1/2700 SDF Macross papercraft

Nyankodevice

Absolutely awesome!!!! Can you ship it to us for the MacrossWorld Con to display! LOL :)

Great job on that. I love the blue you chose...really nailed it.

this will be the "blue" color im going with, also with details.... still need to add

shadows and weathering.... its a variant of insignia blue, looks even better in daylight!! B))

Is it Non-Spec Sea Blue? (if so, we need to mail a bottle to Arcadia...)

Dare I ask if it can transform? Scratch that, don't care it is so awesome that I don't want to see it hurt. Would love to see it up close but we know what happens when people send prototypes to Shawn for MWCon, lol, jk.

Absolutely awesome!!!! Can you ship it to us for the MacrossWorld Con to display! LOL :)

Great job on that. I love the blue you chose...really nailed it.

thx Shawn... not sure i dare do that xD

tweaked it a couple of times before i was satisfied with color.

Is it Non-Spec Sea Blue? (if so, we need to mail a bottle to Arcadia...)

yea it is... have half a bottle still...

I always knew this was going to be incredible! Great job man!

thx man B)) high praise

:o:o:o

Wow... Just wow... That is such an amazing piece. Hard to believe it's all papercraft. GREAT job! :wub:

thx and u better belive it :lol:

jawdrop.gif

lol thx nice jaw dropper xD

Dare I ask if it can transform? Scratch that, don't care it is so awesome that I don't want to see it hurt. Would love to see it up close but we know what happens when people send prototypes to Shawn for MWCon, lol, jk.

yes it will need to make some changes to 3 parts which is not that difficult... just need some extra parts...

hehe :lol:

lol thx

thumb_5b3a.gif

u just gotta love them Minions xD

and thx

That is just badass. Period.

i agree and thx :D

Un. Be. Liev. Able

thx ;)

Hey Arcadia, are you seeing this? This is what the TV SDF-1 should look like, its that awesome!! B))

wow thx i just hope they would make one since it hardly gets any love in japan its birthing place...

HOLY F*&^KING $#!+! That is damn impressive.

i thank you ;)

That's WAWSOME!!! Great work with paper AND paint! Too bad we can't get resin copies! - MT

thankies :D i would be able to cast it if i had the knowledge for it :/

this is awesome.

what is the best place to look to actually learn to do papercraft?

Papercraft in it self isnt that hard... same skill level as gluing a plastic model together...

other skills needed: Precision and Patience...

however if u mean a forum like this one....

http://www.papermodelers.com/

would be the go to forum for that...

im not there my self that much...

but definitely the go to forum for learning papercraft...

and yet again i have something to show you!

well nothing major like last update :p

did some of the stripes Main thrusther and upper side of the "shoulders"

also some progress on the rail cannons still not finished though... ^_^

some weathering has been done around the "legs/thrusther" area... not sure if i overdid it abit? :huh:

and i realized that i never showed u guys the underside of the SDF-1 :o

here goes.....

post-14728-0-61347800-1409516674_thumb.jpg post-14728-0-57065500-1409516677_thumb.jpg post-14728-0-76363400-1409516679_thumb.jpg

post-14728-0-58942700-1409516681_thumb.jpg post-14728-0-58863800-1409516683_thumb.jpg post-14728-0-72708600-1409516685_thumb.jpg

post-14728-0-63597700-1409516687_thumb.jpg

Ok i was wondering, which type of varnish would be best for the main hull of the SDF-1 : Matt, Satin or gloss....?

Personally I dont like gloss for this purpose, but I'm not sure about the other two types...?

Any input would be useful..:)

I would test it on a small area or a discarded piece first to see how it looks, probably more of a satin finish though, given the size of the "actual" ship. Naval ships are mostly flat in color, but the water and constant repainting, cleaning can make them appear shiny.

I would test it on a small area or a discarded piece first to see how it looks, probably more of a satin finish though, given the size of the "actual" ship. Naval ships are mostly flat in color, but the water and constant repainting, cleaning can make them appear shiny.

i will do that.... also i was leaning towards satin on most of the ship.... matte on thruster clusters.... :lol: no pun intended

Keeps looking better all the time!

Are you adding detail to the Daedelus and Prometheus?

yes definitely, its a must i would say B))

I've seen kits that look rubbish compared to this, and to think its made out of old cardboard and paper.

:p the "arms" are rock solid... made of book binders cardboard they can easily with stand 50 kg pressure, maybe even 100 kg....

since they are gonna hold the Prometheus and Daedalus while also able to move bend and turn, they'd better be sturdy :DB))

Holy poop man, why the eff isn't Arcadia finally giving us an SDFM version of this? The look and proportions of this are absolutely perfect! That's the perfect shade of blue and red for it as well. Truely awesome, I hate you. lol

Edited by Mommar

:p the "arms" are rock solid... made of book binders cardboard they can easily with stand 50 kg pressure, maybe even 100 kg....

since they are gonna hold the Prometheus and Daedalus while also able to move bend and turn, they'd better be sturdy :DB))

The old cardboard statement was meant more in jest, this thing is stronger than the Chunky Monkey VF1

In the uk there is a children's programme, called Blue Peter where they make suff and, when they tell you what you'll need to make it they always say you will need some old cardboard ans some sticky backed pastic (selotape), it just reminds me of paper craft :)

Edited by big F