b. Flashback 2012

remastered, english sutitles

xvid avi

c. DYRL extra video files

remastered extras, no subtitles

xvid avi

Edited by boinger

Hello:

The iMacross4 premium Rapidshare account is paid up until July 4/07. So, even if you are downloading with a free account, then you can still download at 100mb/2hours. A premium rapidshare account of $10/month is cheap considering how much you get out of it and a lot faster than bittorent file sharing.

Rapidshare came to my attention when I was looking for a full copy of Star Wars: Deleted Magic and found www.fanedit.org that uses Rapidshare to distribute lots of cool fan edited movies.

As well, the more MW members download from iMacross 4 Rapidshare account, then the more Rapidshare points I would accumulate and with these Rapidshare points I would then trade them in to extend the time for keeping iMacross 4 on Rapidshare.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

Macross 7 supplementary has corrupted video files. I need to find m7 ov ep 4 and dynamite ep 4 on my old back up discs. Macross 20th has corrupted files due to winrar.

I am going to check on all the winrar files for corruption and upload again as needed.

boinger

iMacross UPDATES:

iMacross4 rapidshare server online.

100% working:

1. Macross DYRL PS2 game on Macross Share website

2. Macross music collection on Macross Share website

3. Macross Miscellaneous video

4. Macross Zero episode 1 Hikuro dub

(ep3 is corrupted, but the back up ep 3 copy in the winrar file is still good)

5. Macross miscellaneous

(the only corrupted file was Mikimoto's innocence picture 42, so I uploaded that already to Macross Fixed Files)

Needs fixing and re uploading:

1. Macross 7 episodes: Central anime are available on Macross Share website

2. Macross games: uploading games individually depending on game availability on Macross Share website

I found winrar software keeps giving me crc errors when compressing some of the video files even though there is nothing wrong with the original video files, especially the bigger dvd vob files.

I am switching to HJsplit software, which just splits the files instead of compressing the files. For the upcoming dvd movies, I am using hjsplit for splitting the iso dvd file. So, if the files are .001, .002, then use hjsplit to reintegrate the files back into the iso. You can use winrar to extract the iso file onto your computer or use Nero to burn the dvd disc.

vfx2 has 2 of 3 intact copies in the folder, so I do not need to upload again.

PSX dyrl: dyrl.bin rar was corrupted, but the dyrl.bin and cue file for both discs are intact

Macross Share website has all available Macross Games.

Special Bonus:

I am uploading to iMacross4 Rapidshare server a DYRL special edition dvd that will include dyrl psx footage, dyrl sm anime and flashback 2012. The video quality for the dvd is only as good as the video files I have, so the beginning and ending is a little fuzzy and without subtitles.

Ideally, I wish I could figure out how to get the

1. dyrl psx footage from 20th anniversary dvd with subtitles,

2. an updated dyrl dvd with Hurin's subtitles and

3. flashback 2012 dvd with subtitles

then it could be possible to to put together a dyrl dvd that I would really love.

This is my first version. I'll see if I can get an improved version together, but I need to do some research on extracting dvd to avi files, extracting or making subtitles, putting subtitles onto video files and then editing and reconverting the subtitled video into a good looking dvd movie.

SDF MML v4 avi

PM me if you find anymore files that need fixing.

I will post here for latest updates.

Edited by boinger

A fresh working copy of Macross Zero episode 3 has been re uploaded to rapid share because the file was corrupted even before putting it in the winrar package.

DYRL NLA and SM anime are available upon request.

Use HJsplit to reintegrate the files.

Enjoy!

Edited by boinger

iMacrosss4 UPDATES:

1. Macross Games

a. Macross VO

b. Macross VOXP

Thanks goes to RazorX for repackaging VO and VOXP! Be sure to look at the MW Macross games thread for more information on the Macross VO game. I was reading recently that some guys in South America were able to get the online Macross Vo server working. I hope so!

Edited by boinger

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross Miscellaneous video

a. Macross 20th anniversary

avi, untimed .srt subtitle file

I am also uploading the individual Macross Zero Anbu-Aone episodes.

Use signature weblink to download HJsplit and recombine the separate files into the videos.

Edited by boinger

iMacross4 online.

UPDATE:

1. Macross Miscellaneous winrar has 1 corrupt picture file, which brings up the winrar error for unpacking macross misc winrar file 10. So, I uploaded that picture separarately to the M Misc folder. All the rest of the files appear intact and complete when extracting. You can do a comparison by downloading the iMacross 4 server directory file.

2. Hobby handbook page 7 was missing from the original macross misc files. I did put page 7 with the Hikaro M 0 dub and extras winrar package. Now, I am going to upload Hobby handbook including page 7 to Macross Misc.

3. I was able to turn Hikaru's M 0 dub into dvd files with dvd flick software and will be uploading the M0 dub dvd within the next 3-4 days. The cut points between video a,b,c,d jump a little bit because that is how Hikaru cut each video to upload to YouTube. You can watch this M 0 dub episode 1 with Videolan software and burn to disc with Nero.

4. Macross VO, VOXP, Dosbox and Macross M3 dreamcast game are now available as separate downloads under Macross Games.

5. Macross 0 subbed episodes 1-5 now available as separate downloads.

So, you can see I will probably repackage the Macross Misc folder eventually.

4. Now uploading is a raw video file of Flashback 2012 called Flashbkupdate.avi. I am also uploading the flashback subtitles separately to the DYRL folder, if you would like to subtitle Flashback to your satisfaction with dixland media subtitler or subtitle workstation. My version of flashback 2012 subbbed will be a part of DYRL extended.

After years of maintaining the iMacross4 server as 4 different types of file servers, I find that I need to reorganize the files and check for redundancy in files.

PM me if you find any missing or corrupt files, thanks!

DYRL extended update:

Subtitling is pretty time intensive work even for a 1/2 hour OVA Flashback 2012. 14 hours! Flash back 2012 now has english subtitles that are mostly synchronized, which is good enough for me.

I burned a dual layer dvd version 1 of dyrl extended and it looks great! But, the anime cartoon DYRL has yahoo.com address as a part of the subtitles! In order to get rid of the yahoo.com in the subtitles, I turned the anime cartoon dyrl into an avi file with flaskmpeg xis without subtitles. Then I tried to use Hurin's perfect fx dyrl subtitles and slap them on with dix land media subtitle, but the timing was way off. So with subrip software, I ripped the subtitles from the anime cartoon dyrl to check for timing. The timing for the ripped anime cartoon dyrl was way off as well. Just like Hurin, I would have to go through the whole 2 hour movie to retime all the subtitles.

Forget that! For version 2 of DYRL extended, I am turning NLA dyrl into dvd files with psx footage and flashback sub and then rediting with Nero recode into DYRL extended dual layer dvd for upload to iMacross4.

If anybody else would like to spend the time getting Hurin's subtitles adjusted to a raw dyrl video file then I am going to upload the software to iMacross 4.

Edited by boinger

I repackaged and retested Macross Miscellaneous winrar batch to take out redundancies and checked for corrupt files.

I am checking over Macross Games and found PSX Macross Plus game edition, DYRL and Macross 2036 need to be reuploaded.

I have downloaded the missing Macross 7 episodes and double checked the M7 episodes' integrity, so it's just a matter of time and upload speed to get Macross 7 on iMacross 4.

I am slowly working through and repackaging iMacross4 Macross files into smaller files. So, if anbody finds a corrupt file then I only have to replace a few files rather than a whole batch.

Macross Miscellaneous folder is corrected, sorted out and uploaded.

Macross Games is fixed as well.

I put Macross ps2 under Macross Games.

I put Macross 20th under Miscellaneous Macross Video.

I put a correct copy including missing page 7 of Macross Hobby Handbook under Macross Miscellaneous.

A very nice mini dvd of Macross PSX game intro footage is under DYRL folder.

I also put an unsubtitled dyrl avi video from anime cartoon dvd (bootleg of bootleg) with an untimed Hurin dryl subtitle file.

As well, there is the unsubtitled flashback avi video with a mostly timed english subtitle file.

Rather than upload my version of dyrl, you can make your own version of DYRL with free DVD Flick software. Dvd flick software turns video files into dvd files that you can burn to dvd disc with nero software. Dvd flick is found under DYRL, Mzero and video tools folder.

1. flashback and subtitle file

2. a. dyrl avi and hurin dyrl subtitle file with sub workstation software.

( You would have to put in the same amount of work as Hurin to get the subtitles to match up. )

b. NLA dyrl avi

c. SManime dyrl avi

3. dyrl psx dvd files

You would convert 1. and 2. into dvd files with dvd flick. Then take 1,2,3 dvd files with Nero Recode software to recompile into a dvd on your hardrive. Nero recode tends to move the smaller videos into their own subchapter instead of playing directly from one video to the next. So, use dvdshrink to reauthor the dvd videos into the order that you would like to watch them onto your dvd disc.

You can also convert Hikuro's M zero episode 1 dubbed video files into a mini dvd with Dvd flick software.

Currently, M7 1-15, 41-45 is available and the rest to be uploaded in the next 3-4 days. Each episode is 2-3 parts and needs HJsplit software to reintegrate.

PM me if you find a file that isn't working.

boinger

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross 7 remastered series

a. episode 1-16

VIP, mkv

b. complete series and ova, unsubtitled on Macross Share website

c. complete series and ova, subtitled, Central Anime on Macross Share website

I also put a new version of vo and vo xp that includes patches and add ons.

I am listening to all the macross music I have to hear if some of the files are corrupt. Under Macross game music, there sounds like two songs that are damaged. One song is listed as 67 minutes, but cuts out after 40 seconds and then a rock ballad that cuts out at 1 minute 40 seconds before the song finishes. I have to check if I have any non corrupt back up song file. I'm currently listening to Macross Zero soundtrack. Most likely, I'll repackage the music files in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by boinger

M7 music available on Macross Share website.

Lots of stuff there.

Remember to use winrar for .rar, .zip, or .ace files.

The numbered files, .001, are to be downloaded in groups and reassembled with HJsplit software.

You will need the latest K lite codec video/audio pack, which also includes media player classic. Downloading and installing the latest divx or xvid video codec will help with playing your videos.

I also found that having the correct and latest video card driver and mother board graphics chipset driver made a real difference in getting .mkv matroska video files to play properly.

boinger

Edited by boinger

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the first three episodes of Macross Zero. If I could find the rest I can place them on a dedicated server for everyone...

I am having NO LUCK at *ALL* finding the episodes after #3. Any thoughts on how to help an idiot find the rest?

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...

I was just wondering if any one might have the Clash of the Bionoids VHS tape or an mp3 / wave audio file of the english dub?

Thanks!

boinger

Found 2 on ebay. I just remembered, that Clash of the Bionoids edits out a few more graphic scenes. I know had a copy of macross dyrl english dub vhs, which had the full movie, but I didn't think of saving the audio at the time.

Found it!! on amazon.com!

I was thinking that just because Hikuro's dyrl dub has slowed down to a crawl. I was thinking that if everybody had a good listen to this bad english dub of dyrl then macrossworlders would be more willing to help Hikuro finish up his dyrl dub.

I do have a wmv of Hikuro's english dub team's work on Macross zero episode one on iMacross4. Download the files [part A,B,C,D; which have two parts each] and reintegrate [by just mouse clicking on the first file] and have a listen. Send words of encouragement and or critique to Hikuro!

Otherwise, I could attempt to recompile Hurin's dyrl subtitles, anime international dyrl, 2012 (subtitled), psx footage (20th anniversary) and the english dub into a nifty extended macross: dyrl edtion dvd. I was looking at www.fanedit.org for how to do this. I would much prefer getting a dvd of fx dyrl or bandai dyrl or even the upcoming hd dyrl. I'll go look and see if there's a bandai dyrl anywhere.

I would better off waiting for the new dyrl dvd because of Hurin's previously stated interlacing issuse on the bandai dyrl dvd. So, I was reading the HD dyrl thread and it looks like the new remastered dyrl is a regular dvd to be released on Dec 21/07 . News to me! I know what I would like for Christmas.

Edited by boinger

Great work boinger, i downloaded all the M0 files today (first time using the imacross4 server thing) and its great! I love the M0 dub but i cant get the files to join up..HJsplit does not recognise the wmv files, and virtualdub dont like them either, but its still great.

i got a great fansub copy of DYRL from http://www.anime-eden.com/ as well as a lot of other macross stuff. It is best to 'join' and get the premium package, its only $5 for a month and the speeds and choice are much better (i think the DYRL is premium only). Give it a looksee and let me know what u think.

Sorta Macross related, but does anyone know where to find any of Yoshiki Fukuyama's non-Fire Bomber stuff? I managed to find a copy of 1.2.3 by Humming Bird pretty cheap a few years back, but I can't find anything else. I'd buy them if I lived in Japan, could actually find them, and they weren't running about $40 a piece.

no extra Hummingbird songs on iMacross4. You might have to see if you can buy the music off of ebay japan.

DYRL extended update:

1. Almost figured out most of dvd menu with dvd lab pro 2

A. Main Menu has DRYL movie that you can enable audio and subtitles.

I am still slowly working on the english subtitles. As well, I still need to receive the VHS english dub of dyrl to get the english audio. I'm not sure which software to match the dyrl .avi with english audio just yet. I might just include the original english dub as its own movie and have the extended dyrl as a separate movie and have two dyrl movies on the dvd. Especially, since the extended psx dyrl scenes do not have an english dub to them.

B. Extra features menu:

i. psx footage: 2 of 3 psx videos are subtitled, so I just have to figure out how to plunk them in the dyrl movie

ii. flashback 2012 english subtitles; subtitles need fixing and retiming

iii. dyrl trailers with english subitles from 20th anniversary

I'm not sure whether to put angel's paint 1st version as ending to DYRL or angel's paint 2nd version (which has vf-4 and sdf2 colony ship). I put 1st version angle paints nonsubtitled with credits in the extra features menu

PSX dyrl ARMD attack sequence sort of fits at just the start of the final battle, but I think I would need to use a video editing software that would help to add in extra music in the background. I would have to redo the subtitles for this video a little bit to better fit the scene, so if you understand Japanese, you would notice the scene would not quite make sense.

Video Tools:

1. Nero recode: very crude video editor by cutting and pasting together dvd vob files into one dvd video

2. pgcdemux: convert dvd vob to mpv + ac3 sound for dvd lab, but then I end up losing the dvd subtitles because dvd lab pro cannot recognize .sup demuxed subtitles

3. divxland media subtitler

4. dvd lab pro 2: dvd menu and muxer for mpv + ac3 + subtitles. I can add vob files directly into dvd lab pro, but I cannot enable subtitles or audio through menu. Vob subtitles work, but I have to enable them by using videolan player's video settings.

5. dvd flick : convert avi to dvd vob

6. autogk : convert dvd vob to avi

7. subrip: rips dvd subtitles into a text file that then needs to be retimed

8. Womble avi video editor

Does anyone know of a subtitle conversion software that can convert .sup subtitle files into .srt files? I tried to look on the internet for a couple of hours and I could not find anything. It would save me some time resubtitling, thanks!

First 10 minutes of DYRL has been subtitled and I would like to redo the subtitles on flashback 2012. 3-4 minutes of subtitles a day. So, 6 weeks is my goal to get this dvd finished and ready for rapidshare upload.

Edited by boinger

Feb. 02/08

(I will just edit this post once a week to show how far I have gotten along)

Two dyrl dvds are in production:

1. extended dyrl

(psx and flashback footage with hard encoded english subtitles)

2. english dub special edition

(vhs english audio with song subtitles and optional dapdx english commentary with japanese audio and english Hurin dyrl subtitles.)

DYRL extended progress report:

1. DYRL remastered subtitles 120 of 120 minutes done 100%

(Thanks to gray phantom, hurin, ali same, and mechamaniac)

2. Flashback 2012 subtitles redone 100%

3 DVD menu 100%

4. PSX part one file resubtitled for editing 100%

5. PSX part two file " " " 100%

6. PSX part three file " " " 100%

7. Edting in PSX footage 100%

8. Flashback segment at end of DYRL subtitled 100%

9. DVD video covers mini movie 100%

9. Final Editing 100%

(It's hard to tell just now if I need to use different wipes for the extra footage or the audio is in synch.)

Currently 7 1/2 hours = 17% encoded into mpeg

****I am going to re encode the dyrl extended mpeg into a 700 mb avi and upload to imacross4 for critiquing for improvement.*****

I test fitted angel's paint part 1 and 2 within the dyrl extended movie. A dissolve or wipe might help to smooth the slightly different scenes for angel's paint part 1.

The psx dyrl prebattle sequence is split. The zentraedi / armd attack part can be slotted into the saturn battle scenne with Misa edited out. Then the zentraedi fleet close up can be reversed and put in as a scene transition. I will be including the psx dryl scenes as unedited extras on the dvd.

The second part of this psx clip with the destroyed boom guns can stay in the same place I have it in. I attempted to cobble together a zentraedi earth orbit picture to bridge the psx dyrl opening with the blackout opening of the dyrl movie. Then I added in a couple of titles for major scene changes. I think that's it for editing, now it's just a matter of keeping the video and audio synchronized after pasting everything together.

A preview copy has been corrupted. I am having to redo a lot of edits. AVI video files have to be hard encoded with english subtitles with autogk software because womble editor does not support a subtitle function and so I would have to retime the subtitles yet again for the extended version of dyrl.

Once I get to the dyrl final battle scene subtitle section, I will work on getting the dyrl song as the top subtitle and the characters talking as bottom subtitles.

DYRL special edition english dub:

1. DYRL english dub audio file 100%

(extracted from VHS, hiss reduction with Nero software and uploaded to iMacross4 rapidshare account, but not aligned to dvd video yet)

2. synchronizing with japanese audio 100%

3. Hurin's english subtitles retimed

(see extended list)

4. DVD menu 90%

5. synchronizing DAP DX english commentary track 10%

6. Final editing 0%

I'll have to see if I can do 3 different audio tracks on dvd lab pro.

My main objective is doing an english dub dyrl preservation for people who would prefer to hear an english dub. I will put up the corrected Hurin dryl subtitles on iMacross4 as soon as I finish correcting the timing. Then you could easily put the english subtitles together with the macross share dryl avi with DVDflick software.

Here's my version of the dyrl extended dvd cover.

If anybody would like to submit dvd covers under fanworks for the dryl extended or special edition dvds, then we could have a contest. When I finish these dvds; we could submit a poll under fanworks for the best dvd cover. Whoever gets the most votes after a week would then get a copy of the extended or special edtion dyrl dvd mailed to him or her. What do you think? Send me a pm or post a response under fanworks thread.

iMacross4 has a few more macross pictures and paper models under macross miscellaneous. Homeworld dyrl patches and home brewed macross rpg are under macross games.

Enjoy!

post-212-1199976696_thumb.jpg

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...

iMacross4 Updates:

1. Macross Fan Edits

As requested, Macross DYRL english audio file

16 parts, 100mb each, reintegrate with winrar software.

You can watch a copy of dyrl on your computer with the sound muted and then run winamp to play the english audio, kind of like www.rifftrax.com .

Enjoy!

After the extended edition is finished, I will make the attempt to make a special dyrl dvd with english audio and commentary track. December/07 is my target date.

Edited by boinger

Great News boinger. Look forward to th special ed english release! i'll be on that like a shot! conseqently, i have found some cool stuff not on the imacross4 server that you may like. Got a load of macross stuff from a torrent the other day. let me know if u want directions to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I just received a notice from rapidshare.com about keeping my account at 20 gb maximum. Currently, I'm at 35 gb and I was planning to share the fan edit dyrl s through rapid share. So, I have to delete some macross stuff from the iMacross4 rapidshare account before Rapidshare automatically and randomly deletes macross files on imacross4.

So, Macross 7, Macross 0 ANBU-aone and DYRL NLA video can be easily found on bittorrent websites. Then I'll see how much leeway that gives iMacross4 for uploading other macross stuff.

"On November 10th, we will launch our storage revision program.

Accounts that use more than 20 GB of storage will be marked as "XXL" accounts by our system.

If any files associated with an "XXL" account have not been downloaded within the last 90 days ("inactive files"), those files will be deleted automatically.

As soon as the account's storage is less than 20 GB, no further files will be deleted.

Of course, no active files (i.e. files that have been downloaded at least once during the last 90 days) will be deleted. This means, we still offer unlimited storage for active files.

Your account's current storage utilization is over 20 GB, which means your account will be marked as "XXL".

Please check your account for files that you no longer need and remove them.

This helps to avoid the deletion of files you would like to keep.

You can check your current storage utilization at any time in the premium zone, right above the files list.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

RapidShare AG

Management"

Okay, now I'm down to 19.89 gb, but that doesn't leave me room to upload anything to the imacross4 rapidshare account. In order to to get to 14-5 gb, I would have to delete Macross 20th or Macross Music or Macross games?

I'll delete a few more small junk files here and there, but I think for now that's it for deleting stuff. I'll post the fanedit dyrl s as a bittorrents.

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...

Macross DYRL extended/special edition dvd SETBACK:

I have to retime all the subtitles for dyrl because my anime cartoon international dryl dvd is missing 1 minute of audio/video, so I could not match up Hurin's subtitles. I found a much better version of DRYL on macrossshare.blogspot.com .

I was timing subtitles with dixland media subtitler up to the 59 minute mark on my anime cartoon international DYRL and found a gap in audio and video. Hurin's subtitles did not match the AC dryl video/audio, so I checked NLA dyrl and SManime/AniDB's dyrl movie to find the missing audio/video. NLA had spelling mistakes and AniDB's had 24 frames per second for the missing video/audio. I converted AniDB dyrl into NTSC frame rate, so I could just extract out that missing bit and plunk it into the womble mpeg video editing list. But, while the AniDB dyrl was converting, I was looking for alternative DRYL movies for a shortcut in editing. I found a raw gap-less dryl movie on the aforementioned macrosshare website, which has a lot better video/audio quality. But, the dyrl english subtitles on the macrosshare website still need to be retimed. If I plug in AniDB's missing segment into what I have so far, then movie would work, but not look as nice compared to retiming the subtitles with macrosshare's dyrl.

After all the extra bits I included with Hurin's subtitles; such as animeigo song lyrics and minor subtitle extensions, I would like to retime all of the subtitles I have right now.

So, I think I will have to change the completion date to mid January 2008.

I deleted the raw dyrl avi from imacross4 and currently uploading a new raw dyrl avi and corrrected flashback subtitles.

• 1 month later...

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross Frontier

a. Macross Frontier episode one

Shinsen Subs

You will need HJsplit to reintegrate the 3 files back into one avi. The video is best viewed with Videolan media player.

______

I have been slowing down with the subtitles due to technical difficulties with compositing software (combustion, digital fusion, after effects, vegas video, wax). I just cannot get this 4 part outer space scene to composite with a moving Jupiter background in a simple and straight forward manner, so I'll just include the zentraedi - armd scene as an extra feature. Once I finish up the subtitles, then the english dub version dvd will follow soon after.

Edited by boinger

Wow! Today, I just picked up the remastered dyrl dvd from the post office and the picture quality is amazing.

Now my problem is that I'm at 54 minutes into subtitling dyrl extended edition movie for the 2nd time, which has taken me 4 weeks to get to this point, and here's an even better dyrl to subtitle again. Do I keep going with dyrl that's good, but not the best for video quality? hmmm. I better take a nap before I go to work and think about it.

The psx dyrl clip with the armd attack has been slightly edited and placed at the Saturn battle scene, which seems to work okay. Then I'm going to take the remaining bit from that psx clip of the zentraedi fleet and trim and reverse the scene and see if I can put that somewhere in the movie.

The longer I take to do the subtitles, the more special features I get on this dvd. I'm going to redo the dvd cover eventually as well to make it look more like a real dvd release.

Update:

(Jan. 10/08)

Never mind a preview. I left windows update on automatic, microsoft windows closed my programs and restarted my computer without saving anything. All my video edits for the last 3 days have been erased from the womble dyrl file. )(*)(#@$@# de culture! Womble video editor does not have a "save function", so I can work on two projects at a time. Womble just saves whatever work I was doing at that time automatically, so when I open Womble then there's where I left off. Not this time. My womble preview file has also been corrupted, since I was in the middle of re encoding. It's like every time I get close to finishing this edit up the way I would like to see it, something screws up my work. It's been three months of always something unexpected happening that gets in the way. I want to get this done and go on to the next project: dyrl english edition.

Update:

(Jan. 20/08)

I just needed a break for a little while (birthday, family, friends, cleaning up apartment, dentist appointment). I was getting frustrated. Womble video editor software does have a save function and I can work on two or more video edits at a time! G_P DYRL video needs to prepared for avi without sound and subtitled. I am going to see if I can re time G_P's .ass subtitles and hard encode them into an .avi file with autogk because they look so nice. So, basically I am restarting the extended edition again, but I can work on the english dyrl when I get tired of working on the extended.

The english audio still has some fuzziness after re doing the audio filter with audacity. I am going to patch the latest audio non speaking parts with the english audio. The loudness differences might be adjustable with the "normalization function" on womble software. G_P's subtitles will come in handy for Mari's songs on the english dryl.

Once I finish up, I will post an .avi file for comments and suggestions before I finally encode the finished movies into dvd format.

Edited by boinger

• 2 weeks later...

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross Miscellaneous Video:

a. Macross special S. Kawamori interview

5 parts, HJsplit software;

No subtitles are available that I know of.

2. Macross Frontier

a.Macross Frontier manga 1 one

CBR, scanned by Graham

b. I also borrowed a couple of Macross Frontier files from Macrosshare website.

Edited by boinger

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say man, you can truely be a life saver when it comes to finding the things I need to get the job done.

And again, I really do appreciate you hosting Macross Zero for me, though I bet it doesn't get many downloads at all. I still got to try and complete that series and maybe try Macross Frontier.

You do an awesome job man, really keep it up, don't get discouraged as easily as I do about things.

iMacross4 UPDATES:

1. Macross DYRL:

a. Gray Phantom DRYL v2 with Hurin subtitles

available on Macross Share website

b. Macross Flashback 2012 with english subtitles

Gray Phantoms' and Hurin's subtitles have saved me a lot of time for dryl subtitling. So, by next weekend, I will be posting avi files of DYRL extended and english dub for comments and suggestions before uploading as dvds to imacross4.

Next project would be Macross Pluss: more mecha action! Unless someone else is working on this type of fan edit.

Edited by boinger

DYRL extended progress report:

COMPLETE B))

1. DYRL remastered subtitles 120 of 120 minutes done

(Thanks to gray phantom, hurin, ali sama, and mechamaniac)

2. Flashback 2012: angel's paints subtitles redone

3 DVD menu

4. PSX part one file resubtitled for editing

5. PSX part two file " " "

6. PSX part three file " " "

7. Edting in PSX footage

8. Flashback segment at end of DYRL subtitled

9. DVD video covers mini movie

9. Final Editing

(It's hard to tell just now if I need to use different wipes for the extra footage or the audio is totally in synch. The video is pretty much in the order I would like it in.)

Currently 7 1/2 hours = 17% encoded into mpeg

****I am going to re encode the dyrl extended mpeg into a 700 mb avi and upload to imacross4 for critiquing for improvement.*****

dyrl extended avi available by Tuesday

(I hope)

8************************

Update:

Computer locked up at 30% encoding.

I'm just looking at a Vista logon screen, while my desktop still has some hard drive activity. I'm on my laptop right now. I'll try waiting a day or so. If 17% takes 7 1/2 hours to encode an mpeg through womble video editor and 30% takes 14 hours then 100% will take about 45 hours. So, I'm looking at about 31 hours to go?

Edited by boinger

I have some ideas for a nice cover for your DYRL extended Edition DVD. I was thinking you could use the artwork from the Toho Laser disc version as shown in the video section of Macrossworld with the back cover being to similar to that of the Perfect Editon Laser disc explaining all your editions. This would be cool especially since you are including the english dubbed track. I would make the cover myself but I am having difficulty tracking down all the artwork I need and I am not very good at photoshop stuff.

Wow! That's a nice dvd cover by itself.

I'm almost ready with the video, but the video needs a few fixes. I would like to put together a proper dvd cover and a dyrl extended trailer and maybe a poster. That would be a complete project. Then I can work on the bad english dub of dyrl. Hikaru's great english dubbed dyrl is expected to be out by August 2008.

My movie extras for dyrl extended would be:

1. PSX DRYL footage from Macross 20th anniversary

(full version of flashback 2012 is not included because I was thinking of submitting this dvd to fanedit.org)

2. Flashback 2012 : angel's paints video clips

3. DVD covers video from Macross world picture collection

4. DRYL Trailers from Macross 20th anniversary

I will be uploading a 700 mb avi to imacross4. This video is for critque purposes only because one segment has an audio sych issue. Once the dryl extended is fixed as can be I will re upload as a avi file and a DVD.

Problems to be fixed so far:

1. sdf main subtitles resized

2. maintain aspect ratio of all video clips

3. dissolves or wipes readjusted

4. fix ending credits : slight cut needed at beginning because I took this clip from the english dub. It has the only angel's paints karaoke I can find and the ending credits are in english. You will notice that Mari Iijima 's name is spelled Iizima. I'll see if I can extract the audio and re do the ending

5. audio resynch

6. touch up the subtitles to exclude 1,2,3,4 at end

imacross4 updates:

Macross Miscellaneous has a couple of updates for pictures and books.

DYRL folder has PSX dyrl footage with subtitled video files.

UPDATE:

Locked out of Vista 64 bit ultimate desktop again! I was clicking on a weblink on the j rock macrossworld thread and hit a virus exploit, so my computer automatically rebooted to remove the virus! My dyrll upload was cut off and I can't get at re editing the dyrl extended. Now I am waiting for my desktop computer to reboot. Yesterday, this computer took 20-30 minutes to reboot! I have to check for viruses with more than one virus checker as soon as I can get my desktop working again. I should have stayed in bed, but I work nights and this is my day off.

Re UPDATE

I checked my motherboard BIOS desktop settings because I was waiting for windows to boot for over 1/2 hour and I found that Vista was trying to boot from the Speed boost USB memory stick. I switched to boot drives to cd-rom and hard drive and it works! Spybot is running and fixing a spyware thingy now and then I can get back to uploading and video editing. I thougth it was a virus or Ram memory problem or a motherboard chipset update or some finicky windows software that needed resetting.

I will post again once I have the something uploaded.

Edited by boinger