Mature Power Rangers fan film

Dobber

I never watched Power Rangers. Perhaps I was too old. I do remember people talking about it and hearing that opening "Go, Go, Power Rangers" song from time to time. What this fan film did is make me interested in the original Japanese / American show. I didn't get a lot of stuff in this short. I only put together some things from the producer's interview. Stuff about what would happen to young kids fighting a war when they get older. I didn't get the twist ending either.

Any notable episodes fans here think I should check out?

Also, I think I didn't watch Power Rangers because it reminded me of another older Japanese / American show called Spectreman. That seemed more serious and kind of scary when I was a kid. Seeing that guy turned into a robot and fighting giant creatures. I think the main bad guy was also like the apes in Planet of the Apes. Which was also unsettling. At least at my age then.

I did a search, it seems like someone else is looking for the Spectreman image used in the ending credits. It's a big pan illustration. Anyone here have that? Perhaps from a Japanese magazine or book from the time.

When watching this, I thought of an interview I read with Alan Moore, where he talked about taking beloved childhood characters and making them dark 'n' gritty, and saying, "it was an experiment. Not a school of writing."

I wish the people making this film had read the same interview.

I would like to read this interview.

Um... What was "mature" about that? We seriously need to find a new word for this kind of stuff.

I think the definition as seen below is correct.

From dictionary.com
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mature

Mature: "intended for or restricted to adults, especially by reason of explicit sexual content or the inclusion of violence or obscene language:
mature movies."

If you guys don't like the short that's fine...honestly I could take it or leave it...but now some of you are reaching new highs on what to bitch about....complaining about how I titled the thread. Lol.

Chris

Edited by JetJockey