"This is Kalent Team. We have reached target area. Search underway. Fog is getting thicker. We believe the enemy may have exhausted their ammunition. At this point, we can handle this on our own.

"I sure as hell won't let that pervert Burning hog all the glory."

gundamgp02a11_zpshwiqlkce.jpg

Finally completed my RG Zeta Gundam. It's pretty complex, but not as nightmarish as other people claim it is. The articulation is slightly below the other RG kits because of its transformation gimmick. Speaking of which, you will need a lot of patience to get the transformation right; if you already have the MG Ver.2.0 kit, you know what to expect.

Overall, it's the best 1/144 Zeta Gundam kit, but that's because the HGUC kit is a floppy mess.

rgzetagundam01_zps7f6uhwd0.jpg

rgzetagundam02_zps8cyk8cxc.jpg

rgzetagundam03_zpssu4izmkq.jpg

rgzetagundam04_zpsgfga7wmr.jpg

rgzetagundam05_zpsestumqfh.jpg

rgzetagundam06_zpscwwbcyhs.jpg

rgzetagundam07_zpszpqvvmtc.jpg

rgzetagundam08_zpsxtfxxdqg.jpg

rgzetagundam09_zps56hr0azd.jpg

rgzetagundam10_zps6i6pfeil.jpg

rgzetagundam11_zps5lmfeimn.jpg

And here's a comparison with the old 1990 HG kit and the 2003 HGUC kit.

rgzetagundam12_zpshmpbvnln.jpg

rgzetagundam13_zpspjro8fut.jpg

rgzetagundam14_zpsgvmgdhva.jpg

rgzetagundam15_zpsiokeboug.jpg

I had issues with the RG Zeta, but it was the first Gunpla I'd seriously built. I found it to be much easier when I later built the RG Z-3, but it's still a fiddly enough kit that I didn't and won't bother to transform either.

Speaking of Sinanju, does anyone have any extra decals for one, like maybe if you guy the waterslides for the MG and didn't use the decals it came with? Could use some for a project.

Most of the old decals are being rereleased, hobby search has them listed for preorder on their gundam section. The hg sinanju is listed for sure, but I'm not completely sure about the mg although some of those sets listed are for mg kits and the mg sinanju may be on there.

Edited by Big s

Most of the old decals are being rereleased, hobby search has them listed for preorder on their gundam section. The hg sinanju is listed for sure, but I'm not completely sure about the mg although some of those sets listed are for mg kits and the mg sinanju may be on there.

Good to know. Right now they have the HG decals for preorder; the MG labels are still listed as "long sold out." But maybe they'll get a re-release later? I'll keep an eye.

or you can use generic marking from HIQparts. They have something that scales with 1/144 and 1/100.

That wouldn't be a bad suggestion, but I'm interested in markings that are specific to Sinanju. See, I got one of those Lunar White Xbox One controllers. Not a fan of the gold d-pad on an otherwise black-and-white controller. So took it apart and swapped the d-pad with a standard black controller... but while I had the controllers apart I painted the black faceplate with the same paint I used on my HGUC Sinanju. The now black, red, and gold controller reminds me of Sinanju, so I was hoping I could get some markings like a Neo Zeon emblem and the 10S that goes on the skirt to really make it a Sinanju controller.

so who on Macross World is getting RG Sinanju :) (raises hand)

I do all the RGs (even if my Wing is still sitting in the box), so I'm in even if I do consider the HGUC the highlight of my Gunpla collection. Not preordering though. I'll get it some time after release.

A quick photoshoot of my Nu Gundam Family. From left: SD Gundam BB Senshi #007 RX-93 Nu Gundam (1988), Vintage CCA 1/144 #8 RX-93 Nu Gundam (1988), HGUC 1/144 #086 RX-93 Nu Gundam (2008), SD Gundam BB Senshi #387 RX-93 Nu Gundam (2014).

On a side note, my mom and sister just arrived from Japan last night and brought me the old 1/144 Nu Gundam kit that I ordered over there. What I didn't realize was that it was a second-hand kit that was partially painted on the runners, so finishing someone else's job was a new challenge for me.

nugundam16_zpswjx2fgzb.jpg

One major gripe with the RG Sinanju, though (at least from the pics): Why beveled edges? Say what you will about how problematic the HGUC and MG are, at least their gold and black form suitably sharp angles with each other. The RG has noticeable and ugly crevasses along the border between black and gold parts.