New Homeworld 2 Macross Mod

shadow3393

Sure, but I don't feel its ready to be released until I get an equal opposing force, better ai, new formations, and proper balancing are made. Right now, my units are slaughtering the current CPU races. I would estimate the mod is about 35% ready for first release. I am budgeting my mod time between modeling, texturing, fx making and scripting, so if more people want to help the faster it will get done. :)

Nice varja!

Wow they came out great... Even better since they are like 260 polys max, fleets won't break anyones system! Did you tweak the texture cause they look sort of grey/blueish and the blue one I sent is the 19s version. I have the textures for the normal base one if you want (WHITE) I forgot to include it as I ddin't have the base model out of game still. MP had sent me the last retouched batch so I still had them as .3ds files. Or is that a enviromental effect (night)?

As white:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...ch%202/73fd.jpg

The VF-21 looks way rougher, but did you want that as well?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...ch%202/7bbd.jpg

I can access all the .obj files you guys posted NP, so sticking with that is just fine!

MP should be tickled pink he's gonna get some more Macross models! Due to health reasons he stopped modeling for a bit and just got back to it. He's made over 300 TREK ships and only did about 30 RT/Mac ones before quitting and concentrating on TREK exclusively again.

Still, this is what I do, keep the dream ALIVE!!! Anime people have to stick together. ;)

BTW I have MAX and Millia colors for a VF-9 Cutlass... Are you interested in those?

vf9.jpg

Hmm I sem to have two versions? One has big round things in threes, might be guns?

As for races: For Zentreadi I have the files I can reconvert for the Macross VO ones. I made test versions of almost all the Zent ships though a HD ate the source files and my ability to use them. I think I can salvage most of them. IF you want that is, here's an example of a Nupetiet behind 3 fighters on Patrol (Max, Millia, and a nugget in a trainer.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...gon/patrol1.jpg

Hehe Here's Isamu (yf-19 in gerwalk mode) samcking down some Minbari... Mesh by Homura!

nials.jpg

HAHA!

Edited by Star Dragon

Hmm that's odd, what do you prefer? .3ds?

I originally exported to .3ds when I first started before I found out I could export to .obj, and I figured 3ds would be better format for you because it seems that all your files are 3ds.

Edited by shadow3393

My bad... I meant what's the best format for you to get ready to get into HW2?

(Assuming I cant make hods)... HW2 tools don't work for me anymore.

Obj are my preferred format, it saves times for me by not having to convert another format to obj.

Update

What is going on and new:

-Currently in progress of writing AI scripts for the UNS side.

-Improved Anti missile systems

Problems:

-Having issues with the Macross Cannon tracking correctly

-Transformations are put on hold until I can track down a copy of Maya 5.0, or someone with a copy is willing to join the mod team.

New ideas:

Interchangeable loadouts for fighters.

Requests:

Anybody have good pics of the Vajira destroyer type ship (front, side, top, back)?

Anybody with modeling and texturing experience that wants to help out this mod.

I would recommend getting Maya 6.5 instead of 5.0. There are very nice plugins for it (like progressive mesh) not avaliable in Maya 2008, and almost no bugs.  You just need to look at relic forum, i'm sure someone has compiled the plugins to 6.5. And it should be easier to find.

Update

Good News:

I found a copy of Maya 5, no luck on 6.5 though, the plug ins work, and everything is set up and ready to go.

Bad news:

I have no idea how to get things to animate the way I want. It may take me some time to learn how to animate in Maya. So it might be a while before any models will be transforming in any way.

However if I figure animation faster than expected, expect the NMC storm attack mode to make an appearance. Some of the Valks need to be remodeled for transformations.

Edited by shadow3393

Update

I figured out the animation, stupid grouping not being obvious, anyways, NMC is about 50% complete in animation. Still need to write the MADSTATE for it and redo the HOD.

In light of this breakthrough, if anybody wants to help me make transformable models of the VF-17 and VF-19, it would help me out a lot.

Edited by shadow3393

Update Again

NMC is 85% complete, animation is done, just need to fix the mesh a little. Still need to write the Madstates and hod.

Here is a the transformation vid

http://rapidshare.com/files/151889459/test4.avi.html (400kb)

--edit--

realized that the arms swung down too fast

fixed animation

http://rapidshare.com/files/151892907/test5.avi.html (420kb)

Edited by shadow3393

The proportions look pretty bad in robot mode... Yeah my fault!!

Nah, aside from the shoulders being kinda flat, which probably be my fault when I was tweaking the mesh, and the hole in the back, I think it looks good. That and the legs positioned being kinda off, also my bad.

Update

NMC is 95% complete

Transformable Hod is finished for the NMC, still need to write a Madstate script

Issues:

Maya crashing when I try to put in the necessary markers for the MAD file, will try to resolve at a later point.

--edit--

I think I found an solution

Edited by shadow3393

Just oppened a site, http://sites.google.com/site/takmodels/

Download the yamato file, madstates are implemented there. But it didn't worked well in-game... But it worked!

Also there is the ghost X-9, but the madstates never worked in-game.

I also had the same problem with the relic tools. But i don't remember how to solve. If i'm right it has something to be with the script, i guess i had to load them manually before using...

Edited by akt_m

Just oppened a site, http://sites.google.com/site/takmodels/

Download the yamato file, madstates are implemented there. But it didn't worked well in-game... But it worked!

Also there is the ghost X-9, but the madstates never worked in-game.

I also had the same problem with the relic tools. But i don't remember how to solve. If i'm right it has something to be with the script, i guess i had to load them manually before using...

Yea, that seems to be the solution I found.

Oh and do you want the transformable version of the NMC for your site?

Edited by shadow3393

Thank you but there is really no need at all.

And you don't transform the hod. In the hod file you just have all the animation joints, they are there in idle position. When did the animations in the same file i exported the hod, the hod had errors.

The problem with madstates is that relic never released an official sample with madstates!!!

What I mean by transformable hod is that the hardpoints move when the ship transforms. Right now they are always in the idle position. I have an idea on how to get it to work. As for madstates I think I know how to get them to work looking at the decompiled ones I have.

In retrospect I guess this gives me a reason to go back and fix the mesh. The changes I have queued up so far is to try to make the shoulders look better, close off the back of the chest hanger, and readjust the legs.

Request:

Please take a look at the transformation vid I posted earlier and tell me what needs to be fixed. I would like to fix all the problems in on go .

Thanks

Edited by shadow3393

lol, I am asking basically anybody who wants to to check and critique the model. I been staring at that model for too long so I have gotten used to how it looks. I really don't want to have to redo the model again later, if I find a problem.

I have been meaning to start a thread there, but been forgetting and getting distracted by other things.

Update

Transformation works 100%, however the hardpoints and weapons are not shifting positions, looking for solution.

--edit--

Here is a pic of the complete transformation, excuse the free floating hardpoints

post-10089-1223614012_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadow3393