Macross DYRL?: Space War One

The_Major

Okay while it dose have to do with a game i think that my verry own little thread for the HW2 mod kinda belongs here as it is Fan Work.

Ill use this thread to post progress updates and pictures and whatnot, all sugestions and critical comments are welcome but dont be an ass about it :p

anyway heres the first set of 2 pix a the half textured Oberth Destroyer.

post-5-1098529929_thumb.jpg

actualy the Calliara and Oberth are going to both set to make an appearance. and both have different combat roles wile the Oberth is mainly a long range Anti-Ship Missile Destroyer, and while it still carries the same missiles as the oberth the Calliara Is more of a front line heavy hitter, along with its ability to carry fighters into battle and it is fold capeable, if im not mistaken where as the Oberth does not.

And as for the transforming macross, The model its self isnt done, but having figured out the trick to animations in the game, a Fully Transformable SDF-1 Will be in the game, and will transform on command :o instead of just when attacking. as will the Valkyries.

And if you all want, for those of you who dont know it i can post a shiplist for the game. so you all can make comments and such.

(and for those of you wondering)

The VF-X-4 that is to be featured in the game will be the DYRL? Version as seen on Hikaru's Desk in the movie.

*Edit*

Here is the current Compleat shiplist

U.N. SPACY

Variable Fighters

VT-1 Custom (Tactical Scout)

VF-1A Valkyrie

VF-1A Super Valkyrie

VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

GPB-1S Armored Valkyrie

SDP-1S Stampede Valkyrie

VF-X-3 Star Crusader

VF-X-4 Lightning

SF-3A Lancer II

AI Craft

QF-3000E Ghost

QF-9iE Ghost II

Gun Destroyer

Daedalus II Space Aircraft Carrier

Capital Ship (Capital Ship)

SDF-1 Macross

Oberth-class Space Destroyer

Calleria-class Super Dimension Destroyer

ARMD-class Space Aircraft Carrier

L-5 Factory Facility

U.N.S. Ship Borne Replenisment Craft

Spiderbug

VE-1 ELINTseeker

ES-11D Cat’s Eye

RC-4E Rabbit

Missiles

AMM-1

RMS-1

UUM-7

ST-Hydrogen-TNR

Trident

LRM-1

Zjentohlauedy

Regult Tactical Scout Pod

Regult

Regult LMC

Gnerl

Reguld HMC

N. Ger Powered Suit

Glaug

Heavy Fighter Craft

Gorg Gants Charts

Medium-Scale Gun Destroyer

Picket Ship

Quitra Queleual

Thuverl Salan

Nupetiet-Vernitzs Command Battleship

Queadol-Magdomilla

Worker Drone

Automated resupply craft

Recon

Quel-Quallie

Meltohlauendy

Deljuul Tactical Pod

Queadlunn-Nna Powered Suit

Queadlunn-Rau Powered Suit

Heavy Attack Craft

Large-Scale Frigate

Picket Ship

Standard Battleship

High Speed Cruiser

Landing Ship-Tank (Combatant Transport Ship)

Large Battleship

Supervision Army (still in planing stages)

Large-Scale Battleship

Edited by The_Major

well The mod is to be a Total Conversion of Homeworld 2 to the Macross Universe, More specificly the Space War One era starting from the initial liftoff of the SDF-1 untill the End of the Dolza Fleet.

the Full finished mod will contain the following

4 Races

U.N.Spacy

Zentran

Meltran

and Possibly Supervision Army

Several new Campaigns

U.N.Spacy, The Space War One Campaign

Zentran Campain

Meltran Campain

these will be set before Space War One a precursor to the Fall of the Meltrandi ASS-1

and the ability to play all races in Multiplayer/Skrimish

Plus we'll probably leave the original 2 races in the game for Multiplayer so you can own on the pathetic races with which ever race you want.

Umm lets see what else is there well other than the Transforming Valks and Macross, and the Awsome Effects both visual and audio, there will also be new voices for all of the units as well as Cutseens straight from the movie.

When this project is doen you wont even know its HW2.

and heres some more eye candy, the compleated Oberth Class Destroyer.

post-5-1098613344_thumb.jpg

Hey Major,

I appreciate your posting of updates here - glad to hear that development is coming along well. I can't wait for the new mod, but I guess I'll just have to content myself with the first mod for a little while longer.

Keep the info coming!

Cool sounding MOD! :)

Good finish to the Oberth but the textures make it look pretty dark. You may want to lighten them up somewhat. Have you tested it in-game yet?

Textures have been revised (were revised a day or two ago).

It will be approximately a week to two weeks before the Oberth is in game (it has to be prepped for animation and export, then exported, then set up... animations will then follow after, but preparation must be made initially)

Don't know much about HW2, I hpoe you can design your own "mothership" unlike in the 1st HW; you can't scratch out the default "mother ship"

It was entirely possible to replace the standard mothership in HW1, and it is even more flexible in HW2 (we're adding whole new ships and races instead of replacing ones).

Pardon me for being picky, but I don't like the Deljuul as a 'cannon fodder unit' for the Meltran army. I had always thought the Queadlunn-Nna was the Regult's equivelant, not some little look-alike battlepod.

As far as sticking to Macross cannon (no pun intended) will the main gun fire only in storm attacker mode or can it be used in cruiser mode? And while we're on that topic, will the main gun be used as a special attack or as part of the 'ship's attack'.

Also on transformations; will fighters still transform to gerwalk mode to attack or will they be able to function differently when in Soldier (Battleoid) mode? I suppose an idea is to have the fighters behave like hw1 defenders if in this mode, slow but can turn on a dime and hit anything.

Other than that there is only one dissapointment I have: being unable to see these ships in action. I can only wonder what a fully completed Zjent army will look like. Oh, and I don't suppose you have any pictures of the Motherships yet, do you?

And will the SDF-1 be the mothership for the campaign still?

Thanks in advance.

Hey all, those are all good questions, and dont worry about being picky if i didnt want you all to be picky about it, i wouldnt have brought this thread to the group of people that are notorious for their pickiness, i mean have you heard some of the complaints about the yamatos? or airbubbles in resin kits? j/k :lol::p

Anyway as for the Dejuul, i felt that while the Rau and the Na are both great combat units, that compaired to both the Spacy and the Zjent Navies the Meltran Navy was quite lacking in the "fighter" class department and so for balance i felt there was reason enough to add the dejuul when you have all the different VFs Regults and so on, the meltrandi needed a quick production unit.

now on to the Macross and its cannon,

The SDF-1 will fully Transform between Crusier and Storm attacker modes you will be able to control transformation, meaning you can transform it at will, it will not transform on its own. and with the exception of part of the campaign you will have to transform the SDF-1 before you will be able to fire the main cannon and the cannon will be a special attack.

the Valkyries, they will not transform to attack, the will transform on command between the three modes, and if all goes correct the three modes will have different speed and manuverability stats and so on.

Now as for the Zentradi ships, they are lacking in compleated ships at the moment. what we have for the Zjents so far is the models for the Regult and breathren are compleated and awaiting texture, the Gnerl is done, and the Thuverl Salan is being worked on as we speak. as for the compleated Zjent, and Melt fleets think Final Battle Minus the Uber Flying Fortress' o' Death (as they are WAY to big and to poly consuming to make an apearance in model form, the will be part of the Background)

as for motherships, sence the Laplamiz and Bodolza fortress' are hardly if even seen outside of the final battle the mothership for the Zjents will be the Nupetiet-Vernitzs Command Battleship (Re-inforcements IE other capital ships will not be "Built" but instead will have a build time but once compleated will arrive Via Hyperspace Fold, same for meltrandi ships), and the Meltran Mothership will be the Large Battleship, or the equivilant of the Nupetiet-Vernitzs. and the mothership for the Spacy will ofcource be the SDF-1, capital ships for the UNS will arive the same way as the Zjent and Melt

Thank you for answering my questions, major, but I have more.

I would like to press the arguement against the Dejuul. I assume it's a studio Kappa work (while their website was still alive) and though I applaud the creativity that went into it I feel it's just 'another battlepod' and not something truely unique. To make the destinction between the Meltran and the Zentran better I had always assumed that the Meltran had more of focus on using power armors as their 'main unit'.

I had always assumed that the Queadlunn-Nna filled in the Regult role pretty well (all roles, including grunt, artillery, and scout) and the Queadlunn-Rau filled in the role of the Glaug of the Zent army. Nnas are smaller than Raus, just as Regults are smaller than Glaugs. Both are one man craft and both are mass-production vehicles, and I assume that the Rau is more expensive than the Nna.

Maybe a way around this is putting the Dejuul in the 'scout' position and putting the Nna in the 'interceptor' role. It might have something to do with my affinity for the Nna (it IS a great design), but I don't quite like seeing the Dejuul as the Meltran 'mainstay unit.' Leave that for the armors.

----

Now to other questions

I've been to the website and I have to ask are the Regult graphics there the same as they are in-game? To me they kind of look flat on the front face- too flat. Like they smashed something. But that's just complaining on the model and you don't have to go re-make it just for my account...

Here's a question: Will the Factory sattelite make an appearance? Once long ago in the beginnings of Hw2 they had sought to introduce gigantic megaliths. One such megalith was in fact used in a demo but was removed for some unknown reason (including the monolithic red mothership that returned to the game as a derelict). Will the Facotry sattelite (and Alien Space Ship two, I suppose) make an apperance as objects?

Another question on Zjent ships: will the Queadol-Magdomilla be able to seperate? (and by chance have you thought about making alternate bow/orbit sections?). I also take it you people are working on the kamikazie aspects of capital vessels... *grins*

One question I've been meaning to ask is the colors. How 'editable' will they be? In the Hw1 version they were scantly editable at all (Green is green, and that's all the Zentran will be). I would like to see some kind of color editing on the capital ships other than their engine lights. For instance the body color on the Macross could be changed, and perhaps for the Zentran a stripe going down the middle. Or if you want to preserve the 'green feeling' of the Zentreadi why not have the ship-side Zentreadi logo change color? (that could conflict on badging however...).

I can think of other things later, but I'll end on that for now. Thank you once again and I look forward to playing this mod (And buying Hw2 for it).

Here's a question: Will the Factory sattelite make an appearance? Once long ago in the beginnings of Hw2 they had sought to introduce gigantic megaliths. One such megalith was in fact used in a demo but was removed for some unknown reason (including the monolithic red mothership that returned to the game as a derelict). Will the Facotry sattelite (and Alien Space Ship two, I suppose) make an apperance as objects?

Why should it? Zjent forces fold in reinforcements - they don't build new ships near the front lines. Since this focuses more on heavy combat, things like this won't make too much of an appearance, if at all. (the only possible appearance would be in a campaign mission)

Another thing to keep in mind is the sheer size of Macross ships. Many of the Macross ships are much, much larger than the HW2 counterparts. What seems big in HW2 suddenly isn't quite so big when you start comparing it to things like Zjent capital ships.

I wasn't referring to the Sattelite as an actual factory-like unit. I was talking about a mission objective. It doesn't have to DO anything (Well maybe have defensive guns) it's just there for a mission objective. Although I suppose it's another 'background object' since it's mothership sized, but it would make for interesting play if it was used in a mission and/or multiplayer map.

And in reguards to scale; I had assumed HW1 fighters were much larger than their VF counterparts. After all the VF-1 is smaller than an F-14 tomcat. The fighters in HW1 look to be the size of small passenger jet liners (I mean look at the cockpit: the little white box at the front of the craft).

Edited by Boxer

And in reguards to scale; I had assumed HW1 fighters were much larger than their VF counterparts. After all the VF-1 is smaller than an F-14 tomcat. The fighters in HW1 look to be the size of small passenger jet liners (I mean look at the cockpit: the little white box at the front of the craft).

I was referring to capital ships. Macross capital ships are much larger than most HW2 counterparts.

In general, when I say "ships" I mean capital ships, while "fighters" means strike craft.

Maybe a way around this is putting the Dejuul in the 'scout' position and putting the Nna in the 'interceptor' role. It might have something to do with my affinity for the Nna (it IS a great design), but I don't quite like seeing the Dejuul as the Meltran 'mainstay unit.' Leave that for the armors.

The thing about Homeworld 2 is that when creating the races, we dont have to replace anything, HW2 allows you to build the race from the ground up adding as many or as few as you want wich allows every ship created to fill the role it was designd for, so throw the "Replacement" thing out the window, we're basicly creating a new game using HW2 engine, kinda thing.

Now on to your other questions

The regults on the site are old out of date models the new ones are much less flat.

Colors will be not as editable, if at all, however, Badges will still be incorperated and a badge pack will be relased with the mod, containing Fastpack decor, with the exception of the Skull Squadron Hero units.

as for the Seperating Qeadol, and capitalship kamakazi, well the only ship set to have any raming ability is the Deadelus II, and i do not think that seperating and re-joining ships are possible.

*Edit*

Ladies and well Ladies :lol: J/k ofcource

I present to you the SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

post-5-1098775794_thumb.jpg

Edited by The_Major

also before i go to bed (its 3:15 am here :p ) i would like to post this pic of the UNS Gundestroyer.

The ship has no class name yet that i am aware of so it will for the time being cary the name of its designer,

This is the U.N.Spacy Mowbray-Class Gundestroyer

post-5-1098785082_thumb.jpg

I remember the little gunship. I hope it's HW2 relative will be more impressive than the Hw1 version.

As for the Stampede, well, it has no gerwalk, but that doesn't matter. Just seeing this thing in operation will be enough :D

I don't suppose we can see the 'new' regults by any chance, or are you waiting for a release? I also wonder how the Glaug is comming.

And when you say the models are old and outdated, did you scrap ALL the models from the previous game? I think I read that on the website... Look forward to the new ones.

And not to press, but when do you think the ship replacement aspect of the mod will be done? I don't mind playing without the campaign, but I would like to use the ships.

Thanks once again.

well the Gundestroyer was suposed to be gunship in the first mod, but due to time and restrictions on ploy counts and other things in HW1 the Gunship's design was changed was not represented the way it was suposed to be.

As for the Stampede, its an Uber Flying Kill-bot of doom, nuf said :p

|

here is a pic of the new Regult One Man Tactical Battle Pod, Look down\/

and as for Old models, When i first started this mod, my Modeling skills were rough, to say the least and my texturing skill were non existant, so i ended up using an edited regult from VO, and other higher poly models from the first mod, but and after much practice i have (as you can see) gotten much better and scraped everything else and started anew so all the ships on our site the Battlepod images are out of date and the gundrones i belive will probably be removed from the list other than the spiderbug and Calliara which have sence been textured and the battlepods, everything else is up to date i belive.

And after a bit of a discusion with the ships designer, we have decided to officialy Chrisen the Gundestroyer, the UNS Endeavour-Class Gundestroyer.

post-5-1098824622_thumb.jpg

And finally completed... Note, I've added in an extra detail. The lower hull can lower to reveal a buster cannon, much like that of the Nupetiet Vergernitzs, as it is something that would be necessary for the Meltohlauendy flagship. There's nothing to suggest it exists, but there's nothing to say it cannot - there are lines on the hull that could accomidate a recessed buster beam. Anyway:

post-5-1098889677_thumb.jpg