Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Got my VF-19. Wow. Just, wow. I thought when people said this was Yamato's best effort to date, they were exaggerating, but man, were they right! Chunky and solid, this is just pure awesomeness. On its own, the 19 is pretty cool, but the sound boosters really make it! I hate Mac 7, but I can't deny this makes me want to go buy more Mac 7 valks. I must have the Blazer now!

photo1-15.jpg

photo3-11.jpg

photo3-10.jpg

photo4-10.jpg

photo1-16.jpg

photo2-21.jpg

Ankles are sturdy and stiff. Absolutely zero QC problems on mine!

photo5-11.jpg

photo1-20.jpg

photo1-18.jpg

Worth EVERY penny!

photo_2.jpg

Nice pics, PUD333.

My VF-19 with Booster has no loose joints to report. But there are a few parts they were never glued or lack glue to keep them in place.

Since Yamato, now has the updated ankles for the Blazer why couldn't they issue these updated versions for the Fire??

I have a review of the booster i'm working on... So far i'm fairly unimpressed but it's still early.

It's a supplement piece, so I wouldn't expect it to be a beaming review. It's like reviewing the boosters on a fast pack set, in a way. If it's going to be a review of the booster, I would suggest adding it to the review of the 19 Kai. Just my suggestion, but reviewing part of something as an individual piece doesn't make much sense to me.

Nice pics, PUD333.

My VF-19 with Booster has no loose joints to report. But there are a few parts they were never glued or lack glue to keep them in place.

Since Yamato, now has the updated ankles for the Blazer why couldn't they issue these updated versions for the Fire??

There's a December restock that IIRC should have the updated ankles

It's a supplement piece, so I wouldn't expect it to be a beaming review. It's like reviewing the boosters o

n a fast pack set, in a way. If it's going to be a review of the booster, I would suggest adding it to the review of the 19 Kai. Just my suggestion, but

reviewing part of something as an individual piece doesn't make much sense to me.

I couldn't disagree more. It's sold separately at a steep price. It wil be reviewed on it's own and in conjunction of how it interacts with the 19.

I have a review of the booster i'm working on... So far i'm fairly unimpressed but it's still early.

Yeah, on its own, it's sort of meh. The price itself is like you're buying an extra valkyrie. But for me, the Fire needs the sound booster accessory to really put it over the top. Together, they're awesome, but yeah, on its own, the sound boosters are a bit lacking. Too bad it's so expensive. Much easier for me to drop $250 on a valkyrie, than $100 on an accessory.

Nice pics, PUD333.

Thanks. Yeah, the December release is supposed to have the fixes. I'm lucky my ankles are stiff.

Edited by pud333

After seeing those pics, I wanna do a facepalm and ask myself why I never thought of using those claw-like thingies to support the Kai in the Yamato Valkyrie stand given that it's heavy on the rear side especially with the Sound Boosters.

But then again, can those claw-like thingies really support all that weight given that they're not ratcheted and might just flop once the Fire Valk gets detached from the adapter?

Well, the thing to try.. if you're going to do gerwalk, loosen the screws. Even with mine fully loosened to the point where they were almost falling out, the ankles would still hold a good gerwalk angle.

One thing to note thought, don't let them pop out above the surface, or they will interfere with the feet opening.

When you go to battroid later, just re-tighten the screws once you center the feet.

It's annoying, but this might at least keep from stressing things as much as forcing the joint without loosening the screws.

I'll probably draw some flak for saying this, but I don't think any of the VF-19Kai have had loose ankles out of the box.

From what I've read so far on this site (excuse me if I'm wrong), but the loose ankles reported here, seem to have all been caused by trying to force the ankle joint in ways it was not designed to go, which then causes the joint to loosen.

Again I may be wrong, but isn't it only 2-3 toys reported so far that have suffered this problem IIRC.

I don't consider this a QC issue, but perhaps it is fair to say the ankle joint could have been better designed to withstand wear-and-tear and to give the joint a wider range of movement, to anticipate all the poses which owners may wish to place it in.

All I know is I haven't tried to force the ankle joints on my 2 x VF-19Kai and 2 x VF-19S past their design limits and all are still fine.

Graham

The ankles on mine are perfectly fine. Still fine after multiple transformations. However, it's definitely fair to say they should be made more durable considering the importance of the joints. The 19 is still leaps and bounds more impressive than many of Yamato's previous offerings.

The ankles on mine are perfectly fine. Still fine after multiple transformations. However, it's definitely fair to say they should be made more durable considering the importance of the joints. The 19 is still leaps and bounds more impressive than many of Yamato's previous offerings.

+1. Mine are fine as well---that being said, I'm not a fan of Gerwalk on this fighter so I don't go there. Fighter and Battroid only.

I don't know if my ankles are still so stiff that I can pull off all the one-legged poses I did the first day I owned my toy... but they're still plenty stiff for battroid mode. They're not quite as stiff as I'd want them to be in GERWALK mode though, I had to kinda cheat last time I had it in that mode and move the upper ball joint so that the ankle would be as far on the interior as possible so I could use the bell bottom at the end of the leg for additional support. I don't remember ever forcing the ankles to do anything unnatural that would have caused them to loosen up at all but I guess just some normal handling should be expected to cause any ball joint to loosen up a little bit.

Well my lovely wife bought me this for christmas and I have to admit... It's pretty amazing, tight as a drum, transforms great, feels pretty solid, great color... Overall im sold!

The question now is do i use the christmas money i got to pickup the 11C or the Blazer? Ive never even seen the blaser animated (that i can remember) and i'm still mega tempted!

Well my lovely wife bought me this for christmas and I have to admit... It's pretty amazing, tight as a drum, transforms great, feels pretty solid, great color... Overall im sold!

The question now is do i use the christmas money i got to pickup the 11C or the Blazer? Ive never even seen the blaser animated (that i can remember) and i'm still mega tempted!

Get the Blazer, it's a beautiful bird.

Graham

post-11-0-48568700-1324883141_thumb.jpg

I couldn't disagree more. It's sold separately at a steep price. It wil be reviewed on it's own and in conjunction of how it interacts with the 19.

I think this is the big thing at play. I think you looked at it from a different point of view than most people. I think most people, like myself, viewed it just as an accessory. It couldn't be looked at as a stand-alone toy, in and of itself, or reviewed separately like that, since you wouldn't, for example, go out and buy Optimus Prime's trailer on its own, and be content with that, you know? What would be the point? No one would buy the Sound Booster on its own and not get the VF-19.

The review is solid in terms of looking at the merits of the Sound Boosters as is, but it's the overall package that really matters. I do agree it is unnecessarily complicated for an accessory that, let's be honest, doesn't even stay attached very well. If one were to try to "play" with the VF-19 with the Sound Boosters, they'd find the Sound Boosters fall off easily. I would have rather had Yamato focus more on sturdy perfect transformation attachment, than on unnecessarily complicated ways to open and close things. I think most people were willing to forgive the MSRP because of how awesome this thing looks completed.

Full disclosure: I HATE Macross 7. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I have tried multiple times over the years to watch the show, but can never get past the first few episodes. I can't do it. People say it gets better, but I call BS. I think an ridiculous show. But I got the VF-19. And I got it, even though I preferred the look of the Blazer, solely because of the Sound Boosters. They made a McDonald's toy look killer. That's what sealed the deal for me, and I do not regret dropping all that money on a toy from a series I absolutely cannot stand. The only thing that makes me annoyed about this toy is the fact that it comes from an Anime I hate.

Edited by pud333