Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

Just got this in their newsletter:

>>Important Announcement

We will now start providing replacement parts for the Yamato Macross Toy

Series. As this is part of the Yamato Customer Service available in Japan no

fees will be asked for any part.

The only fees needed will be a $3 handling charge per part and shipping fees.

Please note this service is for customers in need of replacement parts and is

not meant for people who want spare parts.

We are sorry but we will not accept nor reply to any requests for multiple parts.

For more information please check out our website.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/macross_parts/

>>

Hi,

Can we standardize a way to describe the 1/60 VF0S shoulder plastic breakage problem? Or at least, I want to know how you guys put that problem to words so the Over-drive and Yamato guys can understand. Would appreciate if anyone can share this. Thanks!

Edit:- Sorry, what I meant is the EXACT PART NAME for the the 1/60 VF0S shoulder plastic. Is there any? I don't have the manual readily in hand. The whole toy + manual and box is at my parent's place.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by mr.chogokin

Damn, this is impressive and very generous on their part. Thanks Over-Drive!

Actually Graham is the master mind of Over-Drive doing the parts replacement. It was his idea, he ran it by me I then ran it by Over-Drive and wallah. So thank the both of them.

Hope Yamato does right by international buyers. If they handle this right, it could spur sales for items that collectors in the know are hesitating to pick up due to quality issues, like the VF-0's or even the new 1/60's. The availability of replacement parts will make buyers more willing to roll the dice.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we need to send in the broken part as proof (shipping costs money!)? Or just a photo is fine?

In fact, I had my VF-1S head broken yesterday. The broken part is actually where the ear piece plugged into the side of the head; the shaft wrecked in the middle (I think I did a poor job in describing). I glued it and it seems to be fine now, but I am unsure when it would fall off again. I took the risk and transformed into fighter mode (we all know what it is like to turn that head around and downward through the hole, and now I have a broken gun barrel piece to worry about) and put it back into the box for the moment.

I have no idea why it was broken in the first place. I wasn't even touching it when it fell off!

"We are sorry but we will not accept nor reply to any requests for multiple parts"

urrrr....darn...curse you Yamato for giving me such a fragile POS... hmm... i¿ll send another request for just the broken right hinge then, before that, I couldn't find in the manual the 'part number' for the hinge, how should I address this in the request form?

Edited by Valkyrie addict

well...I don't think we have much to say on this...Over-drive is basically doing us a favor by providing us for a service outside of Japan that Yamato doesn't give a f*ck about, I'm sure they have a pretty good reason for this against the Yamato ninjas, so I say a big Thank you to them and I hope I can get my replacement shoulder hinge

Anyone know if they're offering shoulder joints for the VF-1S.

It's really quite sad that Yamato has to offer a service like this.

I'm pretty sure they're getting thousands of requests a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you just get put in a queue and they let you know when Yamato responds (which doesn't seem particularly frequent). Have you tried an email to their info address? That'd probably be helpful. From what I understand things have been pretty busy in their neck of the woods with attending shows and such.

From their emails, I get the impression that Yamato sends a big package of parts once a month or so. Speculation: they don't do "invididual" orders per se----they see what they need from their emails, ask Yamato, Yamato sends out a big box of parts, then OD goes through the box and sends out what was asked for.

I think you just get put in a queue and they let you know when Yamato responds (which doesn't seem particularly frequent). Have you tried an email to their info address? That'd probably be helpful. From what I understand things have been pretty busy in their neck of the woods with attending shows and such.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am not complaining cuz they are doing everybody a favor and I should be grateful.

Just wondering if my requests were lost or rejected or anything...

Yamato Macross Toy Series Replacemnet Parts

Please note this service is for customers in need of replacement parts and is not meant for people who want spare parts.

We are sorry but we wil not accept nor reply to any requests for multiple parts.

For more information please check out our website.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/macross_parts/

The second batch of replacment parts have arrived from Yamato and we are in the process of sorting them out and contacting the people who requested the parts. Please note we will ask for the payment via paypal and also require that you make a account on our website so that we can confirm your shipping address.

Important info.

• 3 weeks later...