Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

• 2 months later...
Bandai valkyries on the USS Flagg .... sweet!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, those are three Takatoku valks and one Bandai Strike on the USS Flagg. You can tell the Takatokus by the armor which was a lighter gray color. Bandai started making them bluer with their 1990 reissue and then again with their 2000ish reissue. Of course, the GBP was never reissued so that's gotta be original (although the valk might not be but seeing the rest of that collection, I'm pretty sure it is).

Very nice and white chunkies Sephiroth!

This thread needs a sense of humor.  Perhaps some joke machines could help?

404018[/snapback]

Nice nothing like some JM's to lighten the mode. :D Nice and clean too.

I always wondered why they didn't steal this design for the JM rip off morphers they released all those years ago with the release of the Robotech DVDs. Those morphers were actually a step backward in toy design. Had they looked like this they would have flown off the shelves. I don't know how many places i saw those in the bargain bins only a couple of months after their release... whew sorry ranting. :ph34r:

Well Toynami ripped off Takatoku's Paro-Valkyrie to do their morphers. They probably couldn't get permission from Bandai to do a jokemachine and these things would definitely cost a lot more to produce than those craptastic morphers.

hey hey...  just for to help fill me in cause of my newbness

what are joke machines?

re: the SD Figs that Jenius posted, what series they from?

405129[/snapback]

Check out the newbie thread - they answer the question in the first post ...

:)

hey hey...  just for to help fill me in cause of my newbness

what are joke machines?

re: the SD Figs that Jenius posted, what series they from?

405129[/snapback]

I'll just answer that. They are called joke machines because that's what it states on the Japanese packaging. So the name stuck. The american versions didn't have that name. Knowing how we are about macross, we like to keep the original names ie. Macross - robotech.

The japenese versions came out with five different JM's. VF-1S roy, VF-1a Max, VF-1a hikaru, VF-1j Max, and VF-1J Miriya. The matchbox versions came out with only three. VF-1S roy, VF-1J Max, and VF-1J Miriya. There's a picture guide to these JM's on the main page in the toy section. I'd post up pix of mine, but they are all in boxes. ;):D:p:lol:

I finally added a minty Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Strike Vakyrie to my collection.  My wife got it for my birthday last week on ebay for about $260.  It came with all its accessories, unused sticker sheets and box was pretty much unused.  The red heatshield is from an original Bandai 1/55 VF-1A that I picked up ebay for about $40; I think it looks great on the Strike.  This is my new favorite Macross toy next to my Takatoku VF-1A Super Valkyrie and my Takatoku VF-1J w/ GBP-1S armor.  I like the new Yamato stuff, but I love the scale, ease of transformation and look of the 1/55's...these are the toys I grew up.

Damn! $260 for a mint Strike!! :blink:

Lucky!!

Believe it or not, the minty strikes have been only going for less then 300 bucks. Demand hasn't been high for these. So buy it now while it's cheap!

• 4 weeks later...

yup, that looks like the real deal Takatoku to me. Although he didn't pull out the bridge and the radar dish thingy to the side. Oh well... :D:p:lol: