I saw it on the news when I was over there last week, apparently the photo was in someone's personal collection. It'd be cool to somehow work in Yamato's sister ship into 2199, but I'm guessing it's not likely. Here's a newspaper clipping for more info on the new pic:

b41a53a66220958be9360a6c147625775534f315

I still marvel at the idea that mankind built such machines. Wish I could've seen it in person...

I still marvel at the idea that mankind built such machines. Wish I could've seen it in person...

While not a Yamato class I have been aboard both the USS Massachusetts and USS Wisconsin. Pictures alone don't do these ships justice. I get where you're coming from though. When I see something like a B-17 at an airshow which is impressive enough, I wonder what it must have been like to see a couple hundred of them flying in formation during the war.

Edited by renegadeleader1

When they were filming Otoko-tachi No Yamato, I went to Onomichi and stood on the deck of the 1/1 scale film set, and though they only built about 1/3 of the ship, what I stood on was absolutely breathtaking.

Edited by peter

While not a Yamato class I have been aboard both the USS Massachusetts and USS Wisconsin. Pictures alone don't do these ships justice. I get where you're coming from though. When I see something like a B-17 at an airshow which is impressive enough, I wonder what it must have been like to see a couple hundred of them flying in formation during the war.

I've once toured the USS Iowa. One thing you notice about a World War II battleship is the sheer amount of steel and the incredible thickness of the armor (such as on the bridge and turrets). I had the pleasure of touring a modern guided missile destroyer and the USS Iowa on the same day. The difference between the 2 ships was stark.

Damn, those 18 inchers were marvels of ballistic engineering. To think, Japan was building stuff like that barely 80 years after the end of the Shogunate. Just remarkable.

That's what she said!

Oh man! I hope its available anywhere else other than Amazon (shipping from them is a killer) - please post links to it if its available anywhere else. Thanks!!!

Why does she have a wedgie or thong on a dress? A little too fan servicey to me. Nice breasts though ;)

Chris

Is this another Megahouse gig? Yeah they've certainly taken liberties with the sculpts but hey, it sells right? I'll have to wait and see how she looks after coloring. Meanwhile I picked up Kiryu Mikage; she's pretty cute and they didn't blow up her boobs or thong-ify her butt, which gives her the edge over the other figures, IMO...

Really liked the movie, and its setup for a new Yamato 2.

Aquarius leaving behind overtech instead of a gloating ocean is a major step in the right direction. Hijikata gets some good minutes that really have me anticipating the Andromeda.

I also wonder if the celestrial Ark and Aquarius will replace Theresa and Telezart in the mew version of 2.

At the very least, it should be safe to say Yamato 3 has had its only goid parts covered. There's no longer a reason for a seperate Gamilus race, and we already have the dimensional sub.

Maybe the new series will combine the good elements of Be Forever Yamato & The New Voyage. Also likely, with Gatlantis hunting down Aquarius technology, the op white comet could originate from Aquarius as well.

So, when is this available on line..? :ph34r:

You pay for your Yamato like the rest of us damnit! It has subs!!

If you think it's expensive, buy one volume, then try not buying all the rest!!!

has this gone up for PO? where?

There's a new (online exclusive?) Mecha Collection coming with several smaller crafts - looking nice, but the pricing is a tad ambitious at 2970 Yen. And where's the 1/72 DWG 262?

banml150701.jpg

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-2/bandai-hobby-online-shop-2015年5月8日起接受訂購,日本2015年7月派貨-模型《/

I wonder what the vibration must of felt like in that ship when the guns fired.

I don't know what they were like on the Yamato, but theres at least one report from a Royal Navy experimental fit of other large naval guns that rivets would shear off from the force of the recoil.

Incidentally, the Japanese designed an anti-aircraft round to fire from those things!

I don't know what they were like on the Yamato, but theres at least one report from a Royal Navy experimental fit of other large naval guns that rivets would shear off from the force of the recoil.

Incidentally, the Japanese designed an anti-aircraft round to fire from those things!

I was onboard the USS Massachusetts yesterday and it was interesting to note the tiny cracks that appeared in the inner barbette from the force of the guns firing.