Yamato 1/60 v.2 Cannon Fodder

ff95gj

I think there was this 1/60 v2 thread, but I don't seem to see it. So I started this one...

:blink: wow, I never thought I'd see this thing in production... I'm kind of tempted.

how does this get anounced before the M&M VF-1J's though?

Alaska Base greeny next? It's the plane poor Kakizake should have had. I'm glad I gave up a long time ago on collecting any VF-1 other than heroes, 2 seaters, or non-canon.

i'm all for the alaskan greenie too! (wanted it since i was 26 years old)

The Cannon Fodder VF-1J was a trainer jet for Hikaru before he got his Vermillion One with the white and red color scheme, in episode 6 or something like that. I thought it was an animation error because all the other brownies in the show were VF-1As.

I am surprised Yamato is going for this version. :lol:

Alaska Base colors would be great.

I never understood the idea of a 1J CF - isn't the 1J like an officer's valkyrie or something - ergo suggesting CFism is not really an option? I dunno...

I don't like the 1J head with CF colors. Prefer traditional CF 1A.

But - I am happy because as others have mentioned, this means Yamato might be doing "out there" obscure colors - which means everyone will get their pet dream done - hopefully.

Pete

a bit off topic but still about the 1j,

is why did yamato make the 1/48 max and miria fast packs customized (blue and red)?

i mean on the show, all i remember was that they were not customized, but the same generic grey:

mnm2.jpg

mnm.jpg

if they really dont have to be customized,

that means max and miria can be sold as standalones w/o fast packs,

which would be easier on our pockets :D

a bit off topic but still about the 1j,

is why did yamato make the 1/48 max and miria fast packs customized (blue and red)?

i mean on the show, all i remember was that they were not customized, but the same generic grey:

mnm2.jpg

mnm.jpg

if they really dont have to be customized,

that means max and miria can be sold as standalones w/o fast packs,

which would be easier on our pockets :D

I think in the show they went back and forth between generic grey and color matched do to inconsistent animation. I'm not sure what it was officialy supposed to be, but the color matched looks cooler and it makes more business sense as people now have to by another Fast pack set for there M&M 1J's

Edited by anime52k8

The Cannon Fodder VF-1J was a trainer jet for Hikaru before he got his Vermillion One with the white and red color scheme, in episode 6 or something like that. I thought it was an animation error because all the other brownies in the show were VF-1As.

I am surprised Yamato is going for this version. :lol:

I coulda sworn the VF-1J CF seen in the show was just a random one, not Hikaru-associated. I'm about 7,000 miles away from my DVDs right now.

Anyone want to confirm or deny? :)

yeah, the 1J is like the squad leader of the brownies and Hikaru was in the 1D when it was shown. ep. 2

...but in ep. 6 it was shown during hikky's training... like 2 seconds. and it has the stripe outline on the chest just like the red stripe on the reg. 1J, while the 1A CF doesn't.

Edited by m0n5t3r

yeah, the 1J is like the squad leader of the brownies and Hikaru was in the 1D when it was shown. ep. 2

...but in ep. 6 it was shown during hikky's training... like 2 seconds. and it has the stripe outline just like the red stripe on the reg. 1J.

Cool. So the answer to whether the CF 1J is Hikaru-independent or Hikaru-related is Yes and Yes.

In Ep 2, when the Reguld made the first land attack on the SDF-1 & the Valkyries responded, there was a scene of a VF-1J CF (with a 1A CF behind), firing away.

Indeed is a big surprise as I expect the first CF release to be 1A. Look good & I look forward to it. Probably a June release?

Well if they are making this, then surely a TV VF-1S with Hikaru pilot should not be impossible.

And looking at those pics has reminded me we still need those damn SIDE COVERS!!!!!

I hope not!

I would buy it for sure, but I would feel stupid.

In Ep 2, when the Reguld made the first land attack on the SDF-1 & the Valkyries responded, there was a scene of a VF-1J CF (with a 1A CF behind), firing away.

Indeed is a big surprise as I expect the first CF release to be 1A. Look good & I look forward to it. Probably a June release?

The CF 1J appears also in episode 34

Edited by Nexx Stalker

I think Yamato will continue with making all the obscure valks (basically repaints) on the VF-1 platform first. Then we might see the VF-1A/D Virgin Road and the two seater VF-1D CF *(with the odd head).

*this valkyrie very breifly appears during the wedding scene is also found in the Macross Memory book.