Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if the poster pictures are old, but the head still looks very ugly. Frankenstein or bald Vader... though decisions...

The head design in the poster is the same as the one which was hotly debated here some months back. I wonder if Yamato took note of the feedback Graham compiled and improved the sculpt on the final version.

I don't like the fast packs much. I wish they'd release the 17D without them too. Has there even been a 17D with fast packs in Mac7?

Yes. Gamlin piloted a 17D with super pack in the last few episodes of the series.

Nobody has commented on the WHITE stripes yet.

They look white in most pics except the promo poster from Wonderfest in the opening post of this thread.

I think the stripes are a very light blue that doesn't show up well in photos.

Weren't we told the Super Parts were coming in August/Sept? If they're now bundled with the 17D does that mean the 17D is also due around that time as well?

The 17D and 17 Super Pack were announced as Fall releases at Wonderfest. Now they've ended up as a bundle, also with a Fall release planned.

No news if there's also going to be a Super Pack stand alone for the 17S. Perhaps a web shop exclusive?

Personally I think the stripes should be slightly darker, but I guess I could deal with it if they don't revise the color. I actually like the fact that the packs are included, but when buying multiples the overall cost is going to be higher. Maybe they will release them as separates later kind of like how they do with some of the VF-1 releases and the old runs of the YF-19/YF-21. I am also getting the feeling they might release a super nightmare bundle.

Edited by Loop

I don't think it's really sure if the super parts are to be only released as a bundle. And they're unlikely to be exclusives. This is Yamato, not Bandai. :p

That's what Yamato did with the initial release of the VF-1 Armor Pack. Bundled mass release, exclusive stand alone Armor Pack (with missile launch effect parts). The stand alone Armor Pack was mass released sans effect parts much later.

Edited by IXTL