HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Yeah, I just picked up the last Olive-Drab Destroid Tomahawk in case the upcoming *fingers crossed* Phalanx Kit requires the bottom half of an existing Destroid. The VF-1A Production Type sure went fast as well...it was tempting, but I already have two. Happy shopping!

*Sigh* I was looking forward to this sale...but nothing really catches my eye like last time with the VF-11b...

Yep....

Looking for these to get a better discount treatment....

VF-19S

VF-17S

Maybe not until the 2012 Holiday season? ;)

If anyone has these at a good price now PM me......

lol. look at that price..

1/60 1A is like less than ten bucks more compared to the Hi Metal VF-19K..(combined shipping)

I noticed that too. Ridiculous that 1/60's are going for that low shipped. Makes me wanna buy any extra in case mine break.

Most of this stuff I already have...however, how can you say "no" to VF-1A Cavaliers? I surely can't anyway! No idea why it's not part of this new Macross sale though :)

Edited by xrentonx

The Angel Bird is a bit tempting, but eh, I have enough of the VF-1 to last me for a long time.

I am tempted to grab a Max VF-22 for my brother though, as a future birthday gift or something.

Actually, the ghost for the VF-0 might not be a bad idea. I do have a VF-0A and S after all, and this is the other color scheme. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Though it's nice to see VFs @ 4900Â¥, they are mostly the same items each time HLJ has a sale (shelves warmers?). I love the basic VF-1A and I would be tempted if I were to do a custom mod.

I've already pre ordered a VF-1D renewal, making my wished collection complete (I'll buy a VF-1S focker scheme + strike parts one day).

I'll pass this one.

That is still a good sale with quality pieces for those who are starting :)

If I hadn't just bought a Blazer Id get the MnM 22's, I do want those. The Angel Birds a little tempting too.

I also just bought a VF-19s literally yesterday. When i saw this post i almost choked :-) But the re-issue of the VF-19 FIre Valkyrie has been discounted a lot. I wish i liked it.

I'm not the hugest fan of the Fire Valkyrie either but at under $200US I had to pick it up. Also Preodered the VF-1D trainer with the seat and Panel accessory......why am I buying this again just for the accessories......right I forgot I like Macross and suffer from expensive toy impules control like everyone else on this site.... :p

Now if only the VF-19s and VF-17 could get under that $200US dollar mark...... oh well they will be on sale on day at HLJ and the will be mine....oh yes they will be mine......ha ha ha....... :mellow:

The Angel Bird is a bit tempting, but eh, I have enough of the VF-1 to last me for a long time.

I am tempted to grab a Max VF-22 for my brother though, as a future birthday gift or something.

Actually, the ghost for the VF-0 might not be a bad idea. I do have a VF-0A and S after all, and this is the other color scheme. ^_^

If you want an angel bird for cheap, here you go:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Macross-Robotech-Valkyrie-Vf-1a-Angel-Birds-1-60-Yamato-BRAND-NEW-/56859071

They have 5 remaining I think? I've never used the site before to buy stuff, but it seems legit enough...

I kind of regret jumping on the VF-19s at full price, but not terribly. I love them too much for that. ^_^ I might preorder the F when it comes up too, but given the non-main-character-ness of them, I'm sure they'll wind up at big discounts later on. I just tend to be impatient with the VF-19 series.

Aside from those, I used to be pretty good about waiting for sales. I think every Yamato I have except for the VF-19s and my M&M VF-1s was bought from HLJ's sales. I've gotten bad about waiting though, and the shenanigans with preorders for Bandai's stuff has gotten me jumpy.

Does anyone know what HLJ's policy is regarding ordering sale items listed as backordered? Do they honor the discount price when/if the item is back in stock even if the sale is over by then, or do they revise the reserved item's price to non-sale amount upon post sale availability? The reason I ask is that I've got my eye on the 1/60 CF, but the backorder status is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

ya se llevaron casi todo gente... sigo esperando el yf-29

You'll have to wait a loooooooog time for a YF-29 sale... I don't foresee those ever going in the discount bin.

Como se fala em português: é melhor sentar, porque em pé vai cansar. Cómo se habla en portugués: es mejor sentarse, porque de pie se cansa. As it's said in portuguese: better sit down, because you'll get tired standing.

Does anyone know what HLJ's policy is regarding ordering sale items listed as backordered? Do they honor the discount price when/if the item is back in stock even if the sale is over by then, or do they revise the reserved item's price to non-sale amount upon post sale availability? The reason I ask is that I've got my eye on the 1/60 CF, but the backorder status is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

I think I recall at least one item I got where the sale price carried over to when the item came back in stock. It was a Michael VF-25G kit, and I ordered it at about half price when it was backordered. It came much later, but I'm pretty sure the final price was still discounted.

If this is a stock clearing sale though, the prices might not apply later.

Well, I place the order. If HLJ tries to pull a fast one and charge me the non-sale price I can just cancel. Hope they do honor it, though... it was a great price, and the email confirmation I received had the discount quoted. I have my fingers crossed.

I kind of regret jumping on the VF-19s at full price, but not terribly. I love them too much for that. ^_^ I might preorder the F when it comes up too, but given the non-main-character-ness of them, I'm sure they'll wind up at big discounts later on. I just tend to be impatient with the VF-19 series.

Aside from those, I used to be pretty good about waiting for sales. I think every Yamato I have except for the VF-19s and my M&M VF-1s was bought from HLJ's sales. I've gotten bad about waiting though, and the shenanigans with preorders for Bandai's stuff has gotten me jumpy.

The thing is it seems unlikely that the Blazer VF-19s will be re-issued this year again, or before the other variants, don't you think? That was my reasoning so i also ordered it at full price too rather than pay any premiums later for it because it's the only variant i like.

Wow, those VF-1s went pretty fast at those prices. Ended up getting the unpainted SDF-1 kit since I've been unable to obtain the photo-etched stuff and glow in the dark stickers in any other way.

Should make it easier for me to paint it as well since it comes unassembled.

I'm tempted to get that SDF-1 Kit (even though I don't care for the DYRL version) just because it's only $150.