I posted it in other Game thread but have not gotten a reply yet.

Someone posted an in game picture of a YF-25 with Tornado Parts in the Macross 30 (or another PSP) game. The picture is not very clear, but I think the color scheme looks awesome. Can someone with the game post some more pictures (or any other pictures) of the YF-25 with Tornado Parts? I found a video in YouTube but the guy had the YF-25 in red instead of the Orange/White/Blue scheme. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Macross 30 is getting a rerelease under PS3's "The Best" label.

I'm guessing it DID break the 100,000 copies sold threshold. :)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0012124&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the real sucky bit about this gens consoles no back compatibility like the previous gens had.

Stupid it docent have that, and a real shame that he passed up on the PS3

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

i skipped the ps3 and just got the ps4 recently. does anyone have any news if this will be remastered for the ps4?

Unfortunately theres zero chance of that happening.

For starters, the remaster trend thats currently big in western markets on PS4/Xbone, isnt all that common here in Japan.

Also, current gen consoles arent selling that well here so the install base isnt great.

Finally, its a niche title to begin with, so theres no way it would make the remastering and distribution costs back.

My advice - pick up a cheap PS3 later on down the track. Theres plenty of other anime/mecha games on it that wont get a remaster too, so its a good investment imo.

• 3 years later...

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but is there any news about any PS4 generation Macross games?  Wasn't sure what thread to best add this question on.  I've been wanting to play Macross 30, and for the first time since I was a kid have a current gen gaming console, but there hasn't been any Macross games published for the PS4, much less any other platform.  Sadly, M30 also isn't one of the titles currently supported as a Playstation Now title for the PS4.

25 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but is there any news about any PS4 generation Macross games?  Wasn't sure what thread to best add this question on.  I've been wanting to play Macross 30, and for the first time since I was a kid have a current gen gaming console, but there hasn't been any Macross games published for the PS4, much less any other platform.  Sadly, M30 also isn't one of the titles currently supported as a Playstation Now title for the PS4.

I'm also waiting for some Macross action for PS4 as well. But I don't think there is one available currently nor 'in-production'. It's kind of weird that they didn't upgrade the PS Vita Macross Scramble game for PS4 though.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm also waiting for some Macross action for PS4 as well. But I don't think there is one available currently nor 'in-production'. It's kind of weird that they didn't upgrade the PS Vita Macross Scramble game for PS4 though.

I really wish Sony would just add an emulation layer for running PS Vita games on the PS4.  I'm guessing they just don't see the money in it, which is a shame.

6 hours ago, Mazinger said:

I really wish Sony would just add an emulation layer for running PS Vita games on the PS4.  I'm guessing they just don't see the money in it, which is a shame.

It's not actually the money. They can't just market it outside Japan. Shame on HG is what I'm going to say.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:49 AM, Mazinger said:

You could always buy a used PS3 for under $100 and a copy of Macross 30, it's worth it! If you don't have the spare cash lying around the next best choice would be to emulate the Frontier PSP games for free, they are just as fun.

I haven't heard a lot of game news out of Artdink for a while now, I hope they are doing ok.....

• Graham changed the title to Macross 30
  • Graham featured and unfeatured this topic
On 10/24/2018 at 12:12 AM, dizman said:

haven't heard a lot of game news out of Artdink for a while now, I hope they are doing ok.....

wikipedia has their last release being a port of Neo Altas 1469 (originally for the vita in 2016) to the Switch in 2018. So seems they are still breathing?

• 4 months later...

This maybe a silly question, but to play Macross 30, do you need to have a modded PS3? Or would someone with a US PS3 be able to play the game, like on my PS Vita, I am able to play the Macross Delta game.  Thank You.

Twich

4 hours ago, twich said:

This maybe a silly question, but to play Macross 30, do you need to have a modded PS3? Or would someone with a US PS3 be able to play the game, like on my PS Vita, I am able to play the Macross Delta game.  Thank You.

Twich

U.S. ps3 is region free for games so you don't need to mod anything

1 hour ago, t040484 said:

This maybe not the place to ask the question. But does anyone heard if there's any new macross game? It's been 3 years since delta scramble. 

Outside of Uta and a crossover with another mobile game, no. 

• 2 months later...

Question? I've recently found out about this game. I was a HUGE fan of VFX-2 for the playstation one. I do own a PS3.  So actually a couple of questions

1) Would you recommend this game? How bad is it if you don't undertand the japanese?

2) Anyone know where I could get a cheap copy?

1 hour ago, aarelovich said:

Question? I've recently found out about this game. I was a HUGE fan of VFX-2 for the playstation one. I do own a PS3.  So actually a couple of questions

1) Would you recommend this game?

YES.

How bad is it if you don't undertand the japanese?

My friend @Jack Verse was able to play the game all the way through and quite enjoyed it despite not speaking a word of Japanese, thanks to a very fine translation guide published on these forums as a Google Doc.

2) Anyone know where I could get a cheap copy?

Mandarake, eBay, Amazon, CDJapan (backordered 5-10 days if you want the Best Edition new), etc.

8 minutes ago, aarelovich said:

thanks for the info. I assume the faq is the same one as the one in gamefaqs, riright?

No, it's right here on MacrossWorld: