Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

• 4 weeks later...

I swear i just searched for Arcadia and didn't find this thread. This toy is on sale at HLJ now. 10% off and then at check out you get another 17% so total is like 26000 yen with today's exhange rate that's not too bad.

i think additional 3% if you opt to get their paypal arrangement

HLJ billed me today for my purchase. It came to 25995 after all discounts. It's 10% off, 15% on top of that, and 2% if you have a Paypal billing agreement so a total of 27% off. There's still some stock left (consider me not surprised). The HLJ website also appears to be operating a little more smoothly today.

HLJ billed me today for my purchase. It came to 25995 after all discounts. It's 10% off, 15% on top of that, and 2% if you have a Paypal billing agreement so a total of 27% off. There's still some stock left (consider me not surprised). The HLJ website also appears to be operating a little more smoothly today.

Did that include shipping?

I already have 2 of the old version from Yamato, and even with the discounts I cannot justify owning this release and I tend to buy all the Macross toys lol. I would still love to own all the little figures though, but would like valks to go with them all too. It could make a pretty nice display having all of the band members and all of the sound force valks behind them. I still think they should have made a drum set for Vefidas though.

I fully anticipate selling my Yamato versions and just holding onto the Arcadia version. I figure if I'm going to own the ugliest Macross valk then I want to own the glammy-est version of it I can find.

:lol:

Although the Arcadia 30th Anniversary VF-1J would like to have a word with you.

-b.

I fully anticipate selling my Yamato versions and just holding onto the Arcadia version. I figure if I'm going to own the ugliest Macross valk then I want to own the glammy-est version of it I can find.

I'd be interested, pm sent

• 4 months later...

So I can analyze it in a post on anymoon and then compare it to any other VF-19K toys that get made.

Arcadia-VF-19K-Giftset-6.jpg

As was foretold! The anymoon post has been updated to include the Arcadia VF-19Kai. Spoiler alert... there are no surprises.

If anyone is looking for a Yamato VF-19Kai and Soundbooster let me know! In all honesty, the Arcadia toy was to tight it was absolutely miserable to handle at points so I'm really going to miss my Yamato one if I sell it off... it's tight without being infuriating and making transformation nigh impossible.

You know, if they hadn't tinted the canopy, I might have been sold on picking up one of these.. but I already have two of the Yamato releases, plus the sound booster. :lol:

I am curious what sort of coating the metallic gold is, and how durable it would be with regards to scratching. I really killed the paint on one of my VF-19Fs trying to get the shoulders lifted, but fortunately that was just black trim, and easy to touch up.

Edited by Chronocidal

I agree, somehow the gold looks less gaudy and bright. I still feel like the red is a different shade as well, though I could be imagining things.

Comparing the two side-by-side in Jenius' review I feel like the Yellow tinted canopy balances out the trim on the ankles/shoulders/intakes whereas on the original release the clear canopy stuck out as being unbalanced.

The red is different but I think that is unintended and you'd never notice it under normal light.

Really? In your video review it looked like the red was darkened to better match the darker gold color, whereas the one sitting next to it had a lot more orange and was brighter to match the bright yellow.

I must be the only who one finds the gold trim and tinted canopy make the Valk look better.

Nah, you ain't the only one. I agree too :)

Can't justify buying this version though since I have the Yamato and Sound Booster and I'm no Kai fanatic.

Really? In your video review it looked like the red was darkened to better match the darker gold color, whereas the one sitting next to it had a lot more orange and was brighter to match the bright yellow.

Yes, I thought they were exactly the same shade of red throughout handling the toy. It was only later when I actually began editing the photos that I noticed the Yamato was ever so slightly warmer red. It's possible Arcadia was going for something more pronounced and it just fell short but I think it's more like when you go to a store and buy two cans of the same custom blend paint only to find one looks slightly different on the wall than the other. I think the brightness of the yellow helps the Yamato toy look brighter overall which might be adding to the effect.

Arcadia-VF-19K-Giftset-5.jpg