Battleship Movie

Dangaioh

I can't wait for the bandwagon to be catalyzed by this movie. Soon we will have the following titles hump the silver screen too!... for starters Monopoly, Operation, Connect-4, and the aforementioned Twister.

Monopoly the movie

In November 2008, Ridley Scott was announced to direct Universal Pictures' film version of the game, based on a script written by Pamela Pettler and Alex Hyner. The film is co-produced by Hasbro's Brian Goldner, as part of a deal with Hasbro to develop movies based on the company's line of toys. The story is being developed by author Frank Beddor.

I heard Real Steel is based on Rock-em Sock-em Robots.

No, it's based of the short story "steel" by Richard Matheson (I am Legend, The Shrinking Man, What Dreams May Come, etc.)

People just make fun of it as being Rock-em Sock-em Robots the movie because that's what it looks like.

So far, I've been aboard the New Jersey twice. From what I understand, it's still under restoration. The two times that I was there, the lower decks still weren't open to the public. I'd love to see the New Jersey's engine room one day.

Yeah, it's a great ship to visit. We went to the Garden State Craft Brewers Beer Festival three years in a row. The price of admission gets you the walking tour of the ship (saw something new every time) and at the end of the tour, a beer festival on the helipad. We "got lost" from the tour's path a couple of times. Once we got caught but I started talking with the guy and he realized I wasn't just screwing around and was truly interested in the ship, so he took us on an indirect route to get back to the tour path. Didn't see anything awe-inspiring except for a peek into the grandeur of the ship itself.

Edited by the white drew carey

The New Jersey is right in Camden. I find it a bit strange that the New Jersey is the only one of the Iowa class that's actually in the state that it's named after.

So far, I've been aboard the New Jersey twice. From what I understand, it's still under restoration. The two times that I was there, the lower decks still weren't open to the public. I'd love to see the New Jersey's engine room one day.

While its not a Iowa class, the South Dakota class(the class that immediatly preceeded the Iowa) USS Massachusetts is located in the state it was named after. Its docked at Fall River in Battleship cove alongside the USS USS Joseph P. Kennedy Jr destroyer, USS Lionfish sub, two PT boats, and the Hindensee a soviet built missile corvette. If you ever get a chance to check it out I highly recommend it. Most of the lower decks(including the engine room) are open to explore, and its one heck of a museum ship. Theres actually quite a few museum ships in massachusetts the USS Salem heavy cruiser, USS Cassin Young estroyer, and old Ironsides herself the USS Constitution to name a few.

Now about the New Jersey not having its lower decks open to the public, its sister ship the Wisconsin wwas the same way when I visited it in Norfolk. I was told it was because the ship was still in the navy reserve, and could be recalled at any moment. The New Jersey might be the same way.

Edited by renegadeleader1

• 5 months later...

This entire film should have been in done with stop motion photography with actual pieces from the game BATTLESHIP. All characters could have been voiced by James Earl Jones, and the various characters of Eddie Murphy (by Eddie Murphy) in Coming to America. The aliens could have been pieces from the game, hungry hungry hippos.

I'm all for Navy movies, but could it be something else other than aliens or at least not having the title be to a board game based on sinking somebody else's navy? Rhianna as a sailor who just happens to go on a RHIB is laughable, that would either be a BM, MA or a GM/AO on the minigun. I don't want to see Liam Neeson in this either, it just doesn't suit him. Plus, the Mighty MO? We'd never sail her again. :rolleyes:

...and the various characters of Eddie Murphy (by Eddie Murphy) in Coming to America.

Better yet, get his brother Charlie. He's even funnier at voiceover work.

Damn, did they really use sound effects from Transformers? This is not good, especially for Liam Neeson.

At this point, I'd wager Liam's probably thinking: two tears in a bucket, fu*# it--it's a paycheck! :p

Edited by reddsun1

Damn, did they really use sound effects from Transformers? This is not good, especially for Liam Neeson.

As much as I would like to bust on this movie, the trailer is most likely just using placeholder sound effects. Then again, making a movie on a silly board game - anything is possible.

Christ man, does Liam Neeson owe huge amounts of debt to the mob, or something? Or maybe his advanced age has affected his sensibilities? That trailer is BAD...

It's been a while since I played the Battleship board game or as it was back in my day, pen and paper game, but I don't recall aliens ever being in the game.

Nice to see my hometown getting attacked in a couple of scenes in the trailer though.

Graham

Wait what? Aliens that loose the abilty to fly out to space once they reach earth and no pew pew lasers? guess bad exit strategy is rampant among the universe and no lasers... cmon aliens and lasers go hand and hand like alcholics and beer even cowboys and aliens had flasy pew pew and I rage vomit when I was force to watch that on my duty day.

I have the Battleship 2014 boardgame and i'm sad that the movie has nothing to do with the aliens depicted in it. Then again the story for the boardgame was cookie cutter stuffso might be for the better.