Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

What's the news? this link has been around for a long time already???

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1523

Actually, have anyone bought from here before? I have someone in Japan to put down the deposit for me twice, but haven't got any confirmation email or reply back from Yamato yet. Is this normal? Is there any way that I or my friend could check if the order really went through? Thanks.

Edited by vf_1s

Actually, have anyone bought from here before? I have someone in Japan to put down the deposit for me twice, but haven't got any confirmation email or reply back from Yamato yet. Is this normal? Is there any way that I or my friend could check if the order really went through? Thanks.

Normally they should be more efficient that this, why don't you ask your friend to email or call them to enquire about the order confirmation. Anyway good luck to your purchase !

Sorry, i noticed it yesterday for the first time, i m not used to check Yamato site every single day of my life...

Re: sexism -

Well, I am a sexist, if by that you mean that I generally do discern a distinction between men and women and act discrimnatorily towards them on the basis of sex.

Here are some examples of how I've discriminated on the basis of sex over the years:

1. I turned down a gay guy who was hitting on me in a bar because, as I told him, I prefer women and don't sleep with men - independent of his merits as a sexual partner, I judged him solely on the basis of his being a guy and not on the basis of whether or not he was up to the task.

2. I turned down a very nice girl who was extremely intelligent and certainly beautiful in her own way for another girl who was far less intellectual, but far more feiminine (and I prefer to love women who are more feminine to women who are more intellectual) and had a happy relationship with this less intellectual but more feminine girl for 5 years and we are still good friends at the very least.

3. I have not paid men for sex and feel that they don't even deserve minimum wage from me for it.

I dunno - I could go on.

But my point is - when you decide to befriend someone, it is usually to the exclussion of other people. When you decide to get married or go on a date, you are excluding others. You are excluding them because the people you DO chose to spend your time with have qualities that you find preferable to other options.

Naturally, you can always change your opinion and reverse yourself.

But the point is - we all discriminate every single day, whether in choosing one restaurant over another, one toy over another or one woman (or man) over another.

That the word "discriminate" has become a dirty word is just a testamony to the collapse of any sensible understanding of the english language and the introduction of Orwellian doublethink that is meant to destroy the language, make certain words IMMEDIATELY bring to mind certain politically incorrect behaviors - and therefore make sure that NONE OF US ever have ANY TIME to even THINK about the concepts and ideas hidden behind those words.

There's nothing wrong with discriminating and every person does it and in fact has a right to do it.

Now, there are some situations where we might opine that discriminating is unfair.

For example - if a beautiful well cared for intelligent and successful woman approached you from the right, and a flabby girl with buck teeth and hair on her neck approached you from the left, and both asked you to go on a date - please tell me whether physical attraction would play ANY part in your decision?

Perhaps the flabby girl with buck teeth and hair on her neck is a brilliant erudite young woman, well versed in five languages, tender, kind and inspirational - but still these qualities MIGHT not be EVERYTHING you're looking for in a girl to the exlusion of all else.

Naturally, it is all very sad. But we also tend to forget that WOMEN judge men in much the same way, and are actually often far less queesy about being sexist.

Try to pick up a random beautiful girl by impressing her with the scope of your Yamato collection, your photographic knowledge of Shakespeare and your general good cheer. Then try to pick up a random beautiful girl by taking her to an expensive restaurant, taking her to a trendy disco, taking her shopping or - better yet - BUYING her a nice dress or other fashionable stuff - and see which one of these possibly attracts the girl faster?

Of course individual tastes vary, and one must never generalize - so it is possible to find a woman who will love you as you are - in fact, it's advisable to do so.

Happily for both sexes - there is not ONLY ONE MAN or ONLY ONE WOMAN in the universe who might fall in love with you and most of us have the happy chance to choose from a pool of possibilities where there are no extremes such as the ones I presented above but instead where we can be particular having first come to a general understanding of the "type" of girl (or guy, if we are girls) that we are looking for.

Of course, let me end by saying that the most extremist "sexists" that I know are - naturally if you think about it - all gay.

Gay men, in my experience, are similar to heterosexual men in one respect: they hunger for sex.

However, since heterosexual women, on the whole, do not hunger for sex to the same passionate extent as men, or, if they do, it is also balanced with a hunger for security, delicate love and companionship - so the heterosexual man MUST at least PRETEND to be delicate, loving, compassionate and friendly. And naturally, if you DO something long enough, then eventually you actually learn how accept it and in a way, you come to enjoy it - especially if the reward for it is the company of the beautiful woman that you compelled gentlemenly virtues upon yourself in order to get.

That said - gay men usually do not have this same challenge, since their prospective partners are equally hungry for immediate sexual gratification and there is no need to really impress prospective lovers with anything else beyond the fact that you have somewhere to take them and would like to do something to them.

I do not mean by this to suggest that homosexuals are incapable of a deeper love and friendship, but merely to state that given how the sexual desire is greater in men than in women, then obviously there is less dilly-dalying about the matter between two men than between a man and a woman - in general.

Then again - thanks to our friends, the enemies of sexism who wish all sexes to be equal - women have of late become more and more like men, loosing their tenderness and delicacy and replacing it with the cold, calculating cruel boorishness of men, and men have become lost in this jungle where it seems that it's ok to be ANY sexual type EXCEPT a heterosexual man. ALL deviancies from heterosexuality are presented as interesting, compelling and worthy of study and attention - while heterosexuality is so normal that it is boring and immediately associated with something dry. Romanticism is of course not popular any more because it is considered merely an outstretching of social conventions that somehow cement patriarchy and keep women down.

Thankfully, I live in a backwards country where, even more thankfully, women were for 50 years deprived the chance of being women in the fullest sense of the term, and are therefore not only eager to indulge themselves in conventionally feminist tasks such as getting careers, being financially independent etc etc (which are fine, since every person is free to pursue these things), but happily are also very excited - or at least have been for the past 20 years - about being sexy and attractive and tend to keep their weight down, their breasts firm, their legs smooth, their hair elegent and their clothing fashionable.

Of course, it is their right to, starting tomorrow, grow beards, develop potbellies, swagger, and burp at meals if they so wished.

Happily, I find that women do not wish to do that and instead are most content to remain women - who - just to close with a sexist remark are, in my opinion the superior sex, which is why I delight in trying to spend so much time with them.

Pete

on topic note: That SDF-1 for 2000 bucks sure is expensive! darn you Yamato!

Edited by VFTF1