Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

Try living in Argentina were the currency exchange rise to over 1/12 .....

:wacko::(

I called Bandai going super scale 15 years ago :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/fun/ebay2050/_ebay2050_vf-19kai.htm

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/fun/ebay2050/_ebay2050_pgvalk.htm

I cannot wait to get this, the detail looks fantastic in some of those close up pics! Wow wow wow.

S

hehe! that's pretty bad! :p:lol:

You don't like the Draken, Gakken? People are hoping it's a new design though it feels like it's going to transform ala-21. ;)

Good for you, sir. Congrats! ;)

Thanks, noel! It's been a long time coming!

$400 usd.. :unsure: that's heading north of $600 aud! :wacko: Aussie dollar ain't worth a pinch of 5h!t at the moment.. :rolleyes: Im still hoping for 35k to 40k yen max. Yeah I know that's quite optimistic.. -_-

And yeah that reminds me, im due for a pay rise soon too I think!? Supposed to get one every 12 months and its now a bit overdue. <_<

Time to bang on the boss's door? That's what I did, politely, of course.. Well I did say please...

I think if they keep tampo, lights, and movable flaps to a minimum, they could make it work within that range. Probably no articulated pilot figure though

I called Bandai going super scale 15 years ago :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/fun/ebay2050/_ebay2050_vf-19kai.htm

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/fun/ebay2050/_ebay2050_pgvalk.htm

I cannot wait to get this, the detail looks fantastic in some of those close up pics! Wow wow wow.

S

Astig! The wording on those "ads" still sound like what you see these days!

I'm in for one of these as the centerpiece of my collection if it comes in around the $500 mark. I could only dream of a Roy/Max/Kaki to complete the squadron!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Hahaha that's how they've gotten each of us, once you pop for one, you can't stop!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Like I said, if it doesn't transform, I'm out. If it does transform, I'll need to see how fighter mode turns out.

fighter mode will certainly look better than battroid given that they made compromises in the proportions in battroid to clearly favor fighter mode.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself... we don't even know if this mock-up actually CAN do a fighter mode. I think the proportions are what they are to infer that if it were to be made it would be transformable but I'd say it's probably too early to guess. For example, they might have just made the heatshield on the chest and not actually have figured out a canopy or how the heatshield would retract yet. Same idea with the fists, they might know what they'd want to use but we don't know if they've figured out a way to get those hams into the forearm. If a battroid that nice can achieve fighter mode and have that fighter mode look even better... welp, they'll have my money for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

There are compromises to the anime magic gods present on the figure that I can't imagine we'd be seeing if this were a battroid-only figure, like a longer-than-the-lineart nosecone, narrower forearms/shins, and a suspiciously complicated looking thigh joint.

Right, but looking at the shape of the legs, it seems to me that this is taking design cues from their Hi-Metal line, if so, that may give us a clue as to what the fighter mode will look like.

If I had to bet, I think this and the 1/1800 SDF-1 will never see the light of day. I wouldn't be surprised though if it goes like the Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 where they say "That's just too damn much toy" and then make smaller toys with slightly less frills. Maybe that's just wishful thinking that we'll get a 1/60 DX VF-1 though instead of this 1/35 beast... though getting both would certainly be wonderful.

If I had to bet, I think this and the 1/1800 SDF-1 will never see the light of day. I wouldn't be surprised though if it goes like the Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 where they say "That's just too damn much toy" and then make smaller toys with slightly less frills. Maybe that's just wishful thinking that we'll get a 1/60 DX VF-1 though instead of this 1/35 beast... though getting both would certainly be wonderful.

I would be perfectly OK with a 1/60 DX VF-1.

I would be perfectly OK with a 1/60 DX VF-1.

Fair enough but personally I would like to see something different and the 1:35 scale toy is that different! I can't say im very interested or keen on another line of 1:60 VF-1 toys.. I have enough of them already with the Yamacadia's..