2019 Zine: Issue 2 "Clash of the Bionoids"

replicant2019

That's what I'm talking about!

Looks very good from the preview pics.

So, issue 01 is out of print?

No digital downloads?

I'm likely to send you a pm soon with more

questions about Macross related doujinshi publication.

Issue 1 focus was street art and illustration. The idea is to change the topic with each issue. I have no plans to do another Macross zine.

I might post a digital version later. For now it's print only. The original idea behind the zine was to curate and archive some of the cool art I was seeing on Instagram - I don't expect these social networks to last forever but a printed copy can be read decades from now.

Ok, let me get this straight. You are not pressing with digital distrubution (ie kindle, nook, epub) becuase you don't think social networks will last forever? Then you only order a print run of 50 books, making any copies rare and hard to find? You do realize that a digital edition would cost far less and would reach a much wider audience? It can also create a demand for a print edition, or additional print runs. You are really limiting yourself by not putting on Kindle Direct Publishing at a minimum.

wider distribution was not a goal for this zine and neither was profit or digital distribution. it's a fan pub, not a real magazine or book.

I wanted a copy that I could save along with other printed books in my collection and to share with other fans. the demand has been right around 40-50 copies for each issue I print (pretty standard for most zines, and even self published comics like Eastman and Laird's pre-TMNT Gobbledygook books).

Edited by replicant2019

Curious - isn't more expensive to print such a limited run? In the quite provided from your printer, didn't they mention where economy of scale kicks in?

(ie: in purchasing bottle labels at a former employer, there was a line somewhere around the 5,000 to 10,000 mark where anything below that line, the total order price was the same, and above that line, although the total order price increased, the price per unit dropped drastically.)