The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Robot mode---yup, they're SUPPOSED to have a jet on their back, so I'm fine with it.

Jet mode---we'll see. Again, I'll be pretty lenient due to G1-homage, but I am very worried about Silverbolt, as a Concorde is just as bad as an SR-71 for trying to "fit a robot inside". (I pray they are aware of the XB-70, but pessimistically assume they don't know about it, or know about it but still went with a Concorde for G1-sake)

Gah, I hate teaser shots like that-my eyes get so sore from squinting. I reckon TFC will still stick with a Concorde looking alt mode, but I'm hoping that it'll be a lot better than movie Jetfire or that Ultra class Silverbolt from a couple years ago.

any ideas what Fansproject is up to these days?

The next Warbot: WB-002.

I'm finding it amazing that it seems the majority of "TF fans who check TF websites every day etc" are only just now finding out about Super Ion. Apparently they all missed the clear big front-paged silhouettes from a few weeks ago, but the super-blurry pic caught everyone's eye.

(and half of them are arguing about whether that's Silverbolt, Slingshot, or Fireflight despite how utterly clear it is that it's an F-4 Phantom)

I'm finding it amazing that it seems the majority of "TF fans who check TF websites every day etc" are only just now finding out about Super Ion. Apparently they all missed the clear big front-paged silhouettes from a few weeks ago, but the super-blurry pic caught everyone's eye.

(and half of them are arguing about whether that's Silverbolt, Slingshot, or Fireflight despite how utterly clear it is that it's an F-4 Phantom)

I said this earlier but I think it bares repeating:

OH MY GOD SUPERION!!!

As for Warbot 002, whether or not I'm interested hinges entirely on what the "heartmaster" gimmick is. I'm getting a very godrmaster vibe from his little buddy-former, and if that's the case I may have to get him. BTW, one of the better third party companies out their seriously needs to do a proper, modern Overlord.

So, we got something related to MP-12.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/masterpiece-13-teaser-and-arms-micron-breakdown-starscream-vehicon-and-knockout-pics-175097/

apparently he's really tiny. there's also pics of Arms micro versions of Starscream Knockout and Vehicon with their minicons and first color pics of voyager breakdown.

oh yeah, and MP-13 is probably going to be Soundwave. ;)

::squee:: (I'm a *huge* Sideswipe fan)

LHyod.jpg

Yup, they've already got the hole molded in for the lights for Red Alert.

I've thought this since the first drawing, but does anyone else think the overall transformation is awfully "simple" for a Masterpiece, and not all that toon-accurate? The whole bottom half is about the same level/design as the Universe version.

Not sure if I like the rear bumper as ankle-guards.

Anyways, a big part of it will be how it's painted--will it match the G1 toy, and be almost pure red, or will it match the actual Countach that Sideswipe is directly modeled after, and have lots of black accents? (MP-12 is clearly that exact particular Countach, and the G1 markings/stickers and some of the details point to it as well. Not sure if I posted this before in THIS forum, but G1 Sideswipe is based off a particular custom Countach that is very popular/famous in Japan. Plus several recent high-end diecast models of this Countach have re-invigorated its popularity, especially once again, in Japan---I'd bet a lot of money that someone at Takara bought one of the new models that Kyosho put out of this car, and used it as a reference--not a bad thing, as it's a very accurate model)

http://www.lmpcars.c...untach-lp400-3/

If the G1 toy had a bigger budget, it would likely have either been molded or painted with the same black fender arches, etc.

I've thought this since the first drawing, but does anyone else think the overall transformation is awfully "simple" for a Masterpiece, and not all that toon-accurate? The whole bottom half is about the same level/design as the Universe version.

I think that Takara just wants to continue their cheapass streak and sell a classics voyager (at most looking at Mr. puny and simple) for big bucks. I know BBTS is probably guessing, but they are already asking 159$ for it:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11477&mode=retail

I think they finally nailed what is their Masterpiece line: overly expensive for what you get.

Definitely buying MP-12. It's a little on the simple side as far as transformation, but it looks good enough in both modes. Hell, I'd buy it just for the Countach alt mode.

Just hope the price reflects the smaller size.

Weird, I thought Galvatron would make it first as a masterpiece before this guy: MP-13

Why? Soundwave is one of the most popular characters in all of G1. Galvatron is just Megatron only purple and crazy with an alt mode that looks like a sex toy.

I'm hopeful that it is in fact Soundwave, but I'll wait to get excited until we see an actual photo of something.

Edited by anime52k8

I'm hopeful that TFsource's price for MP-13 is accurate. $150~$160 before shipping isn't too bad of a price and that probably means it'll be decently larger than MP-12 (or at least come with several cassette bots.

Yeah, but how can you really Masterpiece-erize Soundwave? His transformation was already pretty basic and still looked decent in both modes. If it ends up being just a larger-scale type of G1 toy, then I can't see it worth that kind of money. If it's a new transformation, then is it really an homage to G1?

Yeah, but how can you really Masterpiece-erize Soundwave?

Articulation, crap loads of articulation. Just because it's a masterpiece does not automatically require a complex transformation. Soundwave's transformation is already really good, the design really only needs lots of extra joints to give it greater range of motion.

of course, there's also lots of room to improve the proportions on the original toy and add lots of detail (give it a proper waist, eliminate the gaps in the legs, generally make the proportions better while still keeping a good looking tape deck mode).

Why? Soundwave is one of the most popular characters in all of G1. Galvatron is just Megatron only purple and crazy with an alt mode that looks like a sex toy.

I'm hopeful that it is in fact Soundwave, but I'll wait to get excited until we see an actual photo of something.

I was thinking they would pair up MP Rodimus with a Galvatron first, but MP Soundwave is cool too.

A new Megatron would be great, but I think having a few new characters goes a long way.

Soundwave went up for pre-order on BBTS for 150 so I snapped it one up. I can always cancel if he ends up being more expensive or the look isn't good. Soundwave is probably my favorite Decepticon though so I'm stoked to start seeing images of him.

I was thinking they would pair up MP Rodimus with a Galvatron first, but MP Soundwave is cool too.

To me at least (and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel this way) Rodimus and Galvatron really aren't an adversarial pair the way Prime and Megaton where. Prime and Megs had history that goes way back; their ubiquitous. Rodimus was a team killing noob who somehow got promoted to leader and Galvatron was essentially a completely new character for the movie.

Personally, when I think who pairs off well with Rodimus, my first reaction is Ultra Magnus, fallowed by Arcee and then Springer. Galvatron on the other hand goes best with Cyclonus, Scourge and the sweeps.

:edit:

Oh god, could you imagine an MP Scourge, with e-hobby exclusive Sweeps? :wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

I want, and have always wanted, a G1 Ultra Magnus that is designed from scratch to be solely Ultra Magnus. Not "let's take an existing Prime and work around him to try to armor him up to look like Magnus". "Toon-appearance Magnus" should be the original goal, make everything else work around that. The cab frankly doesn't need to play any part in robot mode, and frankly shouldn't. Other than to have the head pop out of. (and there shouldn't be a smaller OP head inside, just a big UM head)

Plus, I demand a quasi-realistic car-carrier trailer. It's the #1 reason I like RiD Magnus so much in vehicle mode---it's the most realistic car-carrier Magnus ever, and one of the best TF trucks period. (it looks and works even better when it's properly transformed--which is rarely photographed)

Yeah, it's a fair point and part of the reason I bought Warbot. But Takara seems to be countering the upcoming 3rd party Soundwave toys with one of their own. Slightly different situation I know, but one can always hope. That being said, I truthfully believe Springer isn't popular enough to warrant an MP, Warbot or not.