1/72nd scale monster V2.0....any interest????

mslz22

Hey Guys, this is still on, my wife just had our 2nd baby over the holidays, we are back home and after a week break i will be back at work on this for a very early spring release, likely mid march. Once the molds are done i will take orders until those molds are toast, which will likely be a pretty short run since this is pretty big...

thanks

mike

Hey..congratz on the new family addition...will be eagerly waiting for your return

Hey Guys, this is still on, my wife just had our 2nd baby over the holidays, we are back home and after a week break i will be back at work on this for a very early spring release, likely mid march. Once the molds are done i will take orders until those molds are toast, which will likely be a pretty short run since this is pretty big...

thanks

mike

March is perfect - will give me plenty of time to set aside money for this......monster.

And congrats on #2 - but be careful, they grow up a lot faster than you realize!

Hi Mike,

Sorry to be late, but I've only got intermittant use of my computer due to family circumstances.

thanks

mike

Awesome! B))

Congrats to dad, on his second time (dad squared?!!?!?!), and lets not forget Mom who did, after all, have a fairly major part to play. :rolleyes:

Like the man said, "there is nothing more important than family".

Graham.

Edited by DaDragon

• 2 weeks later...
YES! I found a great deal on the airbrush and compressor I wanted, the Apple tablet is far less than I had anticipated... the cards being dealt are making the purchase of this beauty an easy one!!!

The Apple tablet is far less than ANYONE anticipated. :(

Quick update...not a lot done, i am finishing another pattern in the next couple of weeks and then i will be back on this, i am hoping to still get end of march but it may be april, I do plan on taking this V2 to Wonderfest in may, hopefully a built one.....

thanks

mike

Quick update...not a lot done, i am finishing another pattern in the next couple of weeks and then i will be back on this, i am hoping to still get end of march but it may be april, I do plan on taking this V2 to Wonderfest in may, hopefully a built one.....

thanks

mike

Awesome, I plan to be there and I'd love to see it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, the baby has kept me busier than i expected as well as some delays on another huge project that i have been doing for WonderFest. I do still fiddle with it from time to time but I don' think i can expect major progress until after Wonderfest. But his is still on and right now should be my major focus after Wonderfest. So much of this is done it would be a shame to not to finish it, in fact most of the heavy lifting on the rework is done, and the finer detail stuff is the part I enjoy doing the most so i am still motivated to get it done, time just flies by with a baby in the house.....

thanks again and sorry for the delay is updates...

mike

Any new progress on the monster? :)

Hey Guys, the baby has kept me busier than i expected as well as some delays on another huge project that i have been doing for WonderFest. I do still fiddle with it from time to time but I don' think i can expect major progress until after Wonderfest. But his is still on and right now should be my major focus after Wonderfest. So much of this is done it would be a shame to not to finish it, in fact most of the heavy lifting on the rework is done, and the finer detail stuff is the part I enjoy doing the most so i am still motivated to get it done, time just flies by with a baby in the house.....

thanks again and sorry for the delay is updates...

mike

No problem!! We can wait :p

What is the huge project for Wonderfest?? secret?? :lol:

Oh hey, and someday when you get the bug to do another Macross project, that 2500 scale SDF-1 would still be pretty darn awesome, Yamato's 2K scale wasn't really reasonable for anyone other than the ultra-fan with deep pockets, at least one other guy talked about doing a 2500 scale kit and decided not to. I know I still want one :)

It's always on my mind.....I was really, really thinking about a 1/2000 TV one...I have a guy that does 3d stuff for me now for some of the more complicated stuff, in fact on the big AT AT the neck, drive units, and a handfull of other parts are "grown" parts. I also did a 1/12 TOS BSG viper and almost 1/3 of that was "grown" parts. Now that we have worked on a few projects together we have a good groove going where i can do the bigger stuff with traditional methods and really tricky stuff gets done in the computer. I really need to hammer out this AT AT and the monster and think about what comes next, I have more ideas than i have time is usually the issue with me....

mike

Oh hey, and someday when you get the bug to do another Macross project, that 2500 scale SDF-1 would still be pretty darn awesome, Yamato's 2K scale wasn't really reasonable for anyone other than the ultra-fan with deep pockets, at least one other guy talked about doing a 2500 scale kit and decided not to. I know I still want one :)

It's always on my mind.....I was really, really thinking about a 1/2000 TV one...I have a guy that does 3d stuff for me now for some of the more complicated stuff, in fact on the big AT AT the neck, drive units, and a handfull of other parts are "grown" parts. I also did a 1/12 TOS BSG viper and almost 1/3 of that was "grown" parts. Now that we have worked on a few projects together we have a good groove going where i can do the bigger stuff with traditional methods and really tricky stuff gets done in the computer. I really need to hammer out this AT AT and the monster and think about what comes next, I have more ideas than i have time is usually the issue with me....

mike

Good to hear, I know I'll be patiently waiting to see what comes up.

That 1/12 viper kit is incredible. The build up that I think Moffeaton? is doing with the LCD display in the cockpit is really incredible stuff. I just wish I had room for some of the cool stuff you've done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm done as of today, leaving for WF tomorrow. Going to take a little break for a few days after and break out the monster and start playing around with it. I hope people are still interested, pending it coming out good...

How's the WonderFest Project coming along? That's next weekend, right?