1/72 SPARTAN REVIVAL

captain america

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arrgghh!!

I’m late me too…

Are other Spartans available?

Furthermore, I’m new in this forum and I’d like to know if there is a catalogue of the George’s creations and a way to know what is still available for a purchase.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!!

ANDREA

(Italy)

Sorry John!!

I made a stupid error and I confused the first name!

Of course, you are the artist wanted!

I’ll read and check the link you have kindly signaled me. I hope to understand what is, at this moment, available and purchasable.

John, please, a little information: what kind of material you use as base of your sculpting work? Wood?

Thanks and sorry for my mistakes!

ANDREA

(Italy)

John, please, a little information: what kind of material you use as base of your sculpting work? Wood?

ANDREA

(Italy)

The Captain uses a polyurethane modeling board called Ren Shape.

Sorry John!!

I made a stupid error and I confused the first name!

Of course, you are the artist wanted!

I’ll read and check the link you have kindly signaled me. I hope to understand what is, at this moment, available and purchasable.

ANDREA

(Italy)

There's someone here selling older kits

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41486

I was lucky enough to score all the Destroids the first time out.

After buying them everything else just pales into the shadows Hasegawa included.

I need to get back on the Captain America buying wagon again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

He doesnt sculpt or cast models any more. All macross Master molds were sold earlier this year as he shut down all the modelling side of his business, he's now a master watch craftsman. Any Moscato kits already out there are the only ones that will ever be.

Edited by NZEOD

He doesnt sculpt or cast models any more. All macross Master molds were sold earlier this year as he shut down all the modelling side of his business, he's now a master watch craftsman. Any Moscato kits already out there are the only ones that will ever be.

This is a bad new to hear... who bought his molds (he made a lot of kits) and for what purpose???

I was particularly interested in his zentradi and destroids kits...

Edited by Gatsu

if you hunt through the forsale section you'll come across all the threads selling the master molds and last kits. Some are still being made by others, like the ES11B Catseye that Neptune studios now casts for sale through StarshipModeller.com

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=44048#entry1297140

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43605#entry1265766

Edited by NZEOD

if you hunt through the forsale section you'll come across all the threads selling the master molds and last kits. Some are still being made by others, like the ES11B Catseye that Neptune studios now casts for sale through StarshipModeller.com

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=44048#entry1297140

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43605#entry1265766

I would never buy the molds... first i m not rich, second i wouldn't know what to do with...

ahhhh...I was pointing you to the thread that would show WHO DID buy the molds...

i suppose you are joking, right? I saw only these molds "Macross:

1/72 Regult-all 4 variants (standard w/cockpit interior, light missile, heavy missile and scout) $4400*

1/72 N-Ger $3000*" and i see nobody who said "i bought it".

personally i d like to know if somebody will reissue the zentradi kits and the destroids. I have no interest in Mospeada

Edited by Gatsu

if you email him he may tell you who bought them. They are sold

And your question on his thread about him selling them to a toy manufacturer... the point of his work IS to make them unique, limited run (20 to 30 usually) and collectible so they will always be expensive, classy and beyond the quality of any mass produced version.

if you email him he may tell you who bought them. They are sold

And your question on his thread about him selling them to a toy manufacturer... the point of his work IS to make them unique, limited run (20 to 30 usually) and collectible so they will always be expensive, classy and beyond the quality of any mass produced version.

What's would be the point if (hypothetically) some garage kits producer would pay him for the molds making them more widespread???

P.S. It is not clear from pics if the moscato's regults and NG were posable or totally fixed...

Edited by Gatsu

You'd need to know how garage molding works and how few castings you can actually take off a mold before its useless and has to be redone. Thats the main reason there are so few done each casting run.

The guys and girls making these things aren't making them for the masses, just as a collectible limited edition.

You'd need to know how garage molding works and how few castings you can actually take off a mold before its useless and has to be redone. Thats the main reason there are so few done each casting run.

The guys and girls making these things aren't making them for the masses, just as a collectible limited edition.

Yes obviously i know nothing of how garage molding works that's why i said my question could have been ingenuous.

I have the patterns and have made new molds for the soldier and for Kajim standing figures.

PM me if your interested in one.

What I'd really like to know is if the person/party that bought the Zentran soldier moulds is planning on casting a few as I missed out on getting one for my collection.

PM'd...

Maybe Gatsu is onto something here

Maybe the guys that bought the masters who are intending to cast from them could add their names to a list with what masters they have so we know who to contact?

That would be a list worth having pinned in the Model or Workshop section.

Edited by NZEOD

I have the patterns and have made new molds for the soldier and for Kajim standing figures.

PM me if your interested in one.

What other patterns do you have?

I have the 2 zentran figures molds and his 1/72nd Glaug pod. Both have good sets of molds right now.

Damn, i would be interested in that but i m out of money right now... i hope you won t do it too soon...

P.S. Were the glaug legs fixed or articulated?

Edited by Gatsu