Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Now if they can announce a mold they haven't done before as well and I'll be even happier!

My question is, what's left that will sell? Between Yamato and Arcadia, not counting what Bandai is allowed to make, there's very little left in terms of Valks. 9, 14, 3000 and 5000, the Maxl... that's about it. Would any of those sell to anyone other than us? Much as I'd like to own them I can't fathom any sort of market that would support it.

Wow, nice. I wonder does this open up the possibility that they might make more renewals of old stuff? Like updated arcadia mac plus valks to go along with the arcadia yf-19?

Edited by cyde01

My question is, what's left that will sell? Between Yamato and Arcadia, not counting what Bandai is allowed to make, there's very little left in terms of Valks. 9, 14, 3000 and 5000, the Maxl... that's about it. Would any of those sell to anyone other than us? Much as I'd like to own them I can't fathom any sort of market that would support it.

I think Zero tends to be for diehards too though. I'd hope they do a 2ss before redoing the SVs, myself. But it's all wishful thinking on my part.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think those hip wings on the Arcadia 0S is a mistake.

I think only the 0D has hip wings.

100% agree. since they're recycling the mold, they prob grabbed parts quickly and assembled it together.

the only parts that may be resin are the new shape wings and head sculpts. most of the body looks recycled from the 0d parts.

Yup I'm thinking that it was a rush job too as the VF-0A fighter has those wingtips but the VF-0S gerwalk and VF-0A battroid doesn't. Both CAD's don't have them but the OD one does. This announcement came just in time as one of my VF-0 arms broke. Off to Shapeways for a repair order till these get issued.

Edited by wmkjr

Quote function doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason..

Maybe I should say, while there are a few details that look different, I personally don't see them as anything noteworthy to the design that would make me want to buy another one. The changes are things that 99% of people who ever see the design would probably never even notice.

I'm glad people will be able to get new ones with more sturdy construction, but I don't think I can justify the purchase when it's just going to make me want to shove the old one in the closet, or sell it and never get back what I put into it.

If they go on clearance, or offer up a new color, I might grab one, but I think the 0D will satisfy my curiosity about the new mold. :)

I know I am probably the only one but I am actually pretty disappointed by these announcements.

I own four 0s (two S and two A) and none of them had a single qc issue. I know I have to consider myself a very lucky guy and I understand that arcadia released these models also to be able to fix the previous problems. But honestly I do not think that the look of the models can be improved that much. Or at least cannot be improved so much to justify a 300 usd.(kinda the same thing that happened with the new YF-19 release for me). I mean the yamato models had the pilot seat turning while transforming…can it get any better than that? I don’t think so.

Judging from the pics posted I can already tell that I still prefer my old 0s in fighter mode. Battroid seems a little slimmer but as I said before for me, the design of these models cannot be improved so much from the old ones.

I will probably buy the S to get the reactive armor once released but for the rest I was really hoping for something new or different.

Awesome news!

Very happy to see Arcadia doing this sooner than we expect it.

The reactive armor is pretty much a sure thing, from what I can garner, Arcadia just showed us how the Reactive armor will most likely attach. The chest, shoulder, leg and arms pretty much slide and click like the GBP-1S, the crotch is part of the chest, and the side hip packs will attach in the peg used for the 0D hip wing.

I guess I'll have to get 2 of each. hoping they can be under 300 at least. :ph34r:

Soooo.....-0B and -0C next....or will we need to buy doubles of the -0D and -0A to Frankenstein them up?

_aircraft_airplane_highres_jet_macross_m

10077898.jpg

That's my very question, because I love the VF-0B shape, so I could eventually buy the Grey VF-0D and a spare Grey VF-0A if both grey match and combine them to make a Grey VF-0B.

But I would be very upset if VF-0B is made later with the award winning red/blue/white paint schem!

I'm likely in for one of each. I plan to have a bare VF-0D, an armored VF-0S and a VF-0A with the Ghost booster. Hopefully after the release of the VF-0D we are able to tell if there are attachment points for the armor. Even better would be an announcement by Arcadia before preorders open. I think a armor add-on set for the VF-0S would help boost sales for the toy given the similar look to the previous Phoenix.

Soooo.....-0B and -0C next....or will we need to buy doubles of the -0D and -0A to Frankenstein them up?

I wonder how modular these will be to Frankenstein up. Sounds like it would take quite a bit of heavy customization.

As long as there isn't too much glue I think it shouldn't be too hard to swap the nose sections if they are constructed like the Yamato VF-0's being if they are the same fit on the rear.

Edited by wmkjr

Guest davidwhangchoi

i swapped vf-1 nose sections between s,j,a and they are a perfect fit. the only nose sections i haven't tried to a swap between are the two seaters (ve-1, vt-1, vf-d, virgin road) which have a fatter canopy window vs. one seaters (1a,j,s).

Kurisama already showed the -0C would work.....so as far as that type is concerned...I would just wonder what "non-canon" scheme Arcadia would produce as I have a feeling that they would not pay Hasegawa for their version....but who knows for sure....maybe something out of the MasterFiles book?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I would just wonder what "non-canon" scheme Arcadia would produce as I have a feeling that they would not pay Hasegawa for their version....

i agree with this, it's not worth the money for arcadia

I know it's been said before, but for God's sake Arcadia, you need to start milking moulds (a la Bandai)

If Wonderfest 2016 doesn't have a VF-0D in the VF-31esque scheme above, you're missing a trick and will follow in the illustrious steps of your predecessors Yamato.
I'm still on the fence with the -0D and this has muddied the waters further.
There better be a Roy -0S in the pipeline too.

Edit - Ok so there is a -0S - don't mind me

Edited by Moosey