Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Arcadia Higher quality in what ? The plastic?

I said they're of high quality like better QC than their Yamato days. They also made improved upon their old Yamato mold with die-cast reinforced joints. Just really stuff of that nature. I still think they're overpriced though.

Whether they are of higher quality compare to their competition, coughBandaicough, that's a matter of personal opinion.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Nah, Arcadia's reissues are the same as Yamato, no changed joints. The Arcadia v2 toys (like the YF-19 and VF-0) are improvements over the Yamato releases... but both of them started their life as Yamato products and only finished as Arcadia toys because of Yamato's abrupt shutdown. The decision makers at Arcadia seem to be exactly the same folks who were decision makers at Yamato. I don't think many folks would argue with you about the over-priced comment though!

I said they're of high quality like better QC than their Yamato days. They also made improved upon their old Yamato mold with die-cast reinforced joints. Just really stuff of that nature. I still think they're overpriced though.

Rather they are of higher quality compare to their competition, coughBandaicough, that's a matter of personal opinion.

I agree they are overpriced for sure.

Nah, Arcadia's reissues are the same as Yamato, no changed joints. The Arcadia v2 toys (like the YF-19 and VF-0) are improvements over the Yamato releases... but both of them started their life as Yamato products and only finished as Arcadia toys because of Yamato's abrupt shutdown. The decision makers at Arcadia seem to be exactly the same folks who were decision makers at Yamato. I don't think many folks would argue with you about the over-priced comment though!

I see. Likely why they include their so called "Legs" only as stands.

Edited by monishb

Oh man, as much as I like Arcadia products, their pricing is brutal. Aside from the YF-19, I've had to limit myself to only one of each Arcadia release because of the price.

A world where people can only afford one of each valkyrie... that's not the kind of world I want my kids growing up in! :o

NY still has it for Y24780 if your interested. There's no telling if they're going to re-release it again.

Especially if the rumors are true that Aracadia doesn't have neither the SDF:M nor the DYRL license for PT 1/60 scale toys at the moment.

Edited by Scyla

Especially if the rumors are true that Aracadia doesn't have neither the SDF:M nor the DYRL license for PT 1/60 scale toys at the moment.

^ That as well. ;) I didn't mention that earlier coz I don't want koonfasa to panic. j/k :lol:

I feel like the VF-1's stand up really well and don't really need a stand in Battroid mode. Stands are nice though for dynamic flight poses, but I would not rely on a Yamato/Arcadia or Bandai stand for that. Personally I can't stand the included Bandai stands and the Yamato/Arcadia stands that were included with certain valks like the YF-21/SV-51/Arcadia VF-1S Roy/Hikaru leave a lot more to be desired. If you really want a stand worthy of putting you valks on you should consider the yeti stands. I would suggest the flight pose stands but I had one eat paint off a valk before. Included stands feel like they were thrown in to help sell the product but I have never really been impressed with them.

Edited by Loop

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing with this for a couple of days now and I must say I love it!

This is my first Arcadia product and overall I am really impressed.

Pros:

The joints are tight and the whole toy is very well built and solid! I gave the plane a rough shake to simulate some crazy turbulence and nothing came loose. :lol:

Really love the new brilliant white colour scheme of Arcadia. This is how valks should be coloured right from the start!

I felt the quality of plastics used were really good! I like it's smooth matte finish which makes it feel expensive as opposed to Bandai's choice of smooth reflective plastic.

Cons:

Really disappointed Arcadia didn't continue with the rainbow tinted cockpit canopy. I really enjoyed that in the previous Yamatos. Thought it really made the toy stand out. That extra bit of detail really brought it to another level.

Could have deeper panel lines to make it look less "toy" like. The overall toy's too smooth.

The price. :(

Been playing with this for a couple of days now and I must say I love it!

This is my first Arcadia product and overall I am really impressed.

Pros:

The joints are tight and the whole toy is very well built and solid! I gave the plane a rough shake to simulate some crazy turbulence and nothing came loose. :lol:

Really love the new brilliant white colour scheme of Arcadia. This is how valks should be coloured right from the start!

I felt the quality of plastics used were really good! I like it's smooth matte finish which makes it feel expensive as opposed to Bandai's choice of smooth reflective plastic.

Cons:

Really disappointed Arcadia didn't continue with the rainbow tinted cockpit canopy. I really enjoyed that in the previous Yamatos. Thought it really made the toy stand out. That extra bit of detail really brought it to another level.

Could have deeper panel lines to make it look less "toy" like. The overall toy's too smooth.

The price. :(

Even Yamato had to give up on the rainbow canopy. The problem was that it was hard to get a consistent finish in the factory and the ones that did turn out good were prone to bubbling up. In the end I know there were some MW users that would remove it because of that. I loved the rainbow canopy myself and all of mine seem fine except for the first DYRL? Roy VF-1S that I purchased which has the bubbling going on.

Luckily I only had one rainbow canopy go wrong on my Yamatos, it was the original issue of Hikaru's VF-1A which also had the initial shoulder issue. Every other sample has held fine so far even Roy's DYRL Super VF-1S release. I'm not sure if it's a general problem or if it's only found on these early releases. For instance I've never heard of the M&M's releases to be prone to the rainbow peeling issue, has anyone had that problem?

It's an acrylic paint as far as I know. You can remove it with alcohol. And they don't always adhere so well to smooth plastic. The clear canopy on the yamato is also quite thick, and potentially just a touch soft. Not that it would flex, but I think the translucent paint just doesn't always stick well. The end result is peeling.

That said, my VF-1J Hikaru is still in great shape after many years.

It's definitely a general problem, the continued failures was why Yamato stopped it. I think it was when the weathering versions were peeling that they said "enough is enough."

Yes the weathering versions were having it too but I would guess that it was mostly those based on the releases which were already having the issue as non-weathered maybe ?

I've ever heard of the later DYRL releases Max 1A, 1S or Kaki 1A which also had the fixed shoulder hinges having the peeling syndrom. I wish there had been a poll back then just so we could know how widespread it is.

• 1 month later...

So i transformed my vf-ij back to fighter mode and i noticed the back hook that connects it to the the battroid body to keep the backpack from from falling won't stay in place. Has anyone encountered this? Or how to fix it?

post-8565-0-40998200-1453006940_thumb.jpg

post-8565-0-90595700-1453006945_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures. They didn't look like that on my phone.

Edited by Sandman

Will you still be able to use it as intended after doing that? Weird i didn't know that was a common problem. I have a ton of v2 vf-1's and have never run into that. And they were used way more than the one time i transformed this Vf-1J.

Edited by Sandman

• 3 weeks later...