1/60 V.2 Max and Miria VF-1J's

Archer

I want these just as much as the VF-4. Is that strange?

Nah..it's not strange but trying to make our dreams come true:)

I used to have one V2 VF-1J miria but sold to forum member last year..sigh...

I want these just as much as the VF-4. Is that strange?

It be very strange if you didn't want all three in your collection!

I finally have some 1/60 V.2's and having the M&M types and a VF-4 only seem logical to own.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still kicking myself for not buying these when they came out! Had the preorder setup but I was buying so many 1/60 VF-1's at the time I had to draw the line somewhere....(oh god why there!) I figured the Max and Mira would be so popular I could still pick it up later like the TV VF-1s or the VF-1J Hic. or the VF-1.....anything without a super/strike pack aparently. DAMN I WAS SO WRONG! :( If anything deservers another run it is these!

Now I would give a kidney for Yamato to re-release these so I could pick each up and I am not spending $300-500 per on ebay for them. I was so depressed after reading this that I ordered the VF-1S Focker with effects pack....I am sick I know..... Come on Yamato I bought another VF-1S, throw me a bone here. Also you think Yamato could do another run of super/stike packs? I am feeling ill having to purchase them for $90US on ebay!

Of course with my luck Yamato will re-release these and charge $200 US for them....well they suckered my into a $200+ Firevalkyrie didn't they?

Well, at worst, it'll be my tax return present to myself next year. Expecting a TON back next year, but until then, c'mon Yamato!!! Even a small re-release will suffice, if they're scared of not selling well.

Man, I came pretty close to never owning these things too. I had them on preorder and the month before they were released I got laid off. I almost cancelled the order to save money but my Mom talked me into "treating" myself one last time (with the Elintseeker in this same order too.) It's a bummer other people can't get them, Max especially looks very striking.

Man, I came pretty close to never owning these things too. I had them on preorder and the month before they were released I got laid off. I almost cancelled the order to save money but my Mom talked me into "treating" myself one last time (with the Elintseeker in this same order too.) It's a bummer other people can't get them, Max especially looks very striking.

Sounds like you have an awesome Mom!

As for me, I was late to the game and ended up paying a premium for both (nowhere near the exorbitant prices seen on eBay lately), but I'm sure glad I tracked them down when I did. I'm confident Yamato will eventually re-release these (hopefully with Optional Parts), so everyone else hang in there!

Edited by Old Man

I almost missed out as well, I noticed they were not in stock anywhere though and lucked out and bought the pair from a fellow member here.

I kept putting them on the back burner trying to get all the other VF-1's and assumed they would be around as they are so popular.

Yah....Thats mine now~~~~

:)

Congratulations! You must had a pleasant deal with those pinoy sweeties! LoL..

I actually bought the Max when it came out. But I sold it a few weeks later. lol

I wish I kept it.

Lucky you sold it as you didn't want to see Max get suffered of being alone..Let's hope for the remarriage again;)

Just so I can feel the hatred from you guys for when I talked myself into picking these up for a good discount in a X-mas sale the year they came out.... ;)

I was a little irked to find after i had "treated" myself while unemployed these things went on sale so quickly after that.

I found a 1/48 Max and Mira for 8400 Yen each new and also a 1/60 Max for 90,000 yen and 1/60 Mira for 40000 Yen new ( I think they are version 1 because the box has the clear plastic top and not the flip up lid for the 1/60 models). I do not know if these are good prices but I live near Tokyo and have been finding some good Yamato models around here.

I found a 1/48 Max and Mira for 8400 Yen each new and also a 1/60 Max for 90,000 yen and 1/60 Mira for 40000 Yen new ( I think they are version 1 because the box has the clear plastic top and not the flip up lid for the 1/60 models). I do not know if these are good prices but I live near Tokyo and have been finding some good Yamato models around here.

Clear plastic top = no bueno. Those are version 1's...

90,000 JPY and 40,000 JPY for version 1's? :blink: That doesn't sound right (or moral at all) if it's not a typo.

I wonder if Max and Milia even sell well typically in Japan? I remember the 1/48's could be had for dirt cheap at Angolz and other places for a long time. Their VF-22S' are almost always on clearance.

Part of me thinks maybe Yamato released too many Max models at once, iirc didn't his VF-1A, VF-1S and TV VF-1A ship all around a the same time or little in between?

In general too, it seems like DYRL? models are more favorable in Japan.

Just my thoughts on why we haven't seen a Max/Milia rerelease. I would love to get one of Max, maybe Milia. Hell throw in the Komilia pod for Milia and side covers for both and I'd be happy.

For the TV series valks, it seems like Roy is a sure seller no matter what, followed by Hikaru's VF-1J.

Yeah, both 1A's and his 1S were released the same day. And it was only a few months later they released his 1J with Milia too. The only one i didn't get was the 1A DYRL at the time and I'm not sure why I didn't as Max is my favorite and I have all of his other Valks.

His DYRL 1A was re-released pretty recently with boxed-in strike packs, along with Kakizaki's. These were right after the change over to the non-coated canopies. But I don't think is 1S or TV 1J have ever had a re-release. Maybe the M&M valks just don't have as big a fan following in Japan?

I actually was going to pass on Max and Kaki's DYRL valks entirely until the strike bundles were put on sale at HLJ. I might get his 1S someday if it's re-released, but I've already got 17 of the things now, and that 18th spot is reserved for a VE-1, and then I'd need one more for an even 20. :p