Official Tamashii Web Shop Open for USA

joppewo

The HG problem will probably prevent Macross items being made available through the USA Web Shop.

Macross web exclusives are currently not available on the Hong Kong and Taiwan Tamashii Web shops.

Edited by IXTL

Dont be so quick to think it's HG, Bandai is big time friends with BW, HG doesnt own Frontier, so there's no reason they might not sell DX on this site.

Tamashi could put them up for sale, then HG would have to bring up a lawsuit, and then BW would get involved.

then HG would get shut down on this bullying crap with falsing that they own the name.

Dont be so quick to think it's HG, Bandai is big time friends with BW, HG doesnt own Frontier, so there's no reason they might not sell DX on this site.

Tamashi could put them up for sale, then HG would have to bring up a lawsuit, and then BW would get involved.

then HG would get shut down on this bullying crap with falsing that they own the name.

I would very much want to see that happen

damn, when will HG die

I assumed until they run out of money? Those people doesn't have imagination. Just limited to 'robotech'. Keep on clinging to something that doesn't materialize under their umbrella. Even starting a kickstarter for it. I'm not really against them but somehow their view on Macross property is so 80's for me. They can't move on nor they can't let go. :wacko:

I wonder if this will affect Bluefin Distribution or is Tamashii Nations a separate line?

It shouldn't really affect Bluefin at all. Bluefin distributes standard retail releases of Bandai products (Tamashii Nations being a name used to cover a wide series of Bandai figure lines), while the Tamashii Web Shop is used solely to sell web-exclusive items, The only potential issue could come from future Dragonball Z and Megaman figures. In the past, Bluefin was able to secure distribution rights for several DBZ/Megaman figures that were web exclusives in Japan. We'll have to wait and see if Bandai decides to keep future exclusives releases in those line to themselves, or if they will continue to give Bluefin the option to distribute them. Aside from the DBZ/Megaman exception, Bluefin has never been granted the rights to distribute any other web-exclusive items over standard retail, so it should all be business as usual.

The HG problem will probably prevent Macross items being made available through the USA Web Shop.

Macross web exclusives are currently not available on the Hong Kong and Taiwan Tamashii Web shops.

HG cannot prevent US consumers from importing items directly from japan, where BW has ownership of the trademark and copyright.

We can thank Yamato for that!