Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Yikes...

Me want!!!

wf_SNAKE.jpg

Good luck man, 150 pieces are sold at event-only, and the other 350 pieces are raffled out to Japan residents. Even with Yahoo Japan auctions, expect to fork over more than $500 for one of these.

yeah, that's why i don't buy any medicom figures... too rich for my blood. Even that $99 Venom is too much for me... but they sure are cool!

Oooh~! Always wanted a great looking 12" Snake figure for a while now, but was sold out everywhere I go or the price was jacked up ridiculously. I just found one on ebay with pretty good price in the Zombie paint. There is like one or two left if you want to look. Hope the seller is legit, then I can score one without paying that much extra. ;)

Love the red square cameo, but can live without the face paint. The other version with the crocodile head is awesome! :lol: But don't like the outfit as much.

Coool! B))

• 2 weeks later...

oooohhhh riiight!! My medicom Venom just came in from overseas!! Dayum this figure looks sooo good in person! I recommend it if you can find it for cheap! ;):p:D:lol:

Anybody here getting the new lupin III figs comin' out? The sculpts are a lot closer to the anime (not so much the manga, sadly), and the Jigen fig comes with a giant machine gun and pink crown....so cool...

new lupin figures? Are these by medicom? Because medicom must've made like 20 of these figures already. You have any pictures of these?

Anybody here getting the new lupin III figs comin' out? The sculpts are a lot closer to the anime (not so much the manga, sadly), and the Jigen fig comes with a giant machine gun and pink crown....so cool...

I'm very tempted, but I stopped buying 1/6 figures a while back. I've actually got my original 12" Medicom Lupin on Ebay right now (tried selling it here, nobody wanted it).

Yeah, for some reason Medicom is making a whole new series of the lupin figs, and MAAAAAAAN are they nice...I think they're pretty cool, but my only problem is that they don't capture the soul of Monkey Punch's designs...which would be hard to do, anyway, since his drawing style is so sketchy.

Anyway, here's the new figs:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDSC-47

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDSC-50

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDSC-51

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDSC-52

i really like those Lupin figures, but i am trying (and i use that term lightly) to conserve cash and not collect to many things from different series. :rolleyes:

i just noticed that the geisha is from GITS, i have seen some pics of the anime with the geishas face opened up so you can see the mechanics on the inside , i know he says the head can open up i wonder if there is any real detail in there.

chris

• 1 year later...

Actually, I've been bitten by the 12" bug quite recently... especially with all the new stuff from Hot Toys, DC Direct, Sideshow, and Medicom. I just got tired of all the little 3 3/4" figures cluttering up my space. Now I can have great big figure boxes cluttering up my space.

That black costume Spidey is sweet. From Medicom's superhero line, I've only picked up Cyclops (my favourite X-Man). However, I've got all the Star Wars line (now all we need is a Boba Fett), and the two newly released Cool Girl Gatchaman Jun figures (to match the less inspiring North American releases of Ken and Joe). Plus, I've got the Rocketeer on pre-order.

Also waiting for the Hot Toys Robocop and ED-209, and from Sideshow Han Solo from ESB and the Hot Toys Colonial Marines "reprints". Oh yeah... preordered the 12" Hikaru too.

I'm gonna have to put together some insane sorta diorama once these all arrive, along with all my other 12" figures, just to take a picture of them all together. :lol:

"Man dolls" be damned... :D

Edited by Penguin

Actually, I've been bitten by the 12" bug quite recently... especially with all the new stuff from Hot Toys, DC Direct, Sideshow, and Medicom. I just got tired of all the little 3 3/4" figures cluttering up my space. Now I can have great big figure boxes cluttering up my space.

That black costune Spidey is sweet. From Medicom's superhero line, I've only picked up Cyclops (my favourite X-Man). However, I've got all the Star Wars line (now all we need is a Boba Fett), and the two newly released Cool Girl Gatchaman Jun figures (to match the less inspiring North American releases of Ken and Joe). Plus, I've got the Rocketeer on pre-order.

Also waiting for the Hot Toys Robocop and ED-209, and from Sideshow Han Solo from ESB and the Hot Toys Colonial Marines "reprints". Oh yeah... preordered the 12" Hikaru too.

I'm gonna have to put together some insane sorta diorama once these all arrive, along with all my other 12" figures, just to take a picture of them all together.  :lol:

"Man dolls" be damned...  :D

410629[/snapback]

That is my general sentiment. Save a few really awesome figures, I'm getting rid of most of my small figures in favor of 1/6. They just flat out look better.

Edited by GobotFool

I have Medicom's 12" Gridman figure (which is under the Super Action Heroes? I think? line) which is really cool except the stupid shoulder armor is not actually attached and you have to come up with a way to attach it yourself, double sided tape or something. LAME. Looks exactly like the guy wearing the costume in the show though (Gridman or Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad if you like).

Not counting Garage Kit, the Rei & Auska Medicom figures will have to be the most beautiful off the shelf Eva figure products out there...how can you beat a leather plug suit and Auska's hair freaking moves!!! :rolleyes:

It might be pricy, but they have all the potential of being a collector items in a few years time...providing Medicom does not make release after realese...

I'd love a set of Rei and Asuka figures from Medicom but they're waaaaay outta my price range.

410672[/snapback]

• 6 months later...

I have the metal gear solid 3 doll, its the one with the crocodile head, looks bad ass and very pose able, Snake also looks mean with the eye patch. Should i be calling him Snake or Big Boss. I got the doll sometime last year maybe a bit further back from ebay, it cost $140. This would be my first and last doll from Medicom, way too expensive! :unsure:

Yeah. I collect quite a few Medicoms, but never really like their Spidermans. Think they did a much better job on their Japanese heroes than the Americans in general, with a few exceptions. Though they did improve a bit from their first Spider-man movie one. That one was horrible.

Edited by mpchi

actually the only spiderman figure I liked was the one medicom did based off the mcfarlane drawing. They also did venom and black spidey. The carnage was based off mark bagley's drawing. So those were the best spidey series of figures ever made by medicom.