Expendables 2. Coming 08/17/12.

UN Spacy

The first was great, all the action stars, barely any plot. I mean seriously it's like watching Snakes on a Plane or Shoot Em Up, we don't go to these for substance, we go because it has all the best action stars past their primes kicking ass. That's all that matters. And this coming from a guy who prefers plot over spectacle but can indulge in mindless fair every now and then, i.e. Transformers 1 and 3. I look forward since some of the stars that passed on the first decided to come to their damned senses. Yeah I'm talking about you Van-Damme, other than Kung Fu Panda 2 you had nothing else going on.

Edited by kanedaestes

Oh, I'm definitely not a film snob but the action in expendables was pretty mediocre and the fist fights were boring and shot poorly. The only thing it had going for it was nostalgia but even that was tempered by giving Jason Statham so much screen time.

Oh, I'm definitely not a film snob but the action in expendables was pretty mediocre and the fist fights were boring and shot poorly. The only thing it had going for it was nostalgia but even that was tempered by giving Jason Statham so much screen time.

Agree, but the difference here is that Stallone is not directing, it's Simon West, same dude that did Con Air, so I expect the action sequences to be much better.

lol, guess Van Damm isn't too good for the sequel :)

Van Damme is the reason I'm so hyped for this movie. I was a huge fan of his movies back in the day.

I thought the first movie has its problems but I loved some of the writing, especially between Stallone and Li. There were some nice nods to the 80s movies in there that was great too. Like at the beginning when they put on their night vision goggles and it looks like the predator vision.

I agree with whoever said that Statham had too much screen time though. They should focus more on the 80s guys and downplay the others.

Awww man, I had heard that Segal and Jeff Speakman (a little known actor who was stil the poster child for Kenpo Karate) would be in it; disappointed but I'll be there.

-Oh and Carl Weathers-would've been cool to see him, too...

Edited by myk

The last Rambo blew away The Expendables

I have to agree, the last Rambo was a very decent movie - I was not expecting much after hilariously laughing my way through the second Rambo movie (started laughing the instant the special forces colonel goes riding around the desert with headlights on, didn't stop till it was done)

Won't happen,Stallone approached him for the last Rocky and he tried to overcharge him for a simple flash back sequence... LOL

What is the guy thinking? Has he been in anything for the past 20 years?

EDIT - PS, he has my favorite action movie line of all time though "He had a spare!"

Edited by Dynaman

I will attend this movie wearing nothing but shoes and a layer of pigs blood. I look awesome naked BTW.

And with that, this film is already too gay. Sorry. :lol:

Would have appealed more to me if it was a cast of young hot chicks with guns. :p

This movie will be a guilty pleasure for me.

No one I know will come and see it with me though.

The poster is so crazy it made me laugh. Except for Chuck Norris's face, he really looks like the odd man out here, despite the only woman on the poster next to him.

The original poster design with the skull and guns from the first movie was inspired. I had hoped they would do something along those lines again.

EDIT - PS, he has my favorite action movie line of all time though "He had a spare!"

Not that I know of; he had a guest spot in the t.v. series The Shield but that's it AFAIK...

Lol Arrested Development teaching Tobias Funke the Carl Weathers acting technique

The last Rambo blew away The Expendables, but 99% of the action stars here don't belong in that franchise, so I'm not surprised this is the one to get a sequel.

This is true. John Rambo was by far the best action movie in the old 80s vibe - it was the best Rambo movie by far and yes - it did blow away the Expendables by far. But John Rambo was melancholy and sombre; Expendables are just good 80s action fun. It's like - in John Rambo; the character was at the end of his life and, much like in Rocky Balboa, understood that so long as he was alive, he'd never escape who her really was - and a good thing too, since in both cases they were heroes. Expendables does not really put the stress on these guys being OLD and WORN - it's like they're showing off that they can still kick butt and be in their prime. It's a fun ride - and lots of hard core craziness - like at the beginning when they swung the plane around, the dude climbed out of the nose and machine gunned everybody - I mean - come on - that's awesome, implausable - and down right fun :-)

I will attend this movie wearing nothing but shoes and a layer of pigs blood. I look awesome naked BTW.

I'm still working on my abbs, so lack the confidence to dress like this - but I'm getting very, very close to it :-)

Pete

I think that's the point. It seems that the beginning of the 21st century is about making the dreams of 80s babies like us come true :-)

Sometimes, they come true for the better...other times (I'm looking at you ROTF!) for the worse :-) Sometimes they are nightmares... Expendables is a dream come true.

Pete

I think that's the point. It seems that the beginning of the 21st century is about making the dreams of 80s babies like us come true :-)

Sometimes, they come true for the better...other times (I'm looking at you ROTF!) for the worse :-) Sometimes they are nightmares... Expendables is a dream come true.

Pete

Remember we had to sit through woodstock 2.0, that 70's show, and the god awful Charlie's Angels movies. We deserve this its our retro turn! Now if we could only get Airwolf, and The Last Starfighter remakes.