Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure Yamato offers replacement parts for the VF-0 as well. One way to find out. Part Request Order Form

So I sent a request for a VF-1S Roy Shoulder Hinge...& was wondering if anyone's had success with it? How would I go about replacing the part if it is available {I hope it is}
I've had success with it. The whole process took over a month. Overdrive's communication was good, but don't expect a confirmation email. I had to contact them first, a week or two after placing my order. And we went back and forth for a few days (sending photos, etc.) due to some confusion with the part's color. In the end, both Yamato and Overdrive did good by me.

Post your results. I'm interested to see the outcome re: VF-zero parts.

Edited by RD Blade

• 1 month later...

Anybody know if they have replacement parts for the new Low Viz VF-1S? I need a new chest piece since mine came with stress marks on it! :angry:

Also, can somebody check if the BC1 part number on the 1/48 chest piece is the same part number on the v.2 1/60's? Let me know please! Thanx!

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Ok, so I basically need a new pair of shoulders for two DYRL 1/60s (really doesn't matter which specific valk I get them for, they all match), and a new head for my Hikaru 1J.. Anyone have the part numbers on these?

Btw, do I need to put all these parts on separate requests? I'm guessing I cant send them all at once, but can I even send multiple requests back to back?

Ok, so I basically need a new pair of shoulders for two DYRL 1/60s (really doesn't matter which specific valk I get them for, they all match), and a new head for my Hikaru 1J.. Anyone have the part numbers on these?

Btw, do I need to put all these parts on separate requests? I'm guessing I cant send them all at once, but can I even send multiple requests back to back?

They're OK with you requesting more than one part. But if they get the feeling you're just trying to score spare parts, my guess is they'll probably ask for some kind of proof you actually need the parts. Again, that's just a guess. Shoot them an email. Couldn't hurt.

Hi, i transformed my 1/60 vf1 s roy just 1 time since it arrived to me and yesterday while moving arms to put it in a different pose it got broken!! And now it's loose and can't stay up...ABSURD why yamato didn't make those parts in metal like they did with legs joint??? Anyway where can i find a list of the 1/60 parts????In the 1/48 instructions book that were all parts by numbers but not in the 1/60... how can i do??

• 1 month later...

You will NEVER hear from them if Yamato never gets back to them. Did you ask for a part for a toy that is currently in production? All Overdrive does is act as a forwarding service for international customers. You write Overdrive "Hey, my toy broke, I need X part" and Overdrive forwards that to Yamato. Then Overdrive occasionally gets a big box of nothing but toy parts. They look who asked for what and contact you. If your part never comes in they won't write you to indicate that it still hasn't arrived.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after seeing Grahams misshap with the new VF-1J GBP I found out my roys shoulders have cracked badly and are on their last legs. Also looked at my Hikky 1A and it has stress marks and my Hikky 1J is also showing signs of fatigue. Sooo..

I have ordered the following replacements:

VF-1S DYRL Max hinges (for Roy)

VF-1A DYRL Kaki hinges (for Hikky 1A)

VF-1A TV Max hinges (for Hikky 1J)

With the hope that I get shipped non knurled BS hinges as a replacement yet still have the appropriate colouring. Will update with my results in a month or so I guess....

To anyone waiting for VF-1 shoulders:

It may help to post pics of your broken shoulders here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32126

We're going to send the pics to Yamato to try to convince them that we need a big batch of just shoulders.