Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I also spotted what might be super parts attached next to both sides of the rudder.

If it's those parts next to the tailfin on both sides I dunno what to call them. I just call them the missile pods as Scyla has a pic of them opened above. I believe they are underneath also.

If it's those parts next to the tailfin on both sides I dunno what to call them. I just call them the missile pods as Scyla has a pic of them opened above. I believe they are underneath also.

2 wrongs in a day. I just realized that those are the parts that launch missiles. :lol: I need to re-watch it again in slow-mo.

I am a bit concerned how well Bandai is going to pull off this toy. First of all the wings have to split open so the boosters can attach, plus the wings can rotate like on the YF-29. I hope there's some sort of locking mechanism because I can see things getting loose. I know it's not common but with the super parts for the 29 on some people did have loose/rotating engines. Hopefully Bandai has learned from that.

Also, the toy is looking very 17-ish in that it's a lot thicker than the actual animation model appears.

maybe the trim only shows/glows when, um, excited?

would be interesting to see that in the toys.

i don't know which gundam series, but i see some models being sold that have an alternate mode where the "power lines" show up. perhaps it's something along those lines.

It would be funny if there's a stealth version without the markings and the normal one just so they can release 2 variants of each plane. :lol:

A really bulky upper torso and arms would be a nice contrast to the thin lanky -31, or just about every other valk out there, for that matter. The VF-31's forearms are really thin...they don't look right even to me, and I like lanky bots. If the Sv-262 ends up being a little bulky, that'd be a welcome departure from the norm.

Wondering if it'll be as cool as the Vf-27...still one of the best looking enemy mecha...perhaps the arms are much larger than the legs, if speculation is that more of the fuselage forms the body and arms...

A really bulky upper torso and arms would be a nice contrast to the thin lanky -31, or just about every other valk out there, for that matter. The VF-31's forearms are really thin...they don't look right even to me, and I like lanky bots. If the Sv-262 ends up being a little bulky, that'd be a welcome departure from the norm.

From the looks from this snapshot, arms is probably 'thin' too with a bulky legs. Looks like the legs has the same rotating knee mechanism like the VF-171. Feels like the Arms is sandwiched between the legs just before the main jet exhaust. And it rotates somehow on top of each other. It's not as same as the VF-1's and VF-25's orientation where the arms lie beside one another. This one kinda feels like resting on top of each other. Or probably I just think too much. ;)

post-5552-0-19013800-1452104903_thumb.jpeg post-5552-0-30154200-1452104931_thumb.jpg

post-5552-0-00017300-1452104942_thumb.jpg

But it would be nice if this one is a lot bulkier than the 31 during Battroid mode. But from the looks of it, I doubt that's the case. And I have a feeling that this will also have the Frontier-angel-wing-syndrome. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

That's a very interesting shot Noel! I totally didn't notice it at all! Even after watching it 4 times now. So its a partial gerwalk and yes it does seem that they could be the arms that tuck in between the legs.

Actually that very lower part which you have highlighted in green is the gunpod/turret thing which we know of already and the other green highlighted part directly above that might be the arms with only one being visible in the shot and sitting directly beside it.

Also from what I can tell then the SV-262 does indeed have two engines which appear to merge into one combined exhaust when the legs and feet sections come together in fighter mode.

Edited by spanner76

That's a very interesting shot Noel! I totally didn't notice it at all! Even after watching it 4 times now. So its a partial gerwalk and yes it does seem that they could be the arms that tuck in between the legs.

Actually that very lower part which you have highlighted in green is the gunpod/turret thing which we know of already and the other green highlighted part directly above that might be the arms with only one being visible in the shot and sitting directly beside it.

Also from what I can tell then the SV-262 does indeed have two engines which appear to merge into one combined exhaust when the legs and feet sections come together in fighter mode.

You're right. I mistakenly identify the bottom part. I forgot the gun turret thing underneath. ;) But still, even if we remove that as part of the gunpod/turret thing, we can't expect that the arms are thicker than 31's. We can assume now that transformation-wise by looking at the snapshot from the episode, it's doesn't have that YF-21 feel anymore. Probably the nearest one will be the VF-171.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but did anyone noticed that the lead SV-262 has a different nose section to the others in the squad? Its slightly longer and has a few minor detail differences. So it would seem that this fighter will also have variants too. Again many apologies if this has been previously covered..

Edited by spanner76

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but did anyone noticed that the lead SV-262 has a different nose section to the others in the squad? Its slightly longer and has a few minor detail differences. So it would seem that this fighter will also have variants too. Again many apologies if this has been previously covered..

Apologies, Spanner. You know that by now that if someone verifies this, you're going to hurt your wallet more, right? Variants times three modes for you, correct? Hehehe. :lol:

It's a wait and see for me for this lot at the moment. Essential to have all the VF-31s x2, but let's see how much Kawamori love is in the design before I'm grabbing the whole squadron...maybe some might end up as web exclusives due to their similarities. Hell, at least you can differentiate the 31s by their contrasting colours!

I have a nagging feeling landing gears will be passe in delta's era somehow.

This is due to lack of wheel bay doors (or it seems well hidden) on the 31's, and cant really see one below the nose of the 262 either.

The fact that 262s gunpod is huge, even with gunpod wings folded, would mean any wheels would be extra long and be a problem to tuck away in a toy.

Perhaps valks in delta will stand rocket launcher style ala M0, in a hanger.

The VF-31 prototype does have the outlines of nose gear doors etched into it, so there is some hope.

I'm just waiting for Bandai to actually show something new. The only VF-31 they've shown so far is the same exact half-baked prototype that's missing half the details and more than half of the transformation mechanism. You can tell from all the fighter pics that the entire legs are still solid pieces from the intake back.

The solid structure of the legs in the 31 is a clue of missing landing gears. No hatch openings anywhere....i suspect that to be the case too in the drakens.

Seeing at how Delta is going into areas some deem non-macross'y', it would be no biggie if landing gears arent needed anymore.

With walkure's having glowing abilities for them to fly around, maybe the pilots dont even need to climb into the valks, just float into them while parked in gerwalk...lol... ;)

I have a nagging feeling landing gears will be passe in delta's era somehow.

This is due to lack of wheel bay doors (or it seems well hidden) on the 31's, and cant really see one below the nose of the 262 either.

The fact that 262s gunpod is huge, even with gunpod wings folded, would mean any wheels would be extra long and be a problem to tuck away in a toy.

Perhaps valks in delta will stand rocket launcher style ala M0, in a hanger.

I was under the impression that the VF-31 showed during the Macross Delta events was a non-functioning prototype without any working joints or features. Thus I would assume the folks at Bandai didn't take the time to sculpt in landing gear doors.

The prototype of the SV-262 looks more like a transformable prototype and I think you can make out even doors for the landing gears. They look small though and the landing gear needs to be pretty long to facilitate the gun-pod. The fin on the gun has an hinge to fold away I can't think why this would be if it wasn't for landing the craft in Fighter-Mode.

I think they could have gotten rid of the landing gear a long time ago if the wanted to so why do away with it now?

I need the landing gear to display my Valkyries they are just too damn big with stands, especially the Bandai ones.

[edit:] Here is the image I was talking about. I included some highlights to show what I think is the rear landing gear door in yellow. The part, whatever it is, is only on the underside of the Valkyrie and due to the way I think the legs work would serve no other purpose than being landing gear doors. The area on the nosecone (highlight pink) could be for the front landing gear. The shape looks odd but who knows what the Drakens are up to. ^_^

post-18307-0-81599500-1452670547_thumb.png

Edited by Scyla

I was under the impression that the VF-31 showed during the Macross Delta events was a non-functioning prototype without any working joints or features. Thus I would assume the folks at Bandai didn't take the time to sculpt in landing gear doors.

The prototype of the SV-262 looks more like a transformable prototype and I think you can make out even doors for the landing gears. They look small though and the landing gear needs to be pretty long to facilitate the gun-pod. The fin on the gun has an hinge to fold away I can't think why this would be if it wasn't for landing the craft in Fighter-Mode.

I think they could have gotten rid of the landing gear a long time ago if the wanted to so why do away with it now?

I need the landing gear to display my Valkyries they are just too damn big with stands, especially the Bandai ones.

[edit:] Here is the image I was talking about. I included some highlights to show what I think is the rear landing gear door in yellow. The part, whatever it is, is only on the underside of the Valkyrie and due to the way I think the legs work would serve no other purpose than being landing gear doors. The area on the nosecone (highlight pink) could be for the front landing gear. The shape looks odd but who knows what the Drakens are up to. ^_^

attachicon.gifsv_262_underside.png

Hmm i gather that the 31 is way past prototype and is almost ready to go. From the akiba exhibit sure looks done...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFDP7DDrR8k

But anyway i brought that up in the 31 thread, so wont discuss the 31 too much here...

It occured to me that the draken maybe in the same situation. Yes, the highlight you did could be an indicator of landing bays on the draken.

1. However if you try to imagine it, thats a heck of a fold-away assembly into the bay, which not to mention the bay would need to be very deep indeed.

2. And with such long landing gear at that position, it would look more like flying saucer landing pads, and i duno how i like that on the draken.

3. I suspect the front bays are more for the hip joints to lock into the fuselage in battroid mode, due to the size and shape. I dont think front landing gears are that huge...

Those are my thoughts...i actually had them while lying in bed last night! :lol::lol:

oh yea and to answer your question on why now, you have to admit battroid looks nicer if you dont see openings for landing gears on the legs.

It could be a design aesthetic after years of visible door bays. Or like i said its breaking new ground for a new series.

I was just wondering due to the lack of parked on the ground valk pics, plus the size of the underneath gunpod...

Edited by seti88

It just occurred to me the the hardpoints on the wings are likely how the ghosts/drones are going to be secured on to the wings, like how the VF-19 Advance's Super parts do. The 262's wings will fold over, probably revealing a slot. The ghost/drone tabs into the slot, and a portion of it snaps into the hardpoint.

It just occurred to me the the hardpoints on the wings are likely how the ghosts/drones are going to be secured on to the wings, like how the VF-19 Advance's Super parts do. The 262's wings will fold over, probably revealing a slot. The ghost/drone tabs into the slot, and a portion of it snaps into the hardpoint.

Am not too sure about that although it may seem logical.

The ghosts in the episode cound rotate, hence requiring a attachment point that could rotate with it as well.

The wingtips of the drakens should be able to rotate. Boy talk abt potential stress points! :o

btw, i could not see it clearly in the episode if the wing tips also rotated or somehow its just the ghost body that did..

Edited by seti88

From looking at pic right in the silver area if your looking from the rear, I think the rear wheel wells will have ample space for a hinged type gear like the VF-19 Advance. Also, looking at the screen caps above it looks like the drones rotate while the wingtips remain folded facing forward. Maybe they mount like the SV-51 but hopefully more secured but the underside photo looks like the hardpoint area is on a pivot.

• 4 weeks later...