Mass Effect

Yup. Neck down, it's fine. But the face--is NOT Liara. Not even an anime version of Liara.

PS---interesting/relevant fact: Shadow Broker Liara is bustier than ME1 Liara. By quite a bit. (I'm talking about the actual in-game polygonal model)

that or her mammaries had been busy in the previous two years and she had't told shephard, should be interesting to see if its revealed that she had kids in the interim, either Sheps or that alien guys. I noticed that, quite realistically, any of the matriarch asari had larger tracks of land then the younger dancer asari, interesting...

Edited by Knight26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Hey!

Voice Cast reveal. Old folks are coming back; Hale, Martin, Tricia, Green -- first time I've seen Liara VA too.

Jessica Chobot has a part.. unfortuately, said character underwent a certain surgical procedure that both inflated and immoblized (her facial muscles on the later). Sheesh, I can just imagine all the fanboy mods for that particular character already... *snort*

Of course by now you guys should be aware that the demo is out Feb 14. Yes, I ain't got nuthin' to do that night anyway.

1 month to release, give or take. Gotta grind that insanity run down.

I don't like the "The game rewrites itself for you" part ... hope I didn't waste all that time: saving the Rachni so I can have my giant spider infantry, saving the council so I can have the Destiny Ascension and its huge gun, and all the members of my bada$$ squad from ME2 that I invested hours in playthroughs to keep alive.

I don't like the "The game rewrites itself for you" part ... hope I didn't waste all that time: saving the Rachni so I can have my giant spider infantry, saving the council so I can have the Destiny Ascension and its huge gun, and all the members of my bada$$ squad from ME2 that I invested hours in playthroughs to keep alive.

they were talking about for people who haven't played ME or/and ME2.

Keith David is awesome - he always puts a smile on my face! Tricia Helfer gives me happy pants. However I was a little underwhelmed by ME2 - for all my fond memories of it. I might pick up ME3 when the price gets a little discounted.

• 2 weeks later...

So i just played the demo and..... as Natsu Dragneel would say: I'M ALL FIRED UP!!! KICK SOME REAPER @$$!!! YEAH!!!

Seriously, it was pretty fun but I think for long time ME fans it'll take getting used to. I think they applied a little too much rule of cool to the interfaces.

Also the Reaper invasion kinda reminded me of the ELS invasion from the end of the 00 movie a bit. Except the Reapers are definitely evil.

Got a couple of questions. I've never played ME 1 and 2, though I'm thinking of this third installment on the PS3.

Anyway, can I create my character to use for single player mode?

Is the gameplay freeroam, and not strickly linear?

How long is the gameplay with 1 and 2?

Thanks

20 ish hours for a good run in ME1. Good as in, doing most things, but not everything. ME2 can vary a lot depending on if you go for upgrades and loyalty missions, but it is definitely longer. But ME1 has MUCH better plot IMHO, and actually sets the stage for ME3 far more than ME2 did.

Plot-wise, ME2 is darn-near a side-story IMHO. It's the collectors, not the reapers.

20 ish hours for a good run in ME1. Good as in, doing most things, but not everything. ME2 can vary a lot depending on if you go for upgrades and loyalty missions, but it is definitely longer. But ME1 has MUCH better plot IMHO, and actually sets the stage for ME3 far more than ME2 did.

Plot-wise, ME2 is darn-near a side-story IMHO. It's the collectors, not the reapers.

Much appreaciated for the feedback.

Just one more question. Will I be able to create my own character in ME3? Like pick gender and etc? Or am I required to play with the main characters?

I played half the demo (well, I think it was half) which was essentially the opening sequence of the game. I didn't want to play the next portion because it seemed like it might be somewhat spoilerish (takes place on another world). It's Mass Effect, what else can you say? I'd ready for it!

I've been playing just the opening 5 mins of the demo, to try out various "tweaks" to my Shepard(s). They changed the hair colors---as in, even if you directly import/copy, the color may be very different. All the reds are much redder/brighter now, really messes with my paragon Shep's look. Eye colors are different too, IMHO. Blues are still blue, etc, but just about every option looks different than it used to. (this happened in ME1 to ME2 as well, but to a lesser degree) So I'm spending time now to figure out how I want things, rather than on launch day when I'd rather be actually playing.

Also---Kotobukiya Bishoujo Fem-Shep!

http://www.bigbadtoy...ail&picture=out

Unlike their Liara statue, it'll be hard to argue that the face is wrong...

Just finished the ME3 campaign demo. Impressions:

1. The opening sequence is very blue.. Alliance uniform is blue, energy discharge and engine exhaust is blue, Ashley is in blue!..., there's a blue overlay on many things, etc. etc.

2. REALLY dislike the "quick skate" that many Cannibals executed during the opening sequence. I thought it might have been a Cannibal only problem, then I saw it happen for the Cereberus troopers (to a much lesser extent in the tighter confines). Looks likely to be a program "issue".. bots need to be there, so they skate there..

3. Weapons selection for the demo is rather bad. The initial I can understand, but not giving the Infiltrator a sniper weapon for the second part is just silly.. A sniper using a Matlock or a shottie isn't an sniper. Still, cloaking makes it very possible to make good use of what you have. In ME2 I disliked the Matlock, so I'm at a disadvantage. Also, where did my grenades go?

4. No heavy weapons for the demo.. and they drop a mech on you. Bah.

5. Nice to see that Cryo ammo now stops regen. Cryo feels a lot more usable, really. On the flip side, not a big fan of the heavy melee, as the animation time is too long.. leaves you too vulnerable.

6. Combat moves are now more varied and very fluid now, I like. Takes a bit more getting used to and getting into and out of cover is more troublesome. Especially when you are cloaked.

7. Demo is easy on Normal mode. There's one part with sentry guns that the story advised to flank. I just went through.. Enemy engineers are much more deadly now with the ability to deploy and support turrets, that could be annoying. Higher levels are likely a lot tougher.

8. The skill tree that pops up shows that ME3 is going to be a long grind. Sigh. On the plus side, Cloaking is both longer (at lower levels than the ME2 maxed version) and MORE useful overall thanks to better combat fluidity.

9. Nice to see Ashley all grown up. :) And not in pink! xD

EDIT: Formatting problems.

Edited by Lynx7725

Did a run through with a Soldier. IMO a bit easier, but not too different. Adrenaline Rush a big difference in the initial stage, allowing me to clear the Cannibals quickly and efficiently with an Avenger.

The later run wasn't much different; had grenades but quite limited IMO -- need to figure out how to use it properly. Concussive shot feels more useful to my style.

Squadmates feel a lot more competent now. A big improvement.

Combat fludity means ME2 style sit and squat is a lot less efficient now; getting into and out of cover is a lot more hesitant, so I rather just not. Enemy grenades also have a nasty habit of showing up, so getting locked into a position is more deadly than protective.

Ran into a few things I didn't see on the first runthrough. Weapons component, for one.. picked up a pistol scope. A few other odds and ends. I was running the demo under standard ME mode, so was a bit busy shooting things. The new story/ action mode may change that.

Edited by Lynx7725

Third run with a Biotic. Singularity is very powerful on normal -- maxing it out quickly reaps a lot of benefits. That and having a "no ammo" power like warp means you can clear low level crowds very easily. Not so good against armoured targets like the Atlas though.

In the opening, I managed to kill all the Cannibals sent at you with just Warp and Singularity, until "the Cavalry arrives"... Scripted. (Also scripted is the ammo loss. I went through the front without shooting a single shot and I still ended up with no ammo...) Is it just me, or are Cannibals really low-powered husks? I hated husks in ME2, but the demo Cannibals are really... sub-par.

Adept run in the second demo mission is also similarly easy. The various choke points that the enemy sets up are easily manipulated away by Singularities (since Liara was along for the ride), and your teammates are noticably much more competent at killing things now. Found a few more armour and weapon components lying around, so exploration is also key to get stuff. It was only when I ended up against the boss Atlas that things got difficult.

ME2 style cover and blast is notably non-effective. Enemy AI do try to flank you and the likelihood of mission maps giving flanking options is very high. Grenade tossing enemies got very easy ways to get you out of cover as grenades are fairly damaging. Certain enemies such as the Atlas can actually reach over cover to grab you and squeeze you into paste (happened). Relying on cover for short periods is necessary but if you are staying extended times in one place, you are looking to get flanked and burned.

Got a couple of questions. I've never played ME 1 and 2, though I'm thinking of this third installment on the PS3.

Anyway, can I create my character to use for single player mode?

Is the gameplay freeroam, and not strickly linear?

How long is the gameplay with 1 and 2?

Thanks

If your going to be using only a PS3 then playing a full-version of ME1 isn't even an option thanks to copyright issues with microsoft. Instead the PS3 verison of ME2 gets a 45 min interactive comicbook of Mass Effect 1. Which could be a blessing in your case if you just want to get into the story without spending time on gameplay.

Gameplay is free-roam like Star Wars KOTOR, Final Fantasy, etc.

Much appreaciated for the feedback.

Just one more question. Will I be able to create my own character in ME3? Like pick gender and etc? Or am I required to play with the main characters?

Absolutely. The main Character is fully customizable in Gender, appearance, combat class, etc for new players.

Edited by Freiflug88

If your going to be using only a PS3 then playing a full-version of ME1 isn't even an option thanks to copyright issues with microsoft. Instead the PS3 verison of ME2 gets a 45 min interactive comicbook of Mass Effect 1. Which could be a blessing in your case if you just want to get into the story without spending time on gameplay.

Gameplay is free-roam like Star Wars KOTOR, Final Fantasy, etc.

Absolutely. The main Character is fully customizable in Gender, appearance, combat class, etc for new players.

Thanks Freiflug88, I'm getting it. :)

No, I'm pretty sure she's still dead. Atomic dust and whatnot.

That's a lie, you lying liar of a liar!

... right? :unsure:

The game defaults to Kaiden alive, Ashley dead. (if you don't import, etc)

Preceding two ME1 posts spoiler-tagged for Omegablue's sake since it seems he'll soon be starting the series.

Bah and BAH!!!

But not bah for Omegablue. Welcome to the ME club! :)

I'd like to get these for Xbox, but I played the original on the pc... Is there a way to summarize your choices at the beginning of ME2? Ie: council rescue or kaidan/Ashley? Of course there are the little things too - like the fan... But that doesn't effect further arcs, does it?

(null)

I'd like to get these for Xbox, but I played the original on the pc... Is there a way to summarize your choices at the beginning of ME2? Ie: council rescue or kaidan/Ashley? Of course there are the little things too - like the fan... But that doesn't effect further arcs, does it?

(null)

If your talking about summarizing on the XboX version, then you could just download the Mass Effect: Genesis DLC interactive comic, which lets you make all the important choices to set up your ME2 game.