Just order: 1/72 VF-11B Nothung 2

ulvdemon

Very late to the game, but I went and ordered the VF-11B Nothung 2 from Macross Plus. I was wondering if there are any alternate decal options available for purchase? I am thinking of building an in-flight diorama with either 2 VF-1A's or a Vf-1A and a VF-1S flying in formation and I wanted to give them all a low viz type paint scheme. Any help in navigating through all of the available options would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

Welcome to the forums, the Nothung 2 is from Macross The Ride, the regular VF-11B Thunderbolt is from Macross Plus. The VF-11B Thunderbolt and Super Thunderbolt include what can be considered low viz grey schemes on the decal sheets but there are no low viz aftermarket decals.

An option is to use 1/72 low viz decals from real aircraft / squadrons, which is what a lot of Macross squadrons seemto be based on anyway. For example, the VE-11 Thunder Seeker SVAW-121 Squadron seems to echo the real life USN VAW-121 AEW Squadron. There are numerous low viz F-14, F-16 and F/A-18 decals out there available for you to appropriate and use for your own custom Squadrons.

Edited to correct spelling

Edited by Model-Junkie