ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

I thought it would be nice if there's a dedicated thread for this toy line.. I knew a couple of forumers here whose into collecting anime figures.. especially large female figures.. if you have them, then post it here..

I'm also aware that some members kinda find 'collecting sexy anime figs' kinda weird.. but i hope we all respect each collectors preferences.. biggrin.gif

anyway... to start this thread, here's one of my all time favorite figure:

Max Factory 1/7 Kureha (Shining Wind)

3603894802_bc42559dc1.jpg

3603209191_73708721a6.jpg

Hi, I'm Pete and I support this hobby :)

Sadly, thus far I only have Lyn Minmey and 1/8 Yoko. Minmey's best pose is in my sig :) As for Yoko....I put her picture in the Gurren Lagann topic.

I'm aiming to get the Bounty Hunter Yoko you showed off next.

After that, I'd LOVE to have the NA Sheryl from Macross Frontier, possibly the 1/8 Ranka and then I really wanna get Nia from Gurren Lagann too.

That said, given limited resources, there's other stuff that I prioritize before these types of figures, like Socs, Macross, Gundams, and even Revoltechs. I'm interested in Yamato's VMF...er...VFM? ... line the super poseables with better butts than Revoltechs...

But in general, fixed pose figures are certainly a work of art and wonderful wonderful items.

Pete

I am not a great collector of statues really, and I am aware that gashapon does not count!

is it my imagination? the strap seems to "sink" into the arms, just as if it was really tight! amazing attention to detail!

3603894802_bc42559dc1.jpg

If it's not too much trouble, is there an overall picture? seems your setting is much like a "diorama" of some sort!

Just the sexy-ness of the figures just catches my attention. They are works of art! Here's my contribution...my favorites!

Gurren-lagann's Yoko: Real Image ver.

Manufacturer: Max Factory

Scale: 1/6

10090289a.jpg

10090289a2.jpg

Kinu Nishimura Collection Shiranui Mai

Manufacturer: Max Factory

Scale: 1/6

10057674a3.jpg

I started picking up PVC anime figures on a lark after starting to collect Yamatos and now they far outnumber them. :unsure:

I'm probably going to stop very soon due to lack of space, cutting into my Valkyrie funds, and worst of all the huge price increases. My first figure ever was Alter's 1/8 KOS-MOS which was only 3900 yen and is still one of the best figures I've ever bought several years later in terms of sculpt and painting. Now I see PVC figures retailing for over 12000 yen?? The upcoming Ranka is nearly 7000 yen??? WTH...

My latest purchases: GSC's Saber Lily, probably the best Saber figure ever, for you Fate fans. And Allean from Queen's Blade, because I dig elf chicks. ^_^

post-5703-1255550546_thumb.jpgpost-5703-1255550585_thumb.jpg

here's a section of my display area dedicated for Anime Female Statues.. i took this shoot a few months ago while setting it up, will take updated pictures once i get the luxury of time:

3924360151_5ae70725db.jpg

3924360135_da8f47049d.jpg

3924320877_bd03407976.jpg

i placed my top 3 favorite figures at the center on each shelves:

Alpha x Omega Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)

Max Factory Kureha (Shining Wind)

Daiki Kanu (Ikkitousen.. personally, the best every kanu figure so far.. with squeezable bumbers lol)

3925168888_0d3fd4571e.jpg

Here's my collection of non macross figures for what it's worth.

Whilst the nendoroids might not be sexy they are kawaii and the Strike Witches & Skygirls might be a bit loli (hey whatever floats your boat :ph34r: ) but the Ryomou Shimei & Intron Depot figures help make up for it.

post-3605-1255572391_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1255572498_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1255572548_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1255572596_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1255572643_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1255572689_thumb.jpg

post-3605-1255573492_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegunny

I have a thing for Chun Li and Mai Shiranui and to a lesser extent Capcom/SNK gals. Medicom Snake is usually on my desk. What does occupy that space is very big, very expensive, and very NSFW. Search Daiki Kougyo Koyori if you're curious. I do not own the Atelier Sei Knight Sabers anymore. Posing toys is a sub hobby of mine. My collecting of PVC figures has slowed down tremendously in the last couple of years, however I am waiting on the Beat Choun Shiryu.

DSC09066.jpg

DSC09065.jpg

DSC09064.jpg

DSC04805.jpg

Well, don't have pics since I'm still waiting for a move so I can finally start on a "Collection room" (a.k.a Mancave)

but apart from my Macross items I have in my collection:

Bleach - Yoruichi

Bome - Akira

Chu x Chu Idol - Chua Churam

Claymore - Clare

Code Geass - C.C.

Comic party - Takase Mizuki

Dead or Alive - Kasumi

Fate Stay/Night - Saber :unsure:, Saber :blink:,... Saber :wacko: (on it's way now arrived today)

...I'll probably be collecting the Red Saber (Mordred? Jeanne d'Arc?) if they're able to make a nice figure of it as well, but so far any artwork seems a little anorexic

Generation of Chaos - Clain Clain

He is my Master - Izumi Sawatari

Ikki tousen - Ryomou Shimei and Kanu Uncho

Kaibutsu Oujo - Hime (and Flandre) and Reiri (and a bit of Riza)

Mai Hime/Otome - Natsuki, Mai and Shizuru

Mahoromatic - Mahoro and Minawa

Melty Blood - Sion

Rosario + Vampire - Moka

Rozen Maiden - Suigintou

Tsukihime - Trading Figs

Tsukuyomi - Trading Figs

(whew, that took a while to compile)

Edited by Nightbat

I have a thing for Chun Li and Mai Shiranui
Who doesn't? :lol:
I do not own the Atelier Sei Knight Sabers anymore.

DSC04805.jpg

That's too bad. Finding those Knight Sabers is like finding gold. I had some friends of mine who owned an anime shop a few years ago and I got mine from them. Man, cost me an arm and a leg...

Looks like I am going to have to post some pics of my anime statues and figures, too...Good thread...

p.s. LOVE the display case, MaveRick...

Edited by buffalostyle

Ironically, I think the Bishoujo Rogue is the most common figure here. (ironic since she's not anime). (and I've got one too) :)
Rogue is one of my favourite X-Men characters probably second after only Wolverine. While overall the Bishoujo Rogue is a really nice PVC like almost everything anime/manga related the face is very lackluster IMO. Take note when I was at SDCC they had a proto up of a slightly altered Bishoujo Rogue that will feature Gambit's full coat. When I asked one of the numerous attractive Japanese females staffing their area (her name escapes me atm) she apologetically stated that it wasn't supposed to be actually on display <_< I was going to try and take a picture but some huge cow suddenly appeared and loomed over the display case and when I went back it was gone.

Still haven't seen or heard where this other version will show up. Anyone else got any info?

I won't say that. It's very nice, but I prefer my ebCraft (modified) Saber and Alter Saber... mostly because of the posability though.

I see you used a different head, the anime correct head isn't that correct unfortunatly

and I tossed the 'Anatomicly correct' head straight into the garbage can

I just recieved Lily today, she beats the EB I have as well hands down, her pose outposes the EB's posability :lol:

only problem I have atm is that excaliber won't fit in her hand

Your EB Alter Saber has nicer armor than my Griffon one, but I prefer the face of the Griffon version

Edited previous post since I forgot my Suiginto figure

Edited by Nightbat

With Saber Lily you have to use brute force to get Excalibur into her hand. I hate having to do that, and I was afraid the paint would get scraped off, but everything held together and no PVC was harmed. :mellow:

I have the EB Saber as well, and the armor looks pretty, but the poseability is limited, and the joints get loose real quick as they're not really designed to handle the weight of solid PVC very well. Oh and both heads are fugly. I thought about doing the head mod using the head off Kotobukiya's Saber, but really, if a PVC figure requires that kind of mod, it's anything but the "best." :p

Oh, the Gift Saber also rocks, except for the face too... for some reason, Saber's face is screwed up looking in most of her PVC incarnations. Is it really that hard to sculpt her face properly?

http://www.hlj.com/product/GIF82004

Edited by Lolicon

Yeah, the basic EB Saber head isn't the best. The body is worth the effort spent in salvaging it though, as the joints and armour details are good enough. The restrictions in posability that Lolicon mentions is part of the tradeoff in making the figure looks good, so I'm ok with it.

I'll be quite honest and say if you're going for statues/ figures, Lily Saber is pretty much #1 on the list now (I haven't uncrate mine yet, but it looks that good in box...). I'd say Zero Saber is #2, wish I'd picked that one up. I like the loli-Alter Saber, but that's a bit hard to find now -- don't like the Griffon Saber, looks quite "hippy" from photos.

But if you're looking for semi-posable display pieces, EB Sabers (normal and Alter) are the best, even with that poor head. Next after that I'll have to say Figma's Saber and Saber Lily. Revoltech Sabers are a poor but fun 3rd.

And yes, Saber's face is quite hard to get right. Figma does a good job though, but Revoltech is quite far off, and EB defaults are not good. Saber Lily does the best as far as I can remember.

Rogue is one of my favourite X-Men characters probably second after only Wolverine. While overall the Bishoujo Rogue is a really nice PVC like almost everything anime/manga related the face is very lackluster IMO. Take note when I was at SDCC they had a proto up of a slightly altered Bishoujo Rogue that will feature Gambit's full coat. When I asked one of the numerous attractive Japanese females staffing their area (her name escapes me atm) she apologetically stated that it wasn't supposed to be actually on display <_< I was going to try and take a picture but some huge cow suddenly appeared and loomed over the display case and when I went back it was gone.

Still haven't seen or heard where this other version will show up. Anyone else got any info?

Long coat rogue is estimated to arrive January 2010, according to BBTS and limited to 1000. I was going to get the bishoujo Rogue as well, but felt the same about the face and passed. I'll wait and see what the Psylocke one looks like ^_^

The modded EB Saber is probably the best regular armor Saber around, if you're willing to do the mod and sacrifice another figure. ^_^

Saber figures that actually look like Saber that I've picked up over the years:

GSC's Saber Lily

figma Saber

Alter's Type Moon Saber gashapon (surprising)

Kotobukiya's Saber

I also have the big Clayz 1/6 Saber and GSC's first Saber... it's more accurate to say they're Saber cosplayers. And for some reason I have the GSC Maid Saber. :wacko:

A truly inspiring thread. There are some pieces in here I'd really like....not all of them anime girls. That SOC Gunbuster, for example? Man...I would love to get my hands on one finally. In the same pic was Yoko in green bikini - I like it. Keep posting guys - lots of good stuff :) I still need to up and take some pictures of my Minmey and Yoko...

Pete

Long coat rogue is estimated to arrive January 2010, according to BBTS and limited to 1000. I was going to get the bishoujo Rogue as well, but felt the same about the face and passed. I'll wait and see what the Psylocke one looks like ^_^

THANK YOU! Now to decide whether or not to get this version too...

Edited by bluemax151

The modded EB Saber is probably the best regular armor Saber around, if you're willing to do the mod and sacrifice another figure. ^_^

To be honest, I only picked up EB Saber after I saw a net article on the mod, and I picked up the sacrificial Koto Saber to do it. I figured, since I'm going to put the moolah down for the EB Saber -- which cost a pretty penny! -- I might as well do her right. Didn't regret it.

And for some reason I have the GSC Maid Saber. :wacko:

TBH that Maid Saber just looks wrong. Not the sculpt, but the overall idea of it. Not "Saber" per se.

I honestly wish I could get some of the more classy statues in, but space is a premium. There's this Belldandy sculpt that is absolutely lovely, but I won't have space to display it in. Rest of what I have is a pair of 1/6 Kereboros armour that I picked up over the years. The T&A statues/ figs, is a NSFW/H kind of thing, so I have to pass on some of them... but to be honest, most aren't to my taste either.

My little Mikuru♥

(from the Anime/Novel series "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya")

she is by "MEGAHOUSE CORP."

she is based off an "Obitsu" brand body, and those bodies are designed to be "hot-swappable"

with various sizes of bust pieces, among other things.

i've always wanted an Anime Maid, always keeping a hopeful eye out,

for some company to get around to putting out a "Mahoro" doll

(from the Manga/Anime series "MAHOROMATIC")

well, that never happened, but that's okay,

as Sweet little Miku♥ here more than makes up for that...

(i made numerous modifications to her clothing. you can get a rundown of them on my DEVIANT ART page: http://shaorin-chan.deviantart.com/ )

MyMikuru1.jpg

MyMikuru7a.jpg

MyMikuru6a.jpg

MyMikuru5a.jpg