SDR-04-Mk XII Phalanx

Flakpanzer

Hello Guys.

It’s been a long time since I finish my last Macross Model Kit, but I haven’t forgotten I here is Wave’s Phalanx.

I painted it with Model Master enamels and Vallejo acrylics, the built was oob except for the ¿antenas? And the missing missile.

I tried to do “space weathering” applied different varnish (gloss, satin and matt) and a light coat of light gray and Vallejo’s washes (Everything with airbrush). Between each coat of varnish/paint/wash I applied sugar to do a random effect with the finishing coatings.

Hello Guys.

It’s been a long time since I finish my last Macross Model Kit, but I haven’t forgotten I here is Wave’s Phalanx.

I painted it with Model Master enamels and Vallejo acrylics, the built was oob except for the ¿antenas? And the missing missile.

I tried to do “space weathering” applied different varnish (gloss, satin and matt) and a light coat of light gray and Vallejo’s washes (Everything with airbrush). Between each coat of varnish/paint/wash I applied sugar to do a random effect with the finishing coatings.

IMG_6138.jpg
IMG_6147.jpg
IMG_6149.jpg
IMG_6150.jpg
IMG_6151.jpg
IMG_6152.jpg
IMG_6153.jpg
IMG_6154.jpg
IMG_6155.jpg
IMG_6156.jpg
IMG_6159.jpg
IMG_6164.jpg
IMG_6166.jpg
IMG_6168.jpg
IMG_6174.jpg
IMG_6175.jpg
IMG_6176.jpg
IMG_6179.jpg

And here is a pic with the gang up to now.

IMG_6186.jpg

Regards,

Flak

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys.

Electric Indigo, that is correct, I used sugar instead of salt. For better results is ideal to do a mix of sugar and salt (even flour for what I have read) because of the different seizes of the grains.

The Spartan is next, I hope have it ready for the end of the year (other project in progress now) and I will leave the Monster for the end :rolleyes: .

Regards,
Flak