Official Macross posters

TheLoneWolf

Very impressive to see all 6 vol. of Mac II posters, but wait... there is a 7th!

There is also a Vol. 0... it's even more rare! :lol:

I'm rather impressed with Solscud007's complete set of Macross II LD advertisement posters. I've seen individuals here and there, but the full set of six is quite cool to see.

Yeah, I got outbid on the Vol 0 Macross II poster about 3 years ago. I was surprised to see it wasnt you xstoys :)

One of the guys who founded US Renditions sold a bunch of them, but he only had one of the Vol 0 posters.

Its not really that impressive since its the same image as the Maross II Bandai model poster If I remember :p

Very impressive to see all 6 vol. of Mac II posters, but wait... there is a 7th!

feel free to post your autographed plus poster and your double sized poster collection. Like your DYRL variant. hehe

JasonC: I for got all about that Super VF-1S poster.I got swindled into paying $50 for a cheap KO. Which is actually bigger than the real thing. One way to tell if it is real is the folds (unless you are lucky enough to get one without folds like my perfect memory poster) and the fact that Nausicaa Valley of the Wind is on the back side of that poster.

Edited by Solscud007

Here are a few rare Macross posters I brought to the last MW Con.

You will notice that there are 2 variant Macross DYRL double sized posters. Look for the the logo palcements on each one.

The other is a rare double sized "Kawamori autographed" Macross Zero poster. I also have the matching "Kawamori skecth/autographed" 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru.

In the background you can also see the large poster sized hanken cels of the VF-1J cutaway section, the SDF-1 Battle Fortress cutaway & SDF-1 Cruiser cutaway. These can be see better in the other thread about Macross cel collections.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

feel free to post your autographed plus poster and your double sized poster collection. Like your DYRL variant. hehe

post-442-1232437770_thumb.jpg

post-442-1232437842_thumb.jpg

post-442-1232437870_thumb.jpg

Edited by xstoys

Next up are the Victor Records posters. Unlike the Seika Note posters, there is no BW product sticker, but there is a Yen price. Not sure what that means...

Coolest thing about Victor posters is that each poster coincides with an album release so its fun to try and collect the matching album for each poster.

First up is the Macross TV Vol 1 poster:

VICTORTV4.JPG

Edited by Totoro242

Yeah, I got outbid on the Vol 0 Macross II poster about 3 years ago. I was surprised to see it wasnt you xstoys :)

If you two are talking about this poster, I've seen it up for auction in Japan starting at 1,000 yen but not guaranteed to be necessarily mint:

ishtarmy6.th.jpg

I've also seen some of the Seika Note posters before, but don't think I've seen that "Minmay+Hikaru+Misa=Macross" artwork as a poster before.

Edited by veffidas

This may be an OT question, but many of you talk about a Japanese auction site. If this is a case, what is the link? The only site I'm aware of is good ol' ebay. Is there another one that has this sort of stuff? BTW, to be back on topic, I always liked that poster of Ishtar. The only ones I have of that are the back of the model kit instructions for the 1/100 VF-2SS.

This may be an OT question, but many of you talk about a Japanese auction site. If this is a case, what is the link? The only site I'm aware of is good ol' ebay. Is there another one that has this sort of stuff? BTW, to be back on topic, I always liked that poster of Ishtar. The only ones I have of that are the back of the model kit instructions for the 1/100 VF-2SS.

Yahoo Japan Auctions:

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

Rinkya.com is a deputy service that helps you buy stuff on YJA and has an awesome search engine:

http://www.rinkya.com/

Be warned, buying on YJA is an addictive experience and soon all your money will be gone. Also, shipping and deputy fees are a klller so even though something seems like a good deal for 500 yen, in reality it will cost more like 2000 - 3000 yen after all is said and done ;)

This existing thread will help answer your questions.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=14436

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I don't have a photo at the moment (since all my posters are stored somewhere at my parents' house in a closet behind all my old manga books and magazines), but does anyone have the promo poster with Minmay, Jeanne (from Southern Cross), and Mimsy (from Orguss)?

It features a watercolor of Minmay (in her Do You Remember costume), Mimsy in the center, and Jeanne squatting and pointing to the left. In the background, printed in metallic silver ink, are the heads of the VF-1S, the Orguss, and Jeanne's armor. It's signed by "Hal" (and looks like Mikimoto's style at the time) and Copyright Big West in the corner.

I bought it around 1993 from Mikado in SF Japantown, after the last Southern Cross came out on LD. I suspect it was a promo to celebrate the end of the SUper Dimesion series releases (Macross in 1989, Orguss in 1992, and Southern Cross in 1993), and it definitely doesn't look like a fake (Mikado was very reputable and sold all the promo posters that came with LDs, videos, and CDs for $10 each). Unfortunately, I can't find any information about it, whether on Japanese or English websites.

Edited by lynn2009

I don't have a photo at the moment (since all my posters are stored somewhere at my parents' house in a closet behind all my old manga books and magazines), but does anyone have the promo poster with Minmay, Jeanne (from Southern Cross), and Mimsy (from Orguss)?

It features a watercolor of Minmay (in her Do You Remember costume), Mimsy in the center, and Jeanne squatting and pointing to the left. In the background, printed in metallic silver ink, are the heads of the VF-1S, the Orguss, and Jeanne's armor. It's signed by "Hal" (and looks like Mikimoto's style at the time) and Copyright Big West in the corner.

I bought it around 1993 from Mikado in SF Japantown, after the last Southern Cross came out on LD. I suspect it was a promo to celebrate the end of the SUper Dimesion series releases (Macross in 1989, Orguss in 1992, and Southern Cross in 1993), and it definitely doesn't look like a fake (Mikado was very reputable and sold all the promo posters that came with LDs, videos, and CDs for $10 each). Unfortunately, I can't find any information about it, whether on Japanese or English websites.

Wow, that would be one of the rarest posters indeed if that was an official release. You really ahve to dig it out :)

Was it full-sized or smaller?

Wow, that would be one of the rarest posters indeed if that was an official release. You really ahve to dig it out :)

Was it full-sized or smaller?

It was a full-sized poster. The paper stock was a thicker than normal (similar to a Takahashi Mermaid's Forest poster I have). I'll see if I can dig mine up. I bought one and my brother bought one, and we really wish we could have bought the rest of them at the store at the time (there were four), but being only 15 at the time proved a little hard.