Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Damn I didn't know pre-orders were up, I took a look at the price, and that's an easy pass as well, even if I was 100% satisfied with what I've seen so far, that's too much damn money. Hopefully these shelf warm and they get discounted, no way I'm paying 300+ for such a bare valk, Arcadia is smoking something.

Damn I didn't know pre-orders were up, I took a look at the price, and that's an easy pass as well, even if I was 100% satisfied with what I've seen so far, that's too much damn money. Hopefully these shelf warm and they get discounted, no way I'm paying 300+ for such a bare valk, Arcadia is smoking something.

You know hoping the old Yamato's shelf-warmed is partly why they tanked. Waiting for these to shelf-warm is like asking Arcadia to stop making things.

Regardless of why Yamato actually taked, it wasn't from us foreigners waiting for left over stock to sell at discount.

We aren't part of their market research.

They over-saturated their main market, and had to much product to easily available.

With how little left over Arcadia product is, I'd say they are doing something right.

Regardless of why Yamato actually taked, it wasn't from us foreigners waiting for left over stock to sell at discount.

We aren't part of their market research.

They over-saturated their main market, and had to much product to easily available.

With how little left over Arcadia product is, I'd say they are doing something right.

No matter what, market forces will prevail. Arcadia is basically an experiment right now. High end, limited quantity toys that appear to be attempts to really just appease the diehard Macross audience. I think the prices probably reflect the much lower production quantities but we'll all see how sustainable this approach is... especially if Bandai gets determined to squash them.

I find it hard envisioning a scenario where the 0D will shelf warm. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I just think that the odds are against it happening barring another economic bubble burst or Arcadia making a royal mistake with the updated design at the last minute.

Personally, I really like the aesthetic of the Macross Zero fighters. When I first saw the OVA, I got the impression that these were transitional aircraft that sat between near-future carrier fighters and the SDFM VF-1 designs. For me, the airframe just stands out.

You know hoping the old Yamato's shelf-warmed is partly why they tanked. Waiting for these to shelf-warm is like asking Arcadia to stop making things.

I get that, but it's not really my job to fund them. I know what I like, and I know what I can afford, this is just too much for me personally, especially so close to Christmas. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, I love the 0D, and just a week ago I had $220 set aside, and was prepared to set aside another $30 if necessary plus pay for shipping, but $300+ and shipping on top of that? I just can't do it, I'd like to, but $250 was my top on this guy, if one gets to that or below that price, and everything looks good after everyone buying in now receives theirs, I'll probably take the dive.

I get that, but it's not really my job to fund them. I know what I like, and I know what I can afford, this is just too much for me personally, especially so close to Christmas. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, I love the 0D, and just a week ago I had $220 set aside, and was prepared to set aside another $30 if necessary plus pay for shipping, but $300+ and shipping on top of that? I just can't do it, I'd like to, but $250 was my top on this guy, if one gets to that or below that price, and everything looks good after everyone buying in now receives theirs, I'll probably take the dive.

Couldn't agree more. With the upcoming VF-19 ADVANCE from Bandai, it will definitely drain some of the available fund from the collectors. Good luck to the $300+ pricing.

Knowing Bandai, they'll make variants upon variants of the 19, deflating the interests in the design and rendering Arcadia's 19 mold almost useless, save some few designs that they cant get their hands on due to copyright, or if they do get them, then its game over for Archie's 19. That, combined with competing for funds from fans if they do release the 19 around the same time as the 0D, is like killing two birds, in this case the 19 & 0D, with one stone. Literally!

Knowing Bandai, they'll make variants upon variants of the 19, deflating the interests in the design and rendering Arcadia's 19 mold almost useless, save some few designs that they cant get their hands on due to copyright, or if they do get them, then its game over for Archie's 19. That, combined with competing for funds from fans if they do release the 19 around the same time as the 0D, is like killing two birds, in this case the 19 & 0D, with one stone. Literally!

I don't know about that. Bandai gave us the VF-25, YF-29 and VF-171 variants quickly, but we still have just the one YF-30 scheme to date. It remains to be seen how this new VF-19 Advanced will fit in. Will it be the start of a new line with multiple paint schemes or a limited one-time "Isamu" thing? Either way, the fact that Bandai can afford to take the risk is pretty cool.

And for Arcadia, the 0D is also a very cool risk. I don't see Arcadia and Bandai releases becoming mutually exclusive. I do hope that jvmacross is right and that some Black Friday sales pop up for this (as well as a couple other non-Macross related items on my hobby list). However, even if it isn't included, I'm not cancelling my order. Like I said, I want to complete my Macross Zero shelf. :)

I don't know about that. Bandai gave us the VF-25, YF-29 and VF-171 variants quickly, but we still have just the one YF-30 scheme to date. It remains to be seen how this new VF-19 Advanced will fit in. Will it be the start of a new line with multiple paint schemes or a limited one-time "Isamu" thing? Either way, the fact that Bandai can afford to take the risk is pretty cool.

And for Arcadia, the 0D is also a very cool risk. I don't see Arcadia and Bandai releases becoming mutually exclusive. I do hope that jvmacross is right and that some Black Friday sales pop up for this (as well as a couple other non-Macross related items on my hobby list). However, even if it isn't included, I'm not cancelling my order. Like I said, I want to complete my Macross Zero shelf. :)

Depends on the design (and appearance in show), I guess. Profitable ones warrant multiple releases, so we'll see how this one will fare.

Arcadia needs to do something big if they want to survive. If i were them, I would spend every penny to get the FB2012 license

and get that VF-4 rereleased. It's the only thing that they have, that will be an absolute winner, and be worth the high cost to almost

everyone.

I hope Arcadia does not adjust it's production count of the -0D due to Bandai's VF-19 and close the pre-order window early....at least not until AFTER...Black Friday!!! Still hoping for HLJ sale!

Me too. I fully intend to preorder right when the sale comes. VF-0D is an interesting valk but I will look harder for discount than other valks considering it is a less complex toy than YF-19.

I am willing to pay high price for quality so hopefully there are no easily breakable parts like previous yamato vf-0 toys. VF-0S with options for reactive armor should be next imo since the reactive armor was not attempted before.

Roy = hero valk. Easy sale.

Reactive armor = incentive for fans of existing vf-0S to upgrade to newer release of VF-0S. ie they get something new to look forward to.

my prediction is after that... the sv-51 version 2. Or maybe the bad guy mechas from macross 7.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think I said this earlier, but in case i didn't:

i would buy a 0S and 0A Shin type with Ghost Packs again. i say that despite owning 4 0S's and 2 0A's. I would also buy a second 0S with reactive armor.

I'd also buy a 51 again if they fixed the wings.

I love Macross Zero.

Me too. I fully intend to preorder right when the sale comes. VF-0D is an interesting valk but I will look harder for discount than other valks considering it is a less complex toy than YF-19.

I am willing to pay high price for quality so hopefully there are no easily breakable parts like previous yamato vf-0 toys. VF-0S with options for reactive armor should be next imo since the reactive armor was not attempted before.

Roy = hero valk. Easy sale.

Reactive armor = incentive for fans of existing vf-0S to upgrade to newer release of VF-0S. ie they get something new to look forward to.

my prediction is after that... the sv-51 version 2. Or maybe the bad guy mechas from macross 7.

The thing is the SV-51 would take a v1 to v3 kind of leap to make it comparable in production and quality. It's SO large. And the variants would not make this much worth. None of the variants other than Ivanov commanded a premium until Yamato shut down. Actually at Yahoo Japan Auctions they could be found at 40% discount brand new in 2010, 11 and even 12.

Edited by Dimis

I don't know if anybody has noted this yet, but while we were commenting on lots of other things did any of us notice those two slots along the upper thigh that have zero use for the 0D but quite obviously line up with where the reactive armor would attach on the hips/pelvis of the 0S?

ac87.jpg

vf-0s-reactivearmor.gif

So funny how pictures can turn the tone (in one direction or another) of a thread.

And yeah, the Gerwalk does look good in that pic, this coming from a guy that isn't a fan of that mode. :p

-b.

Hehe! Yeah but for me Gerwalk is the gun mode! Love the whole best of both worlds idea about it!

@xrentonx yes those orange highlights are a nice little detail!

Edited by spanner76

From the back shot of the gerwalk pics, they're still using the same shoulder mechanism as the original VF-0. I just hope that the swing bar is not so close to the back plate. If not, im going to scratch up the blue paint on the shoulder pads and the thigh trying to stow the arms :(