Wave 1/72 Destroid Phalanx

electric indigo

100 bucks does seem kinda steep. Yamato could end up producting it for about the same price, in 1/60, as a finished toy, (with accessories) too boot.

I hope this kit does really well...

I have to agree with you: this kit looks great but USD104 before shipping... I for once can say that Yamato has fairer prices than their competitors :lol:

Wonder why the Phalanx is close to ¥3000 more than the Defender or Tomahawk, since it looks like they're essentially the same kits. (from the waist down, at least)

Maybe they're raising the price higher, because they think they won't sell as many, and have to make up the production tooling costs?

Being a completest on some things, I'll still have to get the prerequisite two kits, one to build, and one "MISB", because you just can't give the destroids enough love.

@ron5864 Bugger! You beat me to the punch.

Haha...but I didn't order one yet. Hope the price goes down to 5,000 yen or less when they have another sale. 7000+ yen is a bit rich for my taste right now.

Yep, the price is a little crazy on this one. I notice that the Defender is on sale at HLJ for 30% off. Nice discount if you're interested!

Picked that one up too, now to find a Tomahawk for reasonable

The price is a little high, but with the attention to detail, the fit and finish with little seam work, the tough-looking proportions (destroids), and the interchangeability of the valk parts, I think they're among the best kits available. Hopefully they'll do some enemy mecha next...both Macross and Mospeada.

• 3 months later...

HLJ is shipping them out now. Two are in the BIIIG box of all the other Macross re-releases coming. Gonna hide these away for a while.

EDIT: Update: HLJ is already at a "Backordered" status on the Phalanx...in only two days.

OT: Has anyone ever sold a resin accessory set for each battlepod version? I've only seen the base pod in 1:72.

Edited by Wasabi-san