From Wonderfest today. Yamamoto figure was strictly no pics so this was the best I could do, sorry.

I cared about Yamamoto's breasts when I saw it there. I mean her nipples...

そういや乳首立ってたよね、あれ?

Edited by antibiotictab

Are the current bluray episodes lacking this theme?

The blurays and theatrical screenings feature a new recording if the same song by its original singer Isao Sasaki. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that someone decided it might be a little too oldskool to attract new younger viewers in the 5pm broadcast timeslot.

Having purchased the Blu-ray volume 1 & 2 and the requisite Blu-ray player: all I can say is 'Wow!'

The quality of the animation, the tightness and pacing of the script, the overall high production values have produced an entertaining, brisk and extremely watchable show!

To say that I am impressed is an understatement - this is magic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2vVrxLhz5U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Having purchased the Blu-ray volume 1 & 2 and the requisite Blu-ray player: all I can say is 'Wow!'

The quality of the animation, the tightness and pacing of the script, the overall high production values have produced an entertaining, brisk and extremely watchable show!

To say that I am impressed is an understatement - this is magic!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club! And the show is only halfway though!

Got my notice!

Also Cosmo Zero update:

It's so beautiful!!

Chris

Nice! Now if only I had a bit more time and the extra cash lining around to pick one up! (Still working on the 1/1000 Cosmo Navy set (1st one, not the 2nd one) and the 1/? scale Cosmo Falcon that came with Dengeki Hobby >.,<;;;)

WOW...thank you DHL...it only took 2 days to get here.

I've never had a shipment arrive this fast from Japan before.

It's all down to timing. Specifically they were able to make it onto the first mail plane to the hub nearest you.

When I sent regular mail from Vancouver to Japan, the fastest was 2 days, too. The slowest, a week!

Got my notice!

Also Cosmo Zero update:

It's so beautiful!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/978403/index

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10210742

Chris

Gorgeous kit! Can't wait to see it built up around here!!

Got mine in the private warehouse waiting for the VF-11B with booster restock.

Maybe wait for Alpha 2 to come out and get both, one in flight and one folded up. Too bad they're Bandai - wished it were Hasegawa.

Just got my 2 Zero's. Really looks like a gorgeous kit. 1 will be in flight the other folded up. Will get the Yamamoto kit as well to display in flight as well. Main problem for me with the bandai kits are the color call outs are in Japanese. At least Hasegawa gives color call outs in English as well as Japanese. Anyone know what color the directions are saying is the base color? Looks metallic.

Not really interested in the next release...the Gamila's carrier. Was hoping for more Fighter's, scouts, or bombers of either Earth or Gamilon in 1/72. Or a Gamila Battleship. Anyone know what Meranka of Mekakore size means?

- Space flight assault aircraft attacking from orbit Yamato state impersonation appeared!

- Meranka of carrier-based aircraft in the same scale machine comes with 2!

- Also included Meranka of Mekakore size!

From here: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10217261

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Chris

from the interweb:

"The ship will be packed with 2 in-scale DWG229 Meranka Class Fighters + a Mecha Collection sized version of the same fighter (which will put it around the same scale as the Cosmo Falcon of the same collection)"

from the interweb:

"The ship will be packed with 2 in-scale DWG229 Meranka Class Fighters + a Mecha Collection sized version of the same fighter (which will put it around the same scale as the Cosmo Falcon of the same collection)"

so Mecha Collection = mini kit = the Cosmo Falcon that came with the January Dengeki magazine?

i thought the Yamato Mecha Collection was "box scale" ie. all over the place?

also read that the Dengeki Cosmo Falcon is around 1/126, so if i put it those bits together, does that mean that the extra Meranka is going to be pretty close to 1/144?

that'll be sweet if that was the case, although that would mean buying multiples of the Polmeria set.

I really wish they had gone with the same type of decals they used for the Macross Frontier kits. We had a set of water decals and a set of the same markings in sticker form. These were quite thin and easy to apply. As someone who is a noob with water decals, those stickers were a godsend. The end results were awesome. But here, with only the water decals...i'm afraid...very afraid i'll ruin them. :(

so Mecha Collection = mini kit = the Cosmo Falcon that came with the January Dengeki magazine?

i thought the Yamato Mecha Collection was "box scale" ie. all over the place?

also read that the Dengeki Cosmo Falcon is around 1/126, so if i put it those bits together, does that mean that the extra Meranka is going to be pretty close to 1/144?

that'll be sweet if that was the case, although that would mean buying multiples of the Polmeria set.

Yes, the Cosmo Falcon is a new addition to the Mekacore/Mecha Collection line. As are those original Tri-Deck carriers that came with the Yamato and UNCF Set . Set will apparently bring a Yamato Resurrection type Cosmo Zero (or at least that's what i make of it) while the Garmillas set comes with a Reflex Sattelite. :) The downside of this line is that it doesn't have a specific scale set so you end up with all ships (at least on the original line) having the same size. The Reflex Sattelite however seems to be in scale with the 1/1000 ships.

Just got my 2 Zero's. Really looks like a gorgeous kit. 1 will be in flight the other folded up. Will get the Yamamoto kit as well to display in flight as well. Main problem for me with the bandai kits are the color call outs are in Japanese. At least Hasegawa gives color call outs in English as well as Japanese. Anyone know what color the directions are saying is the base color? Looks metallic.

Not really interested in the next release...the Gamila's carrier. Was hoping for more Fighter's, scouts, or bombers of either Earth or Gamilon in 1/72. Or a Gamila Battleship. Anyone know what Meranka of Mekakore size means?

- Space flight assault aircraft attacking from orbit Yamato state impersonation appeared!

Chris

My possible translation of the color chart

10210742t.jpgTop row:

"- Red Body Parts: Shine (Glossy?) Red 100%

- Silver Body Parts: Silver 100%

- White Body Parts: White 100%

- Black Body Parts: Black 100%"

Bottom Row:

"- Yellow Body Parts: White 50% + Orange Yellow (?) 30% + Yellow 20%

- Gray Body Parts: Gray White "Ming" (Light or Bright) 70% + White 30% + a bit of "Heavy"(?) Black (guessing just a tinsy bit that doesn't even read as 1% XD )

- Missile Parts: White 90% + Neutral Gray 10%

- Tire Parts: Flat Black 100%"

I'm guessing the designations used reffer to the actual sprues (as the missiles have red in them but those are probably in the Red Body Parts sprue), As to which paint brand these reffer to i'm guessing it's Bandai Color. Sorry if this doesn't help. :)

there was supposedly an official paint set by GSI Creos/Mr.Color, but i haven't been able to find a store or webshop carrying them.

71310.JPG

as for the Mekakore Meranka,i'm still not sure if they meant matching the scale of the Dengeki Cosmo Falcon which is 1/126, or if they meant being in line with the box scale practice of the Mekakore line. if the latter, then that Meranka is going to be significantly smaller than 1/144, which would be a bummer.