MG rex is on the way

• 4 weeks later...

So did anyone else pick up the 3A Rex besides me? I'd post pictures but he's gi-normous and I don't have any space right now. I took him out of the box briefly to check QC and ogle the details but he's back in the box for storage for the time being. Very happy I got him and he's pretty much the largest Mech I own now. The paint and weathering are top notch as usual from 3A.

He's a happy dinosaur and I love him :wub:

Edited by xrentonx

• 2 years later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

preorders for 3A's half size metal gear Rex opens today 4/23

post-14069-0-98013300-1429800302_thumb.jpg

post-14069-0-30899000-1429800293_thumb.jpg

Description:

The iconic METAL GEAR REX returns by popular demand! This time in a Half-Size Edition much friendlier for smaller spaces. REX retains the Light-Up system and incredible level of detail as its larger counterpart! The half-size edition features improved articulation including the ability to turn its head. Hatches on the knees and back-unit open and close - no removal necessary!

price is $230 USD free worldwide shipping

for more info:

http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/eif4e66px710qkgznmqrmismb3t9bu

pre order link

http://www.bambalandstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=00000000000000rexv2

i might be getting one as the original sucka was huge.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ray is also coming out in half size. but metal gear Ray sorta looks like those no feet pin looking ZOE characters. very organic and sleek looking.

rex looks like a machine that can stomp on a fox.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I was excited about the half-scale & improved engineering, but then I saw the parts that are still missing.

In particular, the second radome fin & the center sensor(?) above the FE laser.

and that's where you have to aim the stinger to kill metal gear right? or at least get liquid to open the damn cockpit.

i'm wondering if this one will take like 9 months to roll out.

and that's where you have to aim the stinger to kill metal gear right? or at least get liquid to open the damn cockpit.

i'm wondering if this one will take like 9 months to roll out.

Yup, that part is hard to miss (in a matter of speaking).

On the bright side, there's 9 months to save up for it.

Here's a pic of the Kotobukiya Rex with arrows on the missing parts.

post-2535-0-18235600-1429896194_thumb.jpg

^tell us how to save 30. It might force people on the fence (like me)

well you need a time machine and a lot more than $30, since you had to sign up for 3A associates membership which you could only do back in January and cost like $200.

'3rd qtr shipping ( august is the window )' - but they are almost always late.

I pre-ordered yesterday, now I have to decide what to do with Big REX... :unsure:

Thanks! August doesn't sound so bad. As long as nothing else threatens to siphon more money out of my wallet, it shouldn't be a problem.

anywhere else this is available for pre-order?

IIRC, the older version is 1/48, so this is ~1/100?

If you wait a little, it should show up in retail too. 3A sells (payment up front in full) through their website first with discounts for members (sales last 24 hours but go on a few days for licensed toys like this one). Then they also have some made for retail so you might be able to get one on hlj or bbts. Keep in mind I don't know for sure on this particular release. Also 3A includes shipping in that price. Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

Have you no respect for the dead? -sniff-

At a reduced size, Rex has piqued my interest.

Lol

I think rex seems to be improved w more articulation so im going to take the plunge once its released. Wonder if it'll come with a special edition half size liquid pilot?

Kotobukiya's kit of Rex was 1/100 scale, so maybe one could use the figures and/or parts from the kit with this new Rex.

I'm nit picking here; I wish the rail gun would be straighter. The rail gun prongs shown on the promo shots and on the bigger Rex seem to spread outward by just a tad from each other instead of tapering or staying straight.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Took the plunge and preordered off BBTS. Their discount in conjunction with their super saver shipping makes it a slightly better deal.

nice find!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone ever heard of Speculative Fiction?

they're offering half size Rex 189 pay later pre order, no cancellation fees if you decide to cancel before it ships

179 pay now.

http://www.specfictionshop.com/products/metal-gear-solid-rex-half-size-edition-figure-by-3a?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla

update:

shipping is 31 bucks to nj

it's the same as going through bbts (which is better for customer support)

Edited by davidwhangchoi