DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Congrats on the Armored parts! That's not too bad a price for the 3 items.

23061016301_bc313c75dd_h.jpg

Love your photos! I'm only a lurker before but I just have to make an account to voice my frustration with Bandai.

I rationalized it by thinking that I got the Supers for free. I can always sell the extra VF-25S with the Supers for maximum profit.

I scored an Ozma set from YAJ for 46.5kY containing Super+Armor Parts and VF-25S. I kinda wish that the Supers are for Alto instead. Oh well, Mandy is always around the corner.

Congrats! Yeah, as Saburo said, that price is not that bad compared to Y30000+ just for the Armored Parts.

Looking back, I really wish I'd ordered spare sets of the armor for both Alto and Ozma, so I could display fighter and battroid versions of both. :lol: Fortunately, the model kits have me covered there.

Bandai really needs to realize that re-releasing those packs would be like writing themselves a blank check. I can understand keeping demand high to a point, but this has gotten ridiculous.

Looking back, I really wish I'd ordered spare sets of the armor for both Alto and Ozma, so I could display fighter and battroid versions of both. :lol: Fortunately, the model kits have me covered there.

Bandai really needs to realize that re-releasing those packs would be like writing themselves a blank check. I can understand keeping demand high to a point, but this has gotten ridiculous.

True. And knowing that Bandai doesn't have a cut from those secondary market high pricing. ;)

Love your photos! I'm only a lurker before but I just have to make an account to voice my frustration with Bandai.

I rationalized it by thinking that I got the Supers for free. I can always sell the extra VF-25S with the Supers for maximum profit.

A word of caution with the Armored Parts, be careful when you are attaching and removing the Reaction Missile mount to/from the wing pods. The plastic mount can be bent and possibly break or at the least get a stress mark..

Selling off the new one would help cut the costs of the purchase or you keep the 2nd 25S so you have an unscratched SMS emblem and sell off the scratched one for a reasonable amount. I would keep it and display both Armored and Super Version. :D

23229356872_a54d800f18_h.jpg

Damn, you guys are full of ideas that would tear holes in my pockets! What's worse is that I am entertaining those said ideas! :D

We are just showing the possibilities... ;)

LOL, we tend to do that here.. We are like the voices in your head that make you do things. desismileys_6882.gif

LOL, yes. Think of us as the Anti-Regret Task Force. We insure that you do not miss out on a Macross purchase you will regret not buying later. :lol:

We are just showing the possibilities... ;)

LOL, yes. Think of us as the Anti-Regret Task Force. We insure that you do not miss out on a Macross purchase you will regret not buying later. :lol:

That's a mission statement right there for the Anti-Regret Task Force Buykure! :D

A word of caution with the Armored Parts, be careful when you are attaching and removing the Reaction Missile mount to/from the wing pods. The plastic mount can be bent and possibly break or at the least get a stress mark..

Selling off the new one would help cut the costs of the purchase or you keep the 2nd 25S so you have an unscratched SMS emblem and sell off the scratched one for a reasonable amount. I would keep it and display both Armored and Super Version. :D

my word that is such an impressive shot! Makes me wish I had three Ozma's just to pose them this very way! B))

Saburo you are a master! :D

post-15116-0-36814900-1462274306_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Buykure! :lol:

That rhymes well :lol: must be a budding songwriter. And thats a positive message instead of the warning label haha..

I would definitely jump on the preorders for Delta the moment it comes up. In the meantime, I will take my time completing the Frontier collectibles even if it costs me an arm and a leg :D

Speaking of which, what is the consensus on buying opened/B-grade items on Mandarake and Jungle? I know that the Japanese collectors are painfully meticulous with their items, but I'm not sure how much of that extends to valks in general.

That's a mission statement right there for the Anti-Regret Task Force Buykure! :D

We need a logo now. :D

Welcome to Buykure! :lol:

I guess the initiation is to buy something against your better judgement and survive Macross Pre-order madness? :lol: We've all done it...

\x/

U

Y

K

U

R

E

!

\x/ :D

my word that is such an impressive shot! Makes me wish I had three Ozma's just to pose them this very way! B))

Saburo you are a master! :D

Thanks Spanner for your compliments, but I am still a Padawan photographer so may more things to learn.

The Buy Syndrome took over and I ended up getting more than one Ozma...

attachicon.gifcuriosity-attention.jpg

That rhymes well :lol: must be a budding songwriter. And thats a positive message instead of the warning label haha..

:lol: :lol:

I would definitely jump on the preorders for Delta the moment it comes up. In the meantime, I will take my time completing the Frontier collectibles even if it costs me an arm and a leg :D

Speaking of which, what is the consensus on buying opened/B-grade items on Mandarake and Jungle? I know that the Japanese collectors are painfully meticulous with their items, but I'm not sure how much of that extends to valks in general.

Welcome to Macross collecting! Its good to take your time getting Valks, Frontier Valks is still can be found at Manda, Jungle, YAJ and various other site. Be sure to check the MW Buy and Sell thread many reputable members selling. :D

Your initiation to Macross collecting is complete after surviving Macross Pre-orders Night, that is where the real fun (frustration) is at. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Damn you guys are full of ideas that would tore holes in my pockets! What's worse is that I am entertaining those said ideas! :D

We're just expanding. Somebody did it to us, might as well do it to others too. Golden Rule, sir. ;)

We ARE positive, dear sir! ;)

But then again, in2seconds.. you have been WARNED!

giphy.gif

*snip

Thanks Spanner for you compliments, but I am still a Padawan so may more things to learn.

The Buy Syndrome took over and I ended up getting more than one Ozma...

*snip

We ARE positive, dear sir! ;)

But then again, in2seconds.. you have been WARNED!

We need a new gif for the Buy Syndrome. :lol:

Edited by abbadon

We're just expanding. Somebody did it to us, might as well do it to others too. Golden Rule, sir. ;)

The more the merrier. :) Apparently I am one of the usual suspects when it comes to infecting people with Buy-Syndrome. They even gave me an honorary title. I don't even need to type anything, all I do is post pictures... :blink:

Why is that .gif so fitting :D

:lol:

Someone needs to make one. :)

Not everyone here has at least three Ozmas? Amateurs! :p

@Noel: Love the new avatar. We all know Kaname is the real hotness of the group!

It was the Buy-Syndrome... I didn't know what I was doing, I just clicked buy. :p

hehe! that's it! if I find one somewhere (at a reasonable price of course.. :rolleyes:) im buying it!!! :D

Yes. :)

Not everyone here has at least three Ozmas? Amateurs! :p

@Noel: Love the new avatar. We all know Kaname is the real hotness of the group!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure she is. Though I kinda like Mikumo & Makina more. :wub: But the artwork I've found Kaname kinda looks prettier. ^_^

The more the merrier. :) Apparently I am one of the usual suspects when it comes to infecting people with Buy-Syndrome. They even gave me an honorary title. I don't even need to type anything, all I do is post pictures... :blink:

Agree. ;) But what do you think gonna happen to MWF if ever you decided to stop posting pictures? :blink: :ph34r:

Will try to come up with something new. You guys probably super tired now looking at the SDF-1 that I created. :lol:

Finally I got my first Valk and it is a YF-25, is really an amazing toy. Now I am looking to buy a VF-25A after I pay for my YF-29 that is in preorder. Do you think that we will see some re-issue before the Delta Valks come to the market?

nk1h0mM.jpg

Finally I got my first Valk and it is a YF-25, is really an amazing toy. Now I am looking to buy a VF-25A after I pay for my YF-29 that is in preorder. Do you think that we will see some re-issue before the Delta Valks come to the market?

Congrats on your fine purchase! and you chose a very nice example to start with! And the VF-25A will certainly make another fine addition! You can get Luca's RVF-25 for cheap these days as many seem to have become shelf warmers.. just a thought as I know the color isn't to everyone's tastes.. The other problem will be if you start getting a few more then you'll want to complete the collection and buy the lot!

The pre-orders for the Delta Valks aren't really that far off now (as far as I am aware anyways) so I doubt we'll see many other re-issues pop up between now and then but who knows eh..

There are still some VF-25 variants available from several places so you still have purchase options and besides there really isn't any difference between the original renewal toys and the re-issues in terms of improvements or upgrades.

Though some places still want silly money for certain variants so a re-issue will be priced a lot more reasonably.

Either way I hope you enjoy your Valkyrie purchasing adventure!

Edited by spanner

I've been hoping to get a second 25G for a long time, just so I can actually hope that I get a crotch plate this time. My first order was just flat out missing it, and Bandai showed it's usual care and consideration for US customers in replacing it.

Ever since then, it's been using the super pack groin as a placeholder. I've actually seriously considered replacing it with the YF-25's though, since it's also blue and white, and actually I think matches the 25G's scheme better.

I've been hoping to get a second 25G for a long time, just so I can actually hope that I get a crotch plate this time. My first order was just flat out missing it, and Bandai showed it's usual care and consideration for US customers in replacing it.

Ever since then, it's been using the super pack groin as a placeholder. I've actually seriously considered replacing it with the YF-25's though, since it's also blue and white, and actually I think matches the 25G's scheme better.

I just googled your idea and I have to admit I think it would actually work very well! A little less blue would look quite good! I have always though the VF-25G was a little color saturated..

The other problem will be if you start getting a few more then you'll want to complete the collection and buy the lot!

Thats true, that happened to me, my wallet can prove it!

hehe! my wallet vaporized years ago!

my original plan when I restated my collection was to stick to SDFM TV & DYRL Valks and not touch anything else but that plan fell apart pretty quickly! :rolleyes::lol:

Jajajaja, supongo que puede pasar XD, at least I will hope to stay in a budget range for any of my purchases... still in that budget I already got the YF-29 (Alto custom) pre-order for may, and the VF-25A, RVF-25, VF-171EX, YF-29B and from time to time some others XD.... my poor wallet D:

hehe! my wallet vaporized years ago!

my original plan when I restated my collection was to stick to SDFM TV & DYRL Valks and not touch anything else but that plan fell apart pretty quickly! :rolleyes::lol:

I will take the warning seriously XD, because with Delta and all the preorder frenzy from those Valks and more Frontier Valks my wallet is going to suffer XD

...at least I will hope to stay in a budget range for any of my purchases...

No such thing, I said this before I ordered -25S and -25F, and before I know it I was looking for Armor and Super Parts to dress them up!

Edited by in2seconds