Ah, I see. Am I correct in assuming this is the VF-1 Riders display? I was hoping that they'd have amped up the customization into a proper 24, not just a 25 with delta wings.

Yes, it's a VF-1 Riders display.

Alas, that's no YF-24 in there... it's actually a custom VF-25 captioned "VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie / Legacy". 's just a VF-25F with a cropped delta wing.

EDIT: A lot of those craft there are Master File squadrons or variants out of Macross the Ride, the VF-25S to the right of the Messiah Legacy is a VF-25S from the SVF-440 Dullahans (a squad out of the VF-25 Master File), and you can see the VF-19ACTIVE Nothung, Paladin Prophecy, VF-11B Nothung II, and VF-4SL Lightning in those as well.

The one thing I love about this group is they make it their mission to take published variants and realize them in plastic. Truly an inspiring group of kit builders!

It would be difficult to modify and VF-25 into a YF-24 without extensive modifications. The "spikes" at the wing roots on the 25 are not found on the 24. The 24 has notched leading edges on the delta shaped wings unlike the variable sweep wings on the 25.

yf-24-top.gif

Edited by Zinjo

• 5 weeks later...

Funny you should mention making a kit out of the YF-24...

http://www1.cablenet.ne.jp/shima-m/macros1.htm

Pretty sweet stuff there... I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to kitbash a proper YF-24 if they ever did a YF-30 Chronos kit. Parts from that and a VF-25 should be enough.

It occurred to me recently that I don't know what Ranka's "real" name is. She presumably uses the Lee surname because of her relationship with Ozma, but wasn't born with it (barring a crazy coincidence). Her given name might not even be Ranka; if she was found as a deeply traumatized, amnesiac five-year-old, she might not have been able to provide her name, and I'm unclear what records of her background were retrievable.

Is that right? And, if so, is her birth name known?

Haha, good point! But I'll counter that her chances of having green hair, coming from that family line, don't look very good!

The_Jenius_Family.jpg

Two of seven kids. That's more green hair than most families. :p

I'd still like to see more on what happened to the Jenius kids. Like an anime version of Brady Bunch, you know?

In all seriousness, though... I'm not saying they need a dedicated series, but... a cameo somewhere would be nice.

Just an epileptic trees theory, but could it be Stern? It was a pseudo-plot point that Grace had the audacity to do everything she was doing under her own real name, so maybe she wouldn't even bother changing the name of her cyborg pet, either. It wouldn't have made a difference one way or another with Ranka's amnesia, so it's at least possible, if improbable.

OR, Probably more likely, Ranka Lee is her real name, since the fleet would have almost certainly had a passenger manifest, even if she was it's only survivor.

Edited by aceoftherebellion

It occurred to me recently that I don't know what Ranka's "real" name is. She presumably uses the Lee surname because of her relationship with Ozma, but wasn't born with it (barring a crazy coincidence). Her given name might not even be Ranka; if she was found as a deeply traumatized, amnesiac five-year-old, she might not have been able to provide her name, and I'm unclear what records of her background were retrievable.

Well... we know her surname changed, at the very least, when Ozma adopted her. Ranka seems to be her genuine given name, if the series is anything to go by. Her mother was Ranshe Mei, so that's probably Ranka's true surname there.

Well... we know her surname changed, at the very least, when Ozma adopted her. Ranka seems to be her genuine given name, if the series is anything to go by. Her mother was Ranshe Mei, so that's probably Ranka's true surname there.

I totally forgot that the Maaya Sakamoto character had a name. I guess that's that, then - thanks!

I wanted to add in that Ranshe Mei's research into the Vajira "language" seems to have inspired Ranka's name:

"Ranka" is actually a word in the true version of the Aimo song.

Makes sense, that was the research she was working on while preg, and what she sang to her all the time as a toddler.

By1BdhiCUAAJuXT.jpg

(Guessing from the song translation I would say Ranka means "hope"?? Just a guess tho.)

Edited by Kaldar5

Question:

Does anyone have any information on the Valkyrie craft compliment maximums of the SMS light carrier Gefion from Macross 30?
(I know you can fit limitless number of Valks in the game, heh)

Just wondered if there was any design info or specs out there. Light carriers are pretty cool, big enough to have as a base, small enough to be pirates or mercenaries.

I wanted to add in that Ranshe Mei's research into the Vajira "language" seems to have inspired Ranka's name:

"Ranka" is actually a word in the true version of the Aimo song.

Makes sense, that was the research she was working on while preg, and what she sang to her all the time as a toddler.

(Guessing from the song translation I would say Ranka means "hope"?? Just a guess tho.)

Oh, neat! While there is a cynical part of me that wants to question anyone's ability to accurately subtitle Yoko Kanno nonsense-language, I am going to ignore it and say that is super cool. Thank you for sharing!

Question:

Does anyone have any information on the Valkyrie craft compliment maximums of the SMS light carrier Gefion from Macross 30?

(I know you can fit limitless number of Valks in the game, heh)

Just wondered if there was any design info or specs out there. Light carriers are pretty cool, big enough to have as a base, small enough to be pirates or mercenaries.

As far as I am aware, no official information exists... though I would assume the number would be roughly comparable to what the Stargazer was able to carry in Macross 7. That would be about thirty-six planes.

I'm pretty sure it's Henry Bad*ss-Muthaf*cka Global.

Who's Henry?

When the SDF-1 folded too close to the surface of the earth, it took Macross Island and a portion of the surrounding ocean with it. I always assumed the tuna came from there. Why wasn't it stuck in the ice? Uh... it jumped.

Although, as I think about it now, it's more plausible that Macross Island had fishing boats and a fish market where a whole tuna could have simply been lying around.

As far as I am aware, no official information exists... though I would assume the number would be roughly comparable to what the Stargazer was able to carry in Macross 7. That would be about thirty-six planes.

Who's Henry?

Oh... My bad... BRUNO J-for-Just-Pimpin' Global.

Is there any valid explanation behind the giant tuna? Also, how in the world did Hikaru even manage to survive outside?

Well... as I am reliably informed, the giant-ness of the giant tuna is not actually unrealistic... there really are tuna species that can get that large, up to 4.6m (15 feet) and can weigh over 600kg (1322lb).

As far as Hikaru's survival goes... holding your breath the way he did is a stupendously bad idea if you plan to live through having jumped out into a vacuum (burst lungs are a real deal-breaker), but his flightsuit and helmet probably did a bit to protect him from vacuum exposure. You wouldn't exactly walk away from the experience unhurt, but it could be survivable.