A veteran returns.

jaimanstone

Hey guys,

I was an extremely active member of macrossworld.com when it first came online. I would say I was most active around the 2001-2002. I left for a couple of years and did not have access to a computer due to being away from home. When I returned I remember the site went under some sort of upgrade or server migration or something and all the old profiles/posts etc. were lost. That kind of took the wind out of my sails for the site. Was sitting around today and "macrossworld.com" popped into my head and I remembered what an important site it was to me back then. Decided to stop back by and say hello.

So, hello!

One of my shining moments that some may remember, was creating a really poor website on geocities (wow I feel old) that announced a "Macross Movie" which I then populated with photos of the characters next to actors that I felt would be believable. The antics of a teenager, ah, those were the days.

I also purchased some resin heads on the Macrossworld forums from a customizer (can't remember his name :/) that was, as I remember, the best there was. His customs were selling for $600+ on ebay at the time (15 years agoish). The heads were were custom sculpted/cast for the Bandai/Jetfire figures and I attempted to make a serious custom Valkyrie. I remember I actually did a decent job, even sculpting a new sharp nose on the Jetfire figure. My real mistake was using grey primer as I had to then coat the hell out of it with white paint. Kinda blew that one, but it was a fun learning experience.

I noticed the site has a facebook page now and am wondering if there are any good macross/robotech facebook toys trading groups on facebook that would be good to join. I'm feeling like it would be a lot of fun to rebuild my Bandai 1/55 reissue collection.

Thanks!

Jaimanstone

Edited by jaimanstone

I remember that thread, I wondered what happened to the guy who made that, a lot of members have not come back for a while so I be the first to say welcome back.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Welcome back! :). I also just recently came back to the boards after some time away. I don't know of any facebook groups, but there is a Buy/Sell/Trade section here on MW that you can see & post in after you have made several posts. (Sorry, don't know the exact number). But, it shouldn't be too hard to find some Chunky Monkeys looking for a new home. Good luck!

Melissa

The most luck I've had in looking for chunky monkeys is on eBay. Quality varies dramatically and about the cheapest you can get one for is $35 loose, with no armor or extras. A few sell every day. One I got recently was incredibly yellowed and rusted, another very white. If you just want a clean version and don't mind parting with $60, however, look for yeoldjetfireshop on eBay. He always a few nicer ones around that price.