CF18

new figures of Ranka and Sheryl to be released next year.... kya!! *o* (source: accioharo @ Tumblr)

tumblr_ndysgwPiJ41qd99c3o1_1280.jpg

Now thats what im talkin bout! These look fantastic! Especially the dancing pose figures! Gonna get me these for sure!

Thanks for posting this up nel! :)

Edited by spanner76

I had the rule of only robots and no character figures, but now that I have broken that rule with the Yamato Girls, looks like I'll need to pick up some Macross figures too. The new Banpresto figures are nice. I was looking at the Figuarts Zero Ranka Lee Glowing Red ver and Figuarts ZERO Sheryl Nome Shining Blue Ver, I wanted to ask members thoughts on these figures? Also any suggestions on a nice Minmay Figure (DRYL outfit and not insanely priced)?

Edited by Saburo

Minmay figures are so hard to find. The best one imo was the one that was sold by CM's if I am correct. I think Save had a listing of the CM's corp liquidation sale and there were some on there, but they came out to like $90 without a box.

I had the rule of only robots and no character figures, but now that I have broken that rule with the Yamato Girls, looks like I'll need to pick up some Macross figures too. The new Banpresto figures are nice. I was looking at the Figuarts Zero Ranka Lee Glowing Red ver and Figuarts ZERO Sheryl Nome Shining Blue Ver, I wanted to ask members thoughts on these figures? Also any suggestions on a nice Minmay Figure (DRYL outfit and not insanely priced)?

I was on the same idea when I re-started my Macross collecting but then my misses got me a small Minmay figure and its just snowballed from there!

I have about a dozen Macross girls (Minmay, Mylene, Ranka & Sheryl) at the moment, 4 of the Yamato girls and a Kurisu Makise figure from Steins Gate. A few of those figures have been upwards of $200 and between them all its been a significant outlay! But they are all stunningly gorgeous things and wouldn't trade em for anything! So yeah bring em on! B))

Minmay figures are so hard to find. The best one imo was the one that was sold by CM's if I am correct. I think Save had a listing of the CM's corp liquidation sale and there were some on there, but they came out to like $90 without a box.

Thank you for the information Loop, I guess I'll start with Sheryl and Ranka and go from there. I'll search around for a Minmay and hopefully it won't break the bank.

I was on the same idea when I re-started my Macross collecting but then my misses got me a small Minmay figure and its just snowballed from there!

I have about a dozen Macross girls (Minmay, Mylene, Ranka & Sheryl) at the moment, 4 of the Yamato girls and a Kurisu Makise figure from Steins Gate. A few of those figures have been upwards of $200 and between them all its been a significant outlay! But they are all stunningly gorgeous things and wouldn't trade em for anything! So yeah bring em on! B))

That is a great misses you have there! Speaking of Yamato Girls, I have 2 more on their way, they will hopefully arrive this week. :D

Edited by Saburo

That is a great misses you have there! Speaking of Yamato Girls, I have 2 more on their way, they will hopefully arrive this week. :D

well that particular figure was the only she got me.. the rest I bought myself!

2 more figures!? I thought you had the whole set already!? unless you're talking about the alternate color versions..? which ones are coming?

well that particular figure was the only she got me.. the rest I bought myself!

2 more figures!? I thought you had the whole set already!? unless you're talking about the alternate color versions..? which ones are coming?

That is still cool she got you that figure. :)

I almost have the complete set of the retail release Yamato Girls. I am missing Hilde Schultz, Mori Yuki (yellow suit pose A) and the other bridge girl Saijo Miki. As for the 2 that are coming they are not the ones listed. I'll leave it at that, but I am excited to get them. :D:ph34r:

I'll post photos when I am done with the photoshoot.

Edited by Saburo

That is still cool she got you that figure. :)

I almost have the complete set of the retail release Yamato Girls. I am missing Hilde Schultz, Mori Yuki (yellow suit pose A) and the other bridge girl Saijo Miki. As for the 2 that are coming they are not the ones listed. I'll leave it at that, but I am excited to get them. :D:ph34r:

I'll post photos when I am done with the photoshoot.

Ohhh!! Sounds interesting! Cant wait to see!

I still only have Mori Yuki, Akira Yamamoto (my fav!), Harada Makoto & Nimi Kaoru.. and the Captain but he doesn't count cos he just ain't sexy.. ;)

thought I'd include a pic.. hung up the Yamato with fishing line so I could get rid of that awful base it comes with.. looks so much better on display without it!

post-21335-0-34441300-1414493428_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Ohhh!! Sounds interesting! Cant wait to see!

I still only have Mori Yuki, Akira Yamamoto (my fav!), Harada Makoto & Nimi Kaoru.. and the Captain but he doesn't count cos he just ain't sexy.. ;)

thought I'd include a pic.. hung up the Yamato with fishing line so I could get rid of that awful base it comes with.. looks so much better on display without it!

attachicon.gif20141028_214343.jpg

I am excited, but the wait is killing, can't wait for the box to arrive. I just got message from my friend who visiting Japan and I secured a another Yamato girl. No Valks this month for me but a bunch of Yamato stuff. I am happy :D, but my wallet is taking another beating.

Very nice display! Akira is my number 1 fav then its Melda, I have a thing for ace female fighter pilots :wub:. I was considering getting Captain Okita to be displayed along side of Yamato, but he's on the back burner.

Edited by Saburo

I am excited, but the wait is killing, can't wait for the box to arrive. I just got message from my friend who visiting Japan and I secured a another Yamato girl. No Valks this month for me but a bunch of Yamato stuff. I am happy :D, but my wallet is taking another beating.

Very nice display! Akira is my number 1 fav then its Melda, I have a thing for ace female fighter pilots :wub:. I was considering getting Captain Okita to be displayed along side of Yamato, but he's on the back burner.

hehe! have to agree there! though im still not so sure about Melda.. the more I look at her the more she is starting to appeal to me but im kinda screwed for space atm.. need more display cabinets!

I did pre-order the Mori Yuki (flight suit version) but the expression on her face does not look good so I cancelled.. I might try pickup another color variation of Akira instead! the one in the white suit with long hair! very sexy lookin! ;)

Captain Okita is cool to have.. goes well with the ship.

Edited by spanner76

Nice. For some reason the new outfit does a better job with Sheryl's likeness than the original. In the original photos with Ranka, I was getting a very good vibe from Ranka's figure, but Sheryl's looked odd. Maybe it was the hair?

Edit: Nope. DD Sheryl has a different face than I was expecting. Comparing the different hair styles in the photos highlights the difference in the figure's design and makes the look more uncanny to me. The child-like face on DD Ranka seems better suited to my expectations. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I love the outfits!

Edited by technoblue

actually, I'm not sure how pre-orders are gonna work. these are always sold directly from volks web store, and usually you can get them through their US site, but given macross licensing shenanigans, you may have to find some kind of proxy.

• 3 weeks later...