in the end I decided to pre-order it since I don't have one yet. My wallet will be hurting later. ^_^

Preordered mine with NY as well. I'm not too crazy about the nose art, but I can overlook it considering how much improved this version is over Yamato's. Plus, the VB-6 is definitely one of Kawamori-san's coolest designs.

• 4 weeks later...

Now I'm debating if I still need to get this new one. Just found a brand new SP. version of the first Bandai release, so now I'm debating.

Doesn't the first release have less or no nose art? I'd say just stick with that one. Just say no to nose art IMO...

I dunno, man... Canaria seems like a tough chick... She was throwing Alto around like a bean bag...

Touche bro! I guess that's why she got the Koenig: the biggest, baddest transforming mecha of the SMS skull squadron. B))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have a guess as to when this thing is supposed to release? I've been looking around the web, including Bandai's Japanese site, to no avail. I PO'd thru NY, and they don't have a projected date either. Just hope Bandai makes enough/NY ordered enough to cover all their preorders.

Thanks, Jenius. That's about right, since these were up for preorder thru Nov/Dec. Having not seen or heard anything for at least two months, I was hoping it wasn't going to devolve into vaporware.

I did some more snooping around the web and discovered the Suprememecha blog. Cool stuff on there...anime models, toys, and such. As it happens, they have a 4/2015 release date for the Monster as well, so that's a good indicator. I'm really starting to anticipate this thing. The blog also points out a few things Bandai fixed from the first release, so that makes me happy, too. Improvements FTW.